Bridgestone Potenza RE050A

Bridgestone Potenza RE050A (page 2 of 2)

• Wet Weather Handling
  • Durability
  • Dry Weather Handling
Pedro King

Pedro KingAdelaide

Great tyre

Have a VE ss Sport Wagon got over 40000 K's on the old Potenza's that's with a lot of towing, wheel alignments were out and minimal rotation. Bought a new set on the current by 3 get 4 deal also got them on special at $299 each with the deal only paid for 3 with wheel allignment balancing and fitting cost $930 works out to about $232-$233 a tyre. Bargin!!!

82000km

These tyres where OEM fitted to my SS redline 2011 sedan. 3 years and 82000km they are still on my car. I took then to get them replaced and the tyre shop said they are still okay so may get to 85000km They are almost at the end of their life but I will be replacing them with you know what.
Handling, wear
Mmmmmm nothing you get what you pay for.

Habidere

HabidereMELBOURNE

Brilliant

These tyres were fitted to a Mazda6 wagon from new and have done 45K. Apart from being a touch noisy, the ride and grip in all conditions has been excellent. I have looked at other brands but will stay with these tyres as I know exactly what I am getting for my $280 a piece.

Replacement cost

Passenger Tyres

Find out how Bridgestone Potenza RE050A compares to other Passenger Tyres

Jeff1722

Jeff1722AU

Great tyre

I have an XR5 and did a bit of research on these and was pretty happy from global feedback. Had these fitted x 4 yesterday changing over from Goodyear Excellence and felt an overall improvement. Got a great deal from Blairs Tyres in Cabramatta @ $260.00 for each fitted and balanced. Tyre size was 225/40/18. They had to be ordered but only took about half a day to bring in.
Great overall tyre

Paul St

Paul StAU

Never put anything else on my car again

I have a VE Calais V which we had a set of KUHMO's on and the handling was like driving a Datsun 180. The car constantly handled as if driving on under inflated tyres. After outlaying the cost for putting new Potenza RE05A tyres back on we have never looked back. The handling is second to none and it corners like nothing you would believe. We live in the tropic where the wet season brings fear into every driver with the glaze of oil on the round abouts when the rains first hit. Well that was till we put the Bridgestones on, she sticks to the road like glue!
Handling, wet road surity and confidence !
Cost but you get what you pay for. However, initial price was $490 each got then for $387 each.

Qld driver
Qld driver

Extremly good cabable tyre. I have used these on all types of roads without fail although I havnt done dirt roads on them as that would be silly seing as they are on my SSV. I would recomend this tyre to anyone who has a performance/sport luxury vehical and they cant be too bad if they come as standard equipment on high end holdens/HSV cars. I woulnd recomend these to someone with a "normal" car as the replacment value is right up there past even the best Pirelli tyre in price. I am now on my second set.
Handling is spot on and they have never let me down even on the wet concrete motorways. Managed to get 44,000km out of one set whcih isnt to bad for the type of tyre these are.
The replacement cost is through the roof.

See all Bridgestone Potenza RE050A reviews

Tyrone T.

Tyrone T.asked

I had four Bridgestone RE050A fitted to Ve Commodore SV6, noticed that three of the four wheels had no weights fitted at all is this normal?

Rajat

Rajatasked

Are they good for Honda accord my previous tryres are Bridgestone Eco EP100 225/50/R17 ?

Colin
Colin

Can't help you out there. Best to contact your local Bridgestone specialist.

Yes, they’re great for your Honda Accord - compared with the Bridgestone Eco EPs, when on Potenzas the car will feel like it’s gripping the road with a vengeance - haha.

The difference is that the Eco EPs are a harder compound i.e. they roll better, last longer - but rely on special tread patterns etc. for grip. The Potenzas on the other hand are performance tyres designed for great grip under a variety of circumstances - but because their grip eats up rubber, they wear out faster than Eco EPs. Pumping Potenzas 3-4psi higher than usual can help them last longer the Bridgestone chaps’ll tell you exactly how much pressure to use - I’ve seen people pump’em up to 45psi for Holden Commodores. If your Accord is a 3.5L V6, then around 40psi should do the trick.

Keep in mind that with tyres, it is always a trade-off between grip/performance and high mileage/long life.

If you drive around gently in the city mostly, then consider Michelin Primacy 3 STs or Primacy 4s. They’re a good compromise between performance and mileage. So are the Bridgestone Turanzas and Eco EPs.

However, if you tend to swing your Accord V6 around corners, want good performance in rain and expect braking performance, then the Potenzas are amazing - just use a higher tyre pressure than you would for the others.

I’ve responded late, but hope this’ll be of use to others.

leanne noske

leanne noskeasked

Are these tyres still avaliable and how much are they? ?

Noeleter
Noeleter

Suggest you contact your dealer. Price will depend on size. Not sure whether they have been replaced but dealers seem to be pushing the RE002 instead for a similar price. Just replaced my RE050As with RE002. Ride is a bit harsher, noise levels similar, grip better particularly in wet. Said to also last longer. I guess time will tell.

Dee
Dee

Yes they're still available...... but i wouldn't buy them! Very noisy.

Chris  m
Chris m

I've just put a set on 2 weeks ago .So yes they are available .They are good tyres . A bit expensive ,if you don't drive hard there are cheaper alternatives .Hankook is a very good tyre .I use them on my xw gt cruiser .Hope this helps.

CategoryPassenger Tyres