Bridgestone Dueler A/T 697

Bridgestone Dueler A/T 697 (page 4 of 4)

See the Best 4WD Tyres in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Bridgestone

• Off-Roading Frequency
  • Wet Weather Handling
  • Durability
  • Dry Weather Handling

excellent tyre if used properly

Car2000 pajero

265/70/16R, Decent tyre, not great

Car2006 Mitsubishi Triton ML

Other 4WD Tyres

My 2013 Nissan Navara 4x4 Duel Cab came with Bridgestone Dueller A/T 265/70R16 112S 693

CarNissan Navara ST-R 2.5 Dual Cab

CarMitsubishi Challenger
Thomas
ThomasGoulburn Valley, VIC

Excellent quality tyre

i had these fitted to my brand new Holden Colorado 7 to get away from the standard highway tread they come with, we've done 1870klms since they've been fitted on combination of highway and off-road environment, I have encountered any tyre noise that others on here speak of nor and bad slippage on the highway work, they make no more noise then the Bridgestone dueller HT that we removed, they perform great on loose gravel and sand, not so great in the mud though but at the end of the day there not mud terrain tyres. I'm starting to think that all the problems others have experienced are more vehicle specific than tyre specific as I can't fault them.

Car2015 Holden Colorado 7 LTZ
Ted Nguyen
Ted Nguyen

Great Tyre

I have purchased 2 on recommendation from Bridgestone due to extra thick thread and it's doing great mileage so far. I do mostly on road so tyres feel soft against bitumen. I expect some noise from it because it is an off road tyre so no complaints there compared to other off road tyres. It's done about 12,000kms and thread is about 75% left so that's pretty good. The Kluger is a full size suv and we carry our kids and their friends everywhere so it carries a lot of weight around. I have the tyres rotated as part of the vehicle service so it doesn't cost me anything extra. Overall I'm very happy with them and is considering purchasing another 2 as the originals (Dunlop St30) on the rear are getting to the end of their life.

CarToyota Kluger
Paul
PaulSydney

Sure footed

After much research I decided replace my highway tyres with the A/T 697s. I have only been off road a few times with them but I have found them sure footed both over rocks and wet trails. I feel happier over rocks with these being LTs and very happy with the low noise on motorways. All I can say is........... I'm glad I did my research.

30K and worn down

Replaced my HT 265/65R17 which did 79K on road and dirt with D697 Dueller. 30K later and looking at another set of tyres. Did not change driving habits, but tyres on rear of Pajero down to 2mm mark!!. And the noise is bad. No noise when new, but turning up the radio helps when I drive now. Disappointing, as they look good and fill me with confidence out there in Oz.

About to buy my 3 set of A/T D697LTs

I do about 60%road, 30% sand and 10% in the bush. I don't find them noisy at all and my first set lasted 101000ks and the set on now is about to tick over 90000ks. They are still about 1mm off the wear bar so I could still get more ks out of them but we are looking at heading south fishing and I want the new ones on before we tack off. I rotate them every 10000ks and re balance them every 40000ks. Tyre pressure is also the key to longer lasting tyres.

Dannyjim
DannyjimMelbourne

Dmax on LT255-65-R17

Stock tyre size, but I wanted the LT construction. Done 25K on them so far, serious off road a couple of times, lots of gravel tracks and towing as well. No mud tyre, but honest off road in the bogs, just pick your lines! Wear has been great, noise is non existent, bitumen is same as stock HT's but better in wet. Looking at 80+k out of these boots. Happy days, will buy again.

Noise from tyres unreal

Bridgestone A/T 265 65 17

needed new tyres on Prado while in Rockhampton and opted for B/S AT 697 265 65 17 great service @ Bridgestone Dealer had Original Dunlop 120 A/T which had travelled 90.000 . Bridgestone better tyre and cheaper than the same size Dunlops.
No road noise and hold road great on or off the tar in wet or dry.Very stable with van on back. Currently have travelled 15.000klms no sign of wear and the benefit is that all tyre rotations and balances @ Bridgestone Tyre Centres are free. Recommend them.
The service I received at Bridgestone Centre in Rockhampton

great tyre heaps of tread

Put these on my Xtrail after having the original ht's. Man what a difference. Had four punctures on the old set of ht's just way to soft for a car that heavy these are great higher load rating doesn't make the ride any rougher which one tyre man said during my research. Well done Bridgestone you nailed it.
heaps of bite. noisy
nothing yet. Will keep you posted

Guzzi Matt
Guzzi MattSouth East Queensland, QLD

Early days but pleased so far

Barra
Barra

GuzziMatt how are the D697 LT tyres holding up??

06prado
06prado

Fantastic tyre

I was choosing between the coopers and these and went with these for my 2006 Prado based on cooper reviews. I have crossed the nullarbor and all up driven 15000 km so far ( all on road ) and are very happy with them.
These tyres are quiet and smooth and appear to be wearing very well.
I would recommend these to anyone.
Update; after 80,000 ish k's I have replaced these tyres. So happy with them I just replaced with same and again I am happy as a pig in proverbial. They did get a tad noisy after 60/70 thousand, but I won't hold that against them!! Great tyre
Quiet, smooth
Nothing at all

CarLand cruiser Prado
Gulfstream
GulfstreamSydney

Toyota Hilux 265/65R17 A/T Tyres - Australian Designed A/T tyres for Australian Conditions

BRUCE686
BRUCE686

I HAVE D697 BRIDGESTONES LT265/70/16 MADE IN JAPAN ON THE SIDE WALL

Bigjordan
BigjordanAdelaide

Excellent Product

I put these D697's on my 90 Series Prado about 10,000k ago. They have been great. Quiet on road, excellent grip. Being a road based tyre I didn't expect them to be exceptional off road, however they have surprised me. Never had any issues with punctures or sidewalls, and they have more grip than I expected off road. Obviously they don't have the grip of a MT, but they are a happy medium.
Reliable, quiet, good all rounder
Reasonably expensive. Based on wear so far, I think I'll be lucky to get 40-50k out of them. Far from the 80k that coopers and BFG's claim to get.

Rayza
Rayza

Don't believe what Coopers and BFG claim. BFG were good but made in Indo are rubbish. Coopers delaminate and try gettin a claim. You could go to them everyday for inflation and still they will tell you that pressures are wrong

Absolutely stoked.

I looked hard and long at all sorts from Pirelli Scorpion through wrangler tyres and compared everything with everything. It seemed like no one had any info for the the 200 series landcruisers.So yeah looked into it and found that these bad boys were not that bad at $372 ea fitted balanced etc etc. Quiet, strong hold, sounds like the kms are great. Went for it - happy as. I have a work ute, and my wife drives the 200 mostly - she is stoked so yep - happy wife, happy life..
Quiet, strong hold, pattern, subtle appearance
Nothing...I dont believe in sacrificing price having said that - $372 for a 285/65R17 is pretty good in my book...

UPDATE - Here we are 6 months later - 3T down the highway in pouring rain at 100km'ish, not once did they stop cutting through the water, they are great.

A_Nother-Consumer
A_Nother-ConsumerPerth, WA

Sensational tyre at an affordable price.

Bought a pair of the d697's on 16" steel Sunraysia rims and Tough Dog suspension and I have to say I am very impressed with their handling and performance on the tar. Very quiet tyre and very grippy. Heaps of tread and a bit of body roll, but that's to be expected in a 2.2 tonne 4WD. I'm yet to take them offroad, but going by customer reviews I think they'll go ok. I have no hesitation in recommending this tyre to anyone who wants a great safe AT tyre that spends 90% of the time on tar. Highly recommended.
Ride comfort, quiet, inexpensive, heaps of tread.

Have since had the car offroad several times without issue. Very grippy on unsealed roads and great on rocks and sand. Would highly recommend these tyres to anyone looking for a good all-terrain tyre without the hefty price tag. Love them.

Cam G
Cam GSydney

697 LT on Discovery 3

Dan J
Dan J

But i bet your brakes are good!