3.8

72%11%17%

lm
lm2 posts

Never again

Had the tyres two weeks. Passenger front and rear both have splits and eggs in the side wall, was told by tyre power that it was most likely a pot hole, can't remember hitting any though. Bridgestone said they can do that with a pot hole! Tyres can't hold up with and bumps now have to get two replacements at my own cost. I say get a more durable tyre

Corey
CoreyPerth

These tyres wear out way too fast

I brought these tyres for my Maserati, they didn't last 1 year less than 20,000km. Never buy them again. For the cost I would expect to get at least 50,000 km out of them. I don't my car to hard nor do I spin the wheels. I will have to do a lot more home work for my next set.

pjraccoon
pjraccoon

gret grip, very noisy

i changed to these from yokahama c drives because i can't get them any more. the potenzas are great on the road, good grip etc and i drive a lot on windy country roads BUT the noise is nearly unbearable. safety wise they are excellent but not sure i would get them again due the LOUDNESS of them which is unfortunate because i do like them, but i don't want to end up deaf!

Aaron
AaronBrisbane16 posts

Good tyre but it didn't wear well for me

Bought these tyres for my Audi A4. Grip in dry and wet was excellent. No tyre noise evident even now at 44k. Only problem I have with them is that Bridgestone said they have only a short life left. Rep said to get close to 50k with these tyres was excellent? Really! I run the tyre at 48 psi, had wheel alignments, rotations and balance every 10k with Bridgestone. I just believe these tyres should last more than 50k. I might do a little more research now that I need new tyres again.

Hsan
HsanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC13 posts

Great Tyres

These are OE on my WM Caprice V8. I have just fitted my third set at ~90,000km, so averaging 45,000km on them. Very good in the dry and wet. As asymmetric tyres they used to be relatively expensive, however price has come down, particularly at Bob Jane... wait for the 4 for the price of 3 offers.

Andy
Andy

Love These Tyres. Great Choice

Have them on Mazda 6, up to almost 65,000km and still looking ok. When they are replaced I will definitely be using the same tyre again. They are the original tyres that came on the vehicle and have and still do handle great in all different driving conditions. Excellent choice.

Joe Public
Joe PublicSydney, NSW5 posts

Scruffy
ScruffySouth East Queensland, QLD5 posts

Ivan
IvanSydney, NSW2 posts

Potenza are great tyres

I had these on my SAAB Aero, lasted much better and handled just as well as the Pirellis originally on the car. I have had 2 sets on my Holden Statesman, I tow a 2.1 tonne boat trailer, I drive in traffic, I go on winding roads, I drive quickly to the snow...they do everything well. I will use them again.

Jason
JasonCentral, TAS6 posts

SSV Redline - RE050A Great but Noisy

I have a 2014 SSV Redline ute and these RE050A tyres are excellent in all conditions. Very predictable handing and pretty low wear characteristics. My only complaint would be that the RE050A's are really noisy on coarse bitumen surfaces. Maybe a combination of the firmer SSV Redline suspension (FE3) as this wasn't so much of an issue on the previous SSV (FE2) I had.

Noeleter
NoeleterBrisbane43 posts

Great Tyres

These are really excellent tyres. Great grip, quiet and low rolling resistance so add to the economy of the car. They are expensive but I think good value for what they are. Have done 40 000km so far and heaps of tread left. Will be replacing with another set when these eventually wear out.

Dee
DeeMelbourne22 posts

Great handling.. but noisy

These were OEM tyres as fitted to my Volkswagen Scirocco R. Done 30,000k's now and they're almost cooked.
Won't be replacing with the same tyres as although they handle well, they are noisy. Tyre roar on all but the smoothest bitumen is just awful and has steadily increased as the tyres have worn down.
Arnold
ArnoldMaroochy River2 posts

Grips in dry but noisy

These are on my Audi Quatro (2010 155KW model) and grip well in the dry. However, they hydroplane badly with not much water on the road. Also, on this particular car, and rough surfaces, they are very very noisy. I would hope for 50000 km of wear, but I doubt I will see that after doing just over half that distance.
Good dry weather grip
Noisy and hydroplane in the wet
Pedro King
Pedro KingAdelaide

Great tyre

Have a VE ss Sport Wagon got over 40000 K's on the old Potenza's that's with a lot of towing, wheel alignments were out and minimal rotation. Bought a new set on the current by 3 get 4 deal also got them on special at $299 each with the deal only paid for 3 with wheel allignment balancing and fitting cost $930 works out to about $232-$233 a tyre. Bargin!!!

Happy
Happy

82000km

These tyres where OEM fitted to my SS redline 2011 sedan. 3 years and 82000km they are still on my car. I took then to get them replaced and the tyre shop said they are still okay so may get to 85000km They are almost at the end of their life but I will be replacing them with you know what.
Handling, wear
Mmmmmm nothing you get what you pay for.
not happy35
not happy35SYDNEY

O what a nosie

10,000k the noise and vibration on these tyres. Bridgestone customer service said "rotate every 5000k" what a joke, had the same poor tyres on my last new car - same noise same bad performance and the tyre ware.. don't go there. Changed to Michelin - best tyres by far quieter, smoother, handle better and last 30000k longer with no tyre rotation. Going to change ther crappy tyres after 10000k to Michelin. Don't waste your money if you have these on your car, get rid of them while you can trade them in and buy good tyres.

noise and quick wearing

Passenger Tyres

Find out how Bridgestone Potenza RE050A compares to other Passenger Tyres

Habidere
HabidereMELBOURNE29 posts

Brilliant

These tyres were fitted to a Mazda6 wagon from new and have done 45K. Apart from being a touch noisy, the ride and grip in all conditions has been excellent. I have looked at other brands but will stay with these tyres as I know exactly what I am getting for my $280 a piece.

Replacement cost

Jeff1722
Jeff1722Sydney, NSW4 posts

Great tyre

I have an XR5 and did a bit of research on these and was pretty happy from global feedback. Had these fitted x 4 yesterday changing over from Goodyear Excellence and felt an overall improvement. Got a great deal from Blairs Tyres in Cabramatta @ $260.00 for each fitted and balanced. Tyre size was 225/40/18. They had to be ordered but only took about half a day to bring in.
Great overall tyre
Paul St
Paul StAU3 posts

Never put anything else on my car again

I have a VE Calais V which we had a set of KUHMO's on and the handling was like driving a Datsun 180. The car constantly handled as if driving on under inflated tyres. After outlaying the cost for putting new Potenza RE05A tyres back on we have never looked back. The handling is second to none and it corners like nothing you would believe. We live in the tropic where the wet season brings fear into every driver with the glaze of oil on the round abouts when the rains first hit. Well that was till we put the Bridgestones on, she sticks to the road like glue!
Handling, wet road surity and confidence !
Cost but you get what you pay for. However, initial price was $490 each got then for $387 each.  Show reply
jimmy1978
jimmy19784 posts

OK

My SS V Commodore came with them in 245 / 40 R 19 and the cost to replace one came to 500 dollars.

This did make me feel a bit ill but when you consider the performance they give you can't put a price on that.

I would rate them a 5 but given the cost I would have to say 3.
Grip in wet and dry conditions.
The cost per tyre.

Kieran
KieranPeel, WA6 posts

Have grip in spades but you pay through the nose for it

Excellent grip and braking performance in wet and dry conditions. Rating 4/5

Driving comfort: 3/5

Noise Level: 3.5/5

Tyre wear: 3/5

Have done 26,000km and they are nearly worn out.

Cost to replace them is a joke. With the $AUD at record highs these tyres should be at least 35% less than what they are asking. Seems some tyre companies don't mind price gouging Australians.

I'll be replacing them with Falken ZE912s or Sumitomo HTR ZIIIs which are much more reasonably priced.

Blade38
Blade38

I have used both of the tyres, the RE050A and the ZE912s; would not fit the latter. A better substitute for the RE050A would be the ZE452's which I have on the rear of my VE Clubsport.

Invisigoth
InvisigothAU2 posts

Great tyres if not ridiculously priced

Excellent grip in dry and wet conditions.

I've had Potenza RE030s on my other car and their wet grip is like hell but the RE050s are heaps better. They are the OEM tyres on my wife's Subaru, which has been driven as a family car and we've managed to get about 80,000km out of them. It's a shame Bridgestone no longer makes them but we are lucky to get a set for $320 each from Jax at clearance rate.

Now my everyday drive has Michelin Pilot Sport 2 on them I'd opt for the Michelin if they are priced very closely. Mihelins PS2 are more comfortable and quiter.
Excellent grip in both dry and wet
Expensive?

BFrench
BFrench

Extremly good cabable tyre. I have used these on all types of roads without fail although I havnt done dirt roads on them as that would be silly seing as they are on my SSV. I would recomend this tyre to anyone who has a performance/sport luxury vehical and they cant be too bad if they come as standard equipment on high end holdens/HSV cars. I woulnd recomend these to someone with a "normal" car as the replacment value is right up there past even the best Pirelli tyre in price. I am now on my second set.
Handling is spot on and they have never let me down even on the wet concrete motorways. Managed to get 44,000km out of one set whcih isnt to bad for the type of tyre these are.
The replacement cost is through the roof.
JET_RB25
JET_RB252 posts

Good

Everything about these tyres are great. Grip stability and overall driving feel is great. They do cost a premium but that is to be expected i guess. You get what you pay for and that is very evident in this matter. I personally have not been able to push these tyres to breaking point.

HIghly recommend them to anyone that wants the best out of there cars feet
Everything bar cost to replace them. For a HSV your looking at over 1100 a tyre and that is crazy. But i must say you get what you pay for.
COST.

Greg_Donnell
Greg_Donnell

Good

They were purchased on my new E90 BMW 323i LCI Sport. Very classy looking tyre especially on a sport version with mixed tyres on a saloon. Big footprint at rear and front gives excellent handling and grip in wet and dry conditions. This is my second set (last BMW sport I replaced very noisy continentals with Potenza's), mine are run flats and I have some reservation on replacement or repair if driven with run flat notification.
Very Good looking tyre with mag saver protrusions around the rim edge.
Cost to replace and there is some doubt they can be repaired if driven as a run flat to a repair depot as no guarantee can be given on how far or how fast you have travelled when flat.