Bridgestone Dueler A/T 697

Bridgestone Dueler A/T 697 (page 6 of 6)

• Off-Roading Frequency
  • Wet Weather Handling
  • Durability
  • Dry Weather Handling

80 series 4x4

80 series 4x4Adelaide

I'm on my second set of 265/75/16LT's

I even have them on my camper. I find that they were very well. They seem to match the capabilities of our 80 series Landcruiser. Great for off roading and hwy, having said that, they not very good for mud but you can tell that by the tread.
Never had a puncher and the side walls are tough. Had these tyres as low as 6 psi in deep soft sand without any drama.
I find them great but I do drive to conditions and I'm in no hurry to get anywhere.

About to buy my 3 set of A/T D697LTs

I do about 60%road, 30% sand and 10% in the bush. I don't find them noisy at all and my first set lasted 101000ks and the set on now is about to tick over 90000ks. They are still about 1mm off the wear bar so I could still get more ks out of them but we are looking at heading south fishing and I want the new ones on before we tack off. I rotate them every 10000ks and re balance them every 40000ks. Tyre pressure is also the key to longer lasting tyres.

Dannyjim

DannyjimMelbourne

Dmax on LT255-65-R17

Stock tyre size, but I wanted the LT construction. Done 25K on them so far, serious off road a couple of times, lots of gravel tracks and towing as well. No mud tyre, but honest off road in the bogs, just pick your lines! Wear has been great, noise is non existent, bitumen is same as stock HT's but better in wet. Looking at 80+k out of these boots. Happy days, will buy again.

Graeme

Graeme

It must depend on the car

Buzz

Buzz

LT285/65 R17 - Good tyre only let down by noise

sean.flanigan.7545

sean.flanigan.7545Perth, Western Australia

Way better than tread pattern suggests

Bridgestone A/T 265 65 17

needed new tyres on Prado while in Rockhampton and opted for B/S AT 697 265 65 17 great service @ Bridgestone Dealer had Original Dunlop 120 A/T which had travelled 90.000 . Bridgestone better tyre and cheaper than the same size Dunlops.
No road noise and hold road great on or off the tar in wet or dry.Very stable with van on back. Currently have travelled 15.000klms no sign of wear and the benefit is that all tyre rotations and balances @ Bridgestone Tyre Centres are free. Recommend them.
The service I received at Bridgestone Centre in Rockhampton

great tyre heaps of tread

Put these on my Xtrail after having the original ht's. Man what a difference. Had four punctures on the old set of ht's just way to soft for a car that heavy these are great higher load rating doesn't make the ride any rougher which one tyre man said during my research. Well done Bridgestone you nailed it.
heaps of bite. noisy
nothing yet. Will keep you posted

Guzzi Matt

Guzzi MattSouth East Queensland, QLD

Early days but pleased so far

Barra
Barra

GuzziMatt how are the D697 LT tyres holding up??

06prado

06prado

Fantastic tyre

I was choosing between the coopers and these and went with these for my 2006 Prado based on cooper reviews. I have crossed the nullarbor and all up driven 15000 km so far ( all on road ) and are very happy with them.
These tyres are quiet and smooth and appear to be wearing very well.
I would recommend these to anyone.
Update; after 80,000 ish k's I have replaced these tyres. So happy with them I just replaced with same and again I am happy as a pig in proverbial. They did get a tad noisy after 60/70 thousand, but I won't hold that against them!! Great tyre
Quiet, smooth
Nothing at all

CarLand cruiser Prado
Gulfstream

GulfstreamSydney

Toyota Hilux 265/65R17 A/T Tyres - Australian Designed A/T tyres for Australian Conditions

BRUCE686
BRUCE686

I HAVE D697 BRIDGESTONES LT265/70/16 MADE IN JAPAN ON THE SIDE WALL

Bigjordan

BigjordanAdelaide

Excellent Product

I put these D697's on my 90 Series Prado about 10,000k ago. They have been great. Quiet on road, excellent grip. Being a road based tyre I didn't expect them to be exceptional off road, however they have surprised me. Never had any issues with punctures or sidewalls, and they have more grip than I expected off road. Obviously they don't have the grip of a MT, but they are a happy medium.
Reliable, quiet, good all rounder
Reasonably expensive. Based on wear so far, I think I'll be lucky to get 40-50k out of them. Far from the 80k that coopers and BFG's claim to get.

Rayza
Rayza

Don't believe what Coopers and BFG claim. BFG were good but made in Indo are rubbish. Coopers delaminate and try gettin a claim. You could go to them everyday for inflation and still they will tell you that pressures are wrong

Absolutely stoked.

I looked hard and long at all sorts from Pirelli Scorpion through wrangler tyres and compared everything with everything. It seemed like no one had any info for the the 200 series landcruisers.So yeah looked into it and found that these bad boys were not that bad at $372 ea fitted balanced etc etc. Quiet, strong hold, sounds like the kms are great. Went for it - happy as. I have a work ute, and my wife drives the 200 mostly - she is stoked so yep - happy wife, happy life..
Quiet, strong hold, pattern, subtle appearance
Nothing...I dont believe in sacrificing price having said that - $372 for a 285/65R17 is pretty good in my book...

UPDATE - Here we are 6 months later - 3T down the highway in pouring rain at 100km'ish, not once did they stop cutting through the water, they are great.

A_Nother-Consumer

A_Nother-ConsumerPerth, WA

Sensational tyre at an affordable price.

Bought a pair of the d697's on 16" steel Sunraysia rims and Tough Dog suspension and I have to say I am very impressed with their handling and performance on the tar. Very quiet tyre and very grippy. Heaps of tread and a bit of body roll, but that's to be expected in a 2.2 tonne 4WD. I'm yet to take them offroad, but going by customer reviews I think they'll go ok. I have no hesitation in recommending this tyre to anyone who wants a great safe AT tyre that spends 90% of the time on tar. Highly recommended.
Ride comfort, quiet, inexpensive, heaps of tread.

Have since had the car offroad several times without issue. Very grippy on unsealed roads and great on rocks and sand. Would highly recommend these tyres to anyone looking for a good all-terrain tyre without the hefty price tag. Love them.

Bridgestone AT 697

I am having the 265/75/16 fitted at present will keep posted on how they go.
Having fitted on Troopy which had BF Goodrich, I had good run with tyres but were getting past used by date, were over 8 years old.
Heading to the cape in 7 weeks time so will be put to the test.

you gotta be happy with 8 years out of a set of tyres !

Hogrambikes

Tyres still looking good and preforming well, just came back from the Easter run nth qld tracks best tyre i have owned friends run same tyre with no problems .

Cam G

Cam GSydney

697 LT on Discovery 3

Dan J
Dan J

But i bet your brakes are good!

Trampel

TrampelSouth East Queensland, QLD

So far so good

Steve.M

Steve.MSOUTH BRISBANE

Dueler A/T697

Just put a set of D697's on my Mazda BT50 dual cab after 2 sets of BFG AT's. New 697 has 3mm deeper tread than old 694 and a 8ply rating in my size 255/70/16. It also runs heavier side walls which should help at low psi off road.
Big difference to the BFG on road in wet as the old tyres even from new were scary and the Bridgestone just grips with confidence. Only limited off road so far but good in wet dirt/clay on building sites so far for an all terrain(Not Mud Terrain).

Will take time to see about life expectancy but the previous model was good for high mileage so I hope these are as well.
Great grip in wet.

christopher c
christopher c
John
John

am looking to buy dueler D697 275/70.r16 for my 100 series will be towing caravan has any one got an oppion on these tyres will be doing some off road travelling J.W.

See all Bridgestone Dueler A/T 697 reviews