Bridgestone Dueler A/T 697

Bridgestone Dueler A/T 697

See the Best 4WD Tyres in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Bridgestone? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Off-Roading Frequency
  • Wet Weather Handling
  • Durability
  • Dry Weather Handling

Dangerous

Recently bought a suzuki 4x4 with a pair of these on the rear with lots of tread left on them(I'd guess maybe 20000km left) never noticed an issue with them until it rained (about a week after i bought the car) and I lost traction at the back on a straight road, assuming I'd hit an oily patch I carried on my journey after reassuring the kids that all was ok, a little further along the journey and the same again, and again drifting round a roundabout at low speed, I cannot believe these are allowed to be classed as road tyres, would never touch this brand again.

Wayne
WayneBrisbane

Dangerous in the wet

These tyres are just s..tful in the wet. Did not have them on long before I found I was getting little to no traction turning at traffic lights and just in general. I had to travel about 20km/h around 90 degree turns in the wet and not under power or the back of my ute would start to break traction. Ok in the dry and on the beach. I am only reaching about 50 percent wear and they are coming off. I don't like the wet weather lack of handling on these things.

Purchased in May 2019 at Costco.

Josh
JoshSouth East Queensland, QLD

No good in the wet !

These are becoming very dangerous as they wear down. A simple slow speed at a round a bout is causing the front wheels to under steer. Zero traction what so ever in the wet, even at very slow speeds. Drives ok in the dry and solid off road. Bit noisy but expected. The wet weather on a 50% tread is worrying...

Purchased in September 2020.

pollockpg
pollockpgRichmond-Tweed, NSW

very dangerous in the wet very disappointing

these tyres are just over 2 years old have done 45000 klm and for the last year have let go whilst turning corners in the wet , I spoke to Bridgestone and they told me there had been no negative reports but I can speak from experience these AT Dueler tyres are just dangerous.
I am now 74 years old and although these tyres are nor worn out as they just passed rego in NSW I am replacing them with Cooper AT3LT
All-Terrain

Purchased in February 2018 at Mycar (Kmart Tyre & Auto Service) for $1,020.00.

Worn out at 30,000km

30,000km and worn out, so not wearing any better than 2wd road tyres under the same conditions. Have been good for punctures on gravel roads. Ok for noise but seriously, they should handle at least 40,000km.

Purchased in November 2019.

leisa hillbrick
leisa hillbrick

Would never buy these again

had these on my 2016 pajero when bought my car thought we would replace them with the same tyres worst decision we made, worst milage for tyres not even 20,000 kms and completely worn and are dangerous in wet conditions, i live rural and travel gravel roads and they have terrible traction would never buy them again are now replacing with a better quality tyre!

Purchased in June 2019.

Leo
LeoSydney, NSW

Good but Dangerous on wet roads..

Purchased in October 2019 at Bridgestone Select for $600.00.

CamG
CamGPerth, WA

Not so impressive

If you want to do any sort of real off-road driving I wouldn't recommend these tyres. Also pretty terrible in wet weather, very slippery. If you want a road tyre that still performs on the beach, these are the tyres for you, anyone else should avoid them. They are also a very noisy tyre considering they aren't an aggressive pattern.

Purchased in January 2017 for $250.00.

SteveC1958
SteveC1958South East Queensland, QLD

Terrible on a Pajero

Have an NT V6 Pajero with these on it. Don't do it to yourself people. They howl like a beaten dog and are so slippery I am looking to replace them even though they are only 40% worn. Rubbish tyre.

Noise Level

Paul
PaulNorth Queensland, QLD

Good mileage that’s all

Had these on the Ute from new had to be replaced at 5000 km as they were out of round causing horrible vibration through vehicle. Noisy but good mileage overall only reason for 2 .stars

Purchased in June 2017.

ABSOLUTE RUBBISH

Purchased these tyres 2-3 months ago which I have done one rotation so far had one puncture,tyres are are 9000kz into there life and sad to say I'd be lucky if I get 20000kz from them.they were so highly recommend was why I thought I'd give them a try,I drive about 200km a day on windy tarmac roads and about 20% of those roads are metals off road tracks.the wear quality is absolutely rubbish and I have never had any other A/T tyre fail as bad as these ones have.the ride quality and traction is awesome,but these most definitely do not stand up to my daily driving needs.i will not be buying another set of these for my 2017 hilux.

Purchased in July 2019.

galahs
galahsKatherine, NT

Weak Sidewalls

I have had two sidewall punctures on my brand new 225/60R17 A/T 697.
Both were on corrugated but easy tracks. One the main dirt road at Litchfield, the other the dirt road into the Bungle Bungles. Tyres were run at 30psi so nothing extreme.
In this size they are not light truck tyres so don't have the extra sidewall ply's.
I am very disappointed they have lasted less than 3,000kms.

Purchased in January 2019 at Bridgestone Select for $250.00.

John. O
John. OWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Price is good, product hopeless.

I purchased my set of 5 tyres 11000 km ago. They have been rotated once in this time. I have been on road the whole time until yesterday. First time offroad tore a sidewall out of one tyre on a stick, replaced it with the spare. Got home ok but this morning anorher tyre dead flat on the car. I bought these based on the false claims made in there current add. Never again!

Purchased in January 2019.

Ian S
Ian SNorth Queensland, QLD

Second set but not happy

Purchased in May 2016 for $1,050.00.

Dean
DeanNorthern NSW

110,000 kms out of one set, but then the shakes in the new set.

CarMitsubishi Triton MN (2005 and 2015) 4wd Manual