Bridgestone Dueler A/T 697

• Dry Weather Handling
timberau

timberauBrisbane

They're OK, however not as good as Pirelli Scorpion or Hankook Dynapro

Got a new set in the Black Friday sales from JAX. Previous tyres were Pirelli Scorpion ATRs. First impression - a bit noiser on sealed roads, and a bit more sidewall flex. Expected that, as they look a bit more "aggressive". However this didn't translate to better off road. Unlike last time with the Pirellis, at 17PSI I needed to air down further + trax to get out of (bone dry) Ngala Rocks.
And they aren't really LTs - the competitors mentioned above have higher load indexes for the same size.
Bit of buyer's remorse to be honest.
Did only pay $254 each fitted for LT275/65R17 - so it's safe to say I got my money's worth, no more.

Purchased in November 2019 at JAX Tyres for A$254.00.

Noise Level
Tyre Mileage3,500 km
Tyre Pressure Used40 PSI
Off-Roading FrequencyMonthly
Functionality
Dry Weather Handling

OK Tyre

I have had these tyres for a while and hey have been good, No issues to date and wearing well. I am hoping to go off road soon and will sure get the feel form there. So Far so good so will keep an eye on them and hopefully get good mileage. I looked at https://www.tyrereview.com.au/reviews but the font have Bridgestone.. weird.

CarNissan
Pistol

PistolAdelaide

Poor wear and noisy

I am onto my 3rd set of these tyres on my 2003 Prado. I got 70K kms from each of the last 2 sets. This set only gave me 38K kms and need replacing already. I am now finding them noisy from left rear, tought was a wheel bearing until reading here. Very disappointed now.

CarToyota Landcruiser Prado
4WD Tyres

Find out how Bridgestone Dueler A/T 697 compares to other 4WD Tyres

Stacey

Stacey

Good long lasting tyres

Yes they are tyres durable. they impact really good on my commodore Ute because when I curry heavy stuff the tyres will hold they don't go flat quickly and they last a while. if you look after them they will last heaps long. go find some and try them. travels long distance good too

CarHolden Ute
Emma L

Emma LMelbourne

Decent buy!

Tyres were due to be replace of my old car. The dealer recommended these tyres - was a bit skeptical but glad I purchased them. Not too expensive either. Planning to buy the same for my second car end of the year. Would recommend the tyres for people on tight budgets

Car2015 Nissan
Mouse

MouseAdelaide

Fire Stone's last longest

These are good but I think Firestone's last longest if you never go off road or go racing an are just use your car for work or shopping an general driving around the cbd a metropolitan area Firestone's are the best way to save money they are the hardest compound tyres bridgestone's sell for large family car's

CarLarge family car

WallySouthern and Hills, SA

Nice ride but poor wear

I have had these on my Colorado ute for 35000kms. They give a nice soft ride and handle well but judging by the state of wear will probably only get about 45000 kms out of them. At least 90% of the driving has been lightly loaded on bitumen so I would have expected more

Car2015 Colorado
Wally

Follow up to previous comment. Am replacing two at 45000 kms but wear of those accelerated by poor wheel alignment. But will need to replace other two at 50000 anyway.

Have replaced with Toyo A/T 11s

Michael

MichaelBundaberg

OK, but not the best

Tyres are ok as a tyre, 55,000km later they are at the legal bar, completely worn out.
Advised by dealer should get minimum 75-80,000km but got no were near!!
They did wear evenly but did not last at all!
Definitely not getting again, had better run from cheaper Maxxis ones, going to try Cooper's, have a lot of good reviews.

Car2014 Amarok
battunga

battungaFar North Queensland, QLD

Long life tyre 205/70/15

I have had these on the Forester for over 4 years, done 70000km on them, which is the best I have had from any tyre so far on this car. As they became more worn they were noisier, but not too bad. Unfortunately with the long life there was the disadvantage of poor road holding on wet roads, have to be very careful not to slide on the winding hilly roads.

Car1999 Subaru Forester
4WD Tyres

Find out how Bridgestone Dueler A/T 697 compares to other 4WD Tyres

good to start

These tyres were quiet, comfortable and looked good to start off with now they are half worn they are as noisey as muddys only done roughly 40,000km. We're good in the snow when new and ride well on the beach. hankook dynapros have very good reviews for a similar price. 265/70/17

Car2011 challenger

265/70/16R, Decent tyre, not great

Car2006 Mitsubishi Triton ML

My 2013 Nissan Navara 4x4 Duel Cab came with Bridgestone Dueller A/T 265/70R16 112S 693

CarNissan Navara ST-R 2.5 Dual Cab

30K and worn down

Replaced my HT 265/65R17 which did 79K on road and dirt with D697 Dueller. 30K later and looking at another set of tyres. Did not change driving habits, but tyres on rear of Pajero down to 2mm mark!!. And the noise is bad. No noise when new, but turning up the radio helps when I drive now. Disappointing, as they look good and fill me with confidence out there in Oz.

Noise from tyres unreal