Bridgestone Dueler A/T 697

• Durability
  • Dry Weather Handling
pollockpg

pollockpgRichmond-Tweed, NSW

very dangerous in the wet very disappointing

these tyres are just over 2 years old have done 45000 klm and for the last year have let go whilst turning corners in the wet , I spoke to Bridgestone and they told me there had been no negative reports but I can speak from experience these AT Dueler tyres are just dangerous.
I am now 74 years old and although these tyres are nor worn out as they just passed rego in NSW I am replacing them with Cooper AT3LT
All-Terrain

Purchased in February 2018 at Mycar (Kmart Tyre & Auto Service) for A$1,020.00.

Tyre Mileage43,000 km
Off-Roading FrequencyWeekly
SteveC1958

SteveC1958South East Queensland, QLD

Terrible on a Pajero

Have an NT V6 Pajero with these on it. Don't do it to yourself people. They howl like a beaten dog and are so slippery I am looking to replace them even though they are only 40% worn. Rubbish tyre.

Tyre Mileage10,000 km
Car ModelMitsubishi Pajero NT
Tyre Pressure Used40 PSI
Off-Roading FrequencyYearly

ABSOLUTE RUBBISH

Purchased these tyres 2-3 months ago which I have done one rotation so far had one puncture,tyres are are 9000kz into there life and sad to say I'd be lucky if I get 20000kz from them.they were so highly recommend was why I thought I'd give them a try,I drive about 200km a day on windy tarmac roads and about 20% of those roads are metals off road tracks.the wear quality is absolutely rubbish and I have never had any other A/T tyre fail as bad as these ones have.the ride quality and traction is awesome,but these most definitely do not stand up to my daily driving needs.i will not be buying another set of these for my 2017 hilux.

Purchased in July 2019.

Tyre Mileage9,000 km
Car ModelToyota HiLux MK8.I
Tyre Pressure Used40 PSI
Off-Roading FrequencyDaily

galahs

galahsKatherine, NT

Weak Sidewalls

I have had two sidewall punctures on my brand new 225/60R17 A/T 697.
Both were on corrugated but easy tracks. One the main dirt road at Litchfield, the other the dirt road into the Bungle Bungles. Tyres were run at 30psi so nothing extreme.
In this size they are not light truck tyres so don't have the extra sidewall ply's.
I am very disappointed they have lasted less than 3,000kms.

Purchased in January 2019 at Bridgestone Select for A$250.00.

Tyre Mileage3,000 km
Car ModelHolden Adventra VZ
Tyre Pressure Used30 PSI
Off-Roading FrequencyWeekly
Dean

DeanNorthern NSW

110,000 kms out of one set, but then the shakes in the new set.

CarMitsubishi Triton MN (2005 and 2015) 4wd Manual
josh

joshSydney Surrounds, NSW

Whole car shakes at 110klm

I have had these tyres for 500klm, they are out of round and cause the whole vehicle to vibrate, they have been balanced now 6 times and are unusable. Never again. I have contacted Jax and was give the usual crap that i need to contact bridgestone and bridgestone want me to drive over one hour one way for them to balance and inspect, looks like anything to get out of a warranty claim.

CarMQ triton
Zorro

Zorro

Not for off road use

I bought these tyres after reading other reviews, what a disappointment. Had them for just over a year now and have had 3 side wall punchers, one from a rock, two from sticks. In the previous 30 years I have had only 1 puncher doing the same sort of driving. If all your going to do is road driving then they are probably ok but if you plan on doing dirt tracks/off road driving choose something else.

Car200 Series Landcruiser

Car2012 Toyota Prado

Jason

JasonSouth Australia, 5113

Noisier then M/T tyres.

Unbearable noise on our vehicle. We replaced in under 12 months because noise was horrible.
Always had comments from passengers thinking they were cheap nasty tyres based on the noise.

This is coming from a larger 4wd owner and the MT tyres I run are quieter (BFG).

bought bridgestone again but went HT and although better they are still noisy compared to a cooper CS4 we've also used

CarNissan X-trail

Out of round and shaking car at 90/kmh

Bought 4 Duellers 265 /70/16 on 07/2015. They made the car shake, after 8 wheel balances and 2 wheel alignment Bridgestone on 02/2016 replaced all 4 with supposedly good tyres, car still was shaking , did suspension replacement. 06 /2017. Have 2 written reports from different tyre shops saying tyres are faulty, taking Bridgestone to small claims tribunal.

Car2000 Nissan Patrol
Asha Mary Mathew

Asha Mary MathewAU

Careless service

After the wheel alignment they always taken 2 wheels nuts bush . When i asked they are saying 2 bush is enough to hold wheel cup and they thrown in to the bin. Bush is not costly but it shows quality of service. Bridgestone giving franchise to all service sation without minimum standard.

CarHonda
Paul M

Paul Mtraveller

Waste of money

After using the 693's for years I decided to try the 697's on my 2010 Ranger, am at 24000 k's now and I'll be lucky to get to 30000, after averaging 60-70000 with the others I certainly will not bother with the 697's again which is a shame because they handled quite well and have been very quiet the whole time

Car2010 PK Ranger
Joem

JoemHamilton, NZ

poor wet performance

I had very bad driving experience on wet road, fish tailing, cant controll, every one in the car get scared. I had Goodyear Efficient grip SUV tires earlier and they were much better to drive. Never again buy Dueler 697. Not worried about noice if they perform well for a safe drive.

Car2010 MMC Pajero

Worst tyre I have ever encounted

Went with the 697's after doing some homework but after 40 thou k's and after doing a rotation every 5,000 k at a small cost of $35 to $40 which now added the price of another tyre they will be flat out doing another 10 thou. I can say I am disgusted and would not buy another 697, I'm going back to BF's, far better tyre and cheaper, I paid $305 for the 697's, bad call.

CarAmarok

Money Wasted

Money Wastedsomewhere in the world of regret

Noisy & Terrible on all surfaces

CarToyota
Greg. F

Greg. FSouth East Queensland, QLD

Tyres out of round

Purchased a set of 267/75/16 LT 697s drove out of Bridgestone tyre dealer the steering was going all over the place took it back for another wheel balance after that it was no different they eventually replaced two tyres .they said everything was right . Drove away again down highway around 90ks it started to shake again . So they replaced the other tyres so there is obviously a problem with some 697s

Ken Y

Ken YBunbury

To noisy

I have Dueler HL 235/60 R17 102H 683. The noise is worse than a collapse bearing. Never again. The dealer is not interested and the mechanic says no bearing problems. Done 18000k but have to go

andrew

andrewGoulburn Valley, VIC

7000,ks aint worth a pinch

Put a new set on for a trip along the plenty highway,7000 ks later the tyre had a10 cm long crack in the shoulder.bridgestone rejected any claim .very disappointed.bridgestone claim the tyre is made to take on the great outdoors.its better suited to driving driving on fairyfloss.don,t believe bridgestone,s hype

No warrenty service