Bridgestone Dueler A/T 697

Bridgestone Dueler A/T 697 (page 4 of 5)

See the Best 4WD Tyres in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Bridgestone? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Off-Roading Frequency
  • Wet Weather Handling
  • Durability
  • Dry Weather Handling

Dan C
Dan CNowra

Outlast and outclass the rest

CarToyota Hilux
Mike
MikeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great tyres for the price

Bought a set of 245/65x17 AT to fit my MN Triton in July 2016. I have just completed 10000 kms and have been extremely happy with the handling and ride. I have been on various surfaces and have found the tyres quite capable. Majority of the travel has been towing a 2500kg caravan and the wear has been minimal. I have completed the 2 free maintenance checks and have had the tyres rotated as required.

Car2012 MN Triton Dual cab GLX-r

Numb Thumbs
Numb ThumbsMelbourne

An excellent touring tyre

I am now on my third set of these tyres on my 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee - LT265/60R18. I am averaging 50,000 kms from a set - and I change my tyres early, not late.
I do a lot of outback touring type driving - for example Melbourne/Cairns/Savannah Way/Lawn Hill/Borrooloola/Katherine/Kakadu/Kununurra/Gibb River Road/Cape Levique/Halls Creek/Tanami Road/Alice Springs/Chambers Pillar/Oodnadatta Track/Melbourne, 17000 kms in 12 weeks.
These tyres do a great job and have proven very strong and reliable. I keep coming back to them.

Car2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with air suspension

Really good

Had these on my Amarok for 100,000km now and still going, I do a lot of highway driving sometimes with a trailer and these tyres performed perfectly on road, very quiet up until 50,000-60,000. Done a bit of off-roaring and I found the grip to work very well on rock,gravel and sand and no chunking.

Car2013 Amarok

limbert
limbertAU

A/T 697 - Incredibly good milage for a 4 x 4 tyre

I fitted the A/T 697 (LT245/70R16) Dueler's to the ute in 2012. Most of their life has been on bitumen and about 40,000K towing a 1850kg caravan.
They have performed faultlessly, presently up to 90,000km, probably about 4mm above the tread wear markers, I reckon I could get 100,000km if I pushed it but I have decided to replace them shortly - (with the same type!!)
If you are looking for a "high mileage" 4 x 4 tyre, I would highly recommend them. I have never achieved anywhere near that type of mileage from any other brand of 4 x 4 tyre in the past.

Car2010 Mazda BT-50 twin cab ute

Dueller AT 697 LT on Nissan navara V6

Tyres are 4 years old, done 70k kms now need replacing
The navara came out of the show room with road tyres which I immediately changed for the 697 LTs in size 265 65 R17 used 70% on road and rest off road. Off road included Qld telegraph track, Byfield national park outback NSW etc etc
The tyres performed well generally but difficult in extreme conditions as climbing rutted sand dunes, managed heavy mud around subsiding lakes
Pretty good tyres with low noise on the road, needs care on loose gravel.
Overall as a general purpose tyre I have rated it as excellent and looking to replace with same

CarNavara V6 STX 550

good to start

These tyres were quiet, comfortable and looked good to start off with now they are half worn they are as noisey as muddys only done roughly 40,000km. We're good in the snow when new and ride well on the beach. hankook dynapros have very good reviews for a similar price. 265/70/17

Car2011 challenger
Bits and Bobs
Bits and Bobs

Lethal in the wet

After a year or so the 697s compound hardened and lost grip on bitumen under dew, light or heavy rain regardless of front or rear wheels, light or heavy load. 40klm 4 wheel skids, loss of directional control on roundabouts at low speed. I replaced them with 70% remaining tread.

Car2011 Holden Colorado

Willshell
WillshellBrisbane

Awesome, long lasting.

These tyres are great. They are great for road driving, while being extremely grippy for the off road stuff. I can honestly say I've never been stuck using these tyres, and I'm often going on the beach etc They drive well on the road & are very safe in the wet - even when there is nothing in the back end of the ute, I've always got plenty of traction. Quality rubber!

CarNissan Navara

Steeleydan7
Steeleydan7

Good reliable tyre good value compared with the C brand.

CarLandcruiser Wagon, F250 4WD Ranger, Nissan X trail.

Very good tyres

Desert Dueller A/T 697 Lt 16inch on Triton MN performed faultlessly 90 000 km combined driving bitumen , dirt road mud, sand on a few trips on Cape York Kakadu Snowies etc.
and still reasonable tread on them. Not single puncture, performed in wet weather without any problem and in deeper mud were ok too

CarMitsubishi Triton MN 2010

Other 4WD Tyres

excellent tyre if used properly

Car2000 pajero

265/70/16R, Decent tyre, not great

Car2006 Mitsubishi Triton ML

My 2013 Nissan Navara 4x4 Duel Cab came with Bridgestone Dueller A/T 265/70R16 112S 693

CarNissan Navara ST-R 2.5 Dual Cab

CarMitsubishi Challenger
Thomas
ThomasGoulburn Valley, VIC

Excellent quality tyre

i had these fitted to my brand new Holden Colorado 7 to get away from the standard highway tread they come with, we've done 1870klms since they've been fitted on combination of highway and off-road environment, I have encountered any tyre noise that others on here speak of nor and bad slippage on the highway work, they make no more noise then the Bridgestone dueller HT that we removed, they perform great on loose gravel and sand, not so great in the mud though but at the end of the day there not mud terrain tyres. I'm starting to think that all the problems others have experienced are more vehicle specific than tyre specific as I can't fault them.

Car2015 Holden Colorado 7 LTZ
Dunk
DunkGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

like driving on ice

what a woefull tyre horrid in the wet below par off road they scallop even though l am running recomended pressure 40psi by bridgestone rotating every 5000kms have only done 20,000 kms they are 3/4 worn Bridgestone my advice to you dont waste your money they only make brillant passenger car tyres and Truck tyres but as for 4x4 forget it they are absolute rubbish NEVER AGAIN.

CarNW Pajero 2012
Ted Nguyen
Ted Nguyen

Great Tyre

I have purchased 2 on recommendation from Bridgestone due to extra thick thread and it's doing great mileage so far. I do mostly on road so tyres feel soft against bitumen. I expect some noise from it because it is an off road tyre so no complaints there compared to other off road tyres. It's done about 12,000kms and thread is about 75% left so that's pretty good. The Kluger is a full size suv and we carry our kids and their friends everywhere so it carries a lot of weight around. I have the tyres rotated as part of the vehicle service so it doesn't cost me anything extra. Overall I'm very happy with them and is considering purchasing another 2 as the originals (Dunlop St30) on the rear are getting to the end of their life.

CarToyota Kluger
Paul
PaulSydney

Sure footed

After much research I decided replace my highway tyres with the A/T 697s. I have only been off road a few times with them but I have found them sure footed both over rocks and wet trails. I feel happier over rocks with these being LTs and very happy with the low noise on motorways. All I can say is........... I'm glad I did my research.

pnx
pnx

Soft comfy and grips really well BUT...

As it wears down it is NOISY AS HELL! if we talk about grips in wet and dry it is pretty good. Very soft rubber makes the ride more comfy too.

But he noise it generates as it wears down is down right HORRIBLE!!!

30K and worn down

Replaced my HT 265/65R17 which did 79K on road and dirt with D697 Dueller. 30K later and looking at another set of tyres. Did not change driving habits, but tyres on rear of Pajero down to 2mm mark!!. And the noise is bad. No noise when new, but turning up the radio helps when I drive now. Disappointing, as they look good and fill me with confidence out there in Oz.

Sandy
SandyCamira

Noise unbearable and worrying

I am so glad to have read the review above, with regard to the noise. The noise has been driving me mad also. I have gone through the same thoughts and actions as the reviewer on 7 January 2015. My anxiety levels whilst on a long trip, without support during towns, was very worrisome. Though I only need two new tyres, I will change all now (to a new brand), just to relieve the anxiety associated with the noise.

About to buy my 3 set of A/T D697LTs

I do about 60%road, 30% sand and 10% in the bush. I don't find them noisy at all and my first set lasted 101000ks and the set on now is about to tick over 90000ks. They are still about 1mm off the wear bar so I could still get more ks out of them but we are looking at heading south fishing and I want the new ones on before we tack off. I rotate them every 10000ks and re balance them every 40000ks. Tyre pressure is also the key to longer lasting tyres.

Dannyjim
DannyjimMelbourne

Dmax on LT255-65-R17

Stock tyre size, but I wanted the LT construction. Done 25K on them so far, serious off road a couple of times, lots of gravel tracks and towing as well. No mud tyre, but honest off road in the bogs, just pick your lines! Wear has been great, noise is non existent, bitumen is same as stock HT's but better in wet. Looking at 80+k out of these boots. Happy days, will buy again.