Bridgestone Potenza RE050A

Bridgestone Potenza RE050A (page 3 of 4)

• Wet Weather Handling
  • Durability
  • Dry Weather Handling
Corey

CoreyPerth

These tyres wear out way too fast.

I brought these tyres for my Maserati, they didn't last 1 year less than 20,000km. Never buy them again. For the cost I would expect to get at least 50,000 km out of them. I don't my car to hard nor do I spin the wheels. I will have to do a lot more home work for my next set.

Car2004 Maserati coupe

gret grip, very noisy

i changed to these from yokahama c drives because i can't get them any more. the potenzas are great on the road, good grip etc and i drive a lot on windy country roads BUT the noise is nearly unbearable. safety wise they are excellent but not sure i would get them again due the LOUDNESS of them which is unfortunate because i do like them, but i don't want to end up deaf!

Car2003 vy holden
Aaron

AaronBrisbane

Good tyre but it didn't wear well for me.

Bought these tyres for my Audi A4. Grip in dry and wet was excellent. No tyre noise evident even now at 44k. Only problem I have with them is that Bridgestone said they have only a short life left. Rep said to get close to 50k with these tyres was excellent? Really! I run the tyre at 48 psi, had wheel alignments, rotations and balance every 10k with Bridgestone. I just believe these tyres should last more than 50k. I might do a little more research now that I need new tyres again.

CarAudi A4

Hsan

HsanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great Tyres

These are OE on my WM Caprice V8. I have just fitted my third set at ~90,000km, so averaging 45,000km on them. Very good in the dry and wet. As asymmetric tyres they used to be relatively expensive, however price has come down, particularly at Bob Jane... wait for the 4 for the price of 3 offers.

CarWM Holden Caprice V8

Love These Tyres. Great Choice

Have them on Mazda 6, up to almost 65,000km and still looking ok. When they are replaced I will definitely be using the same tyre again. They are the original tyres that came on the vehicle and have and still do handle great in all different driving conditions. Excellent choice.

CarMazda 6 wagon

Joe PublicSydney, NSW

Great tyre. Beware of the different versions from parallel imports

CarHolden VF Calais
Joe Public

Tempe Tyres were kind enough to trade back the YZ version having travelled 3,500km and supplied me with a FZ version tyre for an extra $70. All up the price was still way under the Bridgestone RRP.

Scruffy

ScruffySouth East Queensland, QLD

Car2007 Holden VE SV6 sedan
Ivan

IvanSydney, NSW

Potenza are great tyres

I had these on my SAAB Aero, lasted much better and handled just as well as the Pirellis originally on the car. I have had 2 sets on my Holden Statesman, I tow a 2.1 tonne boat trailer, I drive in traffic, I go on winding roads, I drive quickly to the snow...they do everything well. I will use them again.

Car1993 SAAB, 2002 Statesman
Jason

JasonCentral, TAS

SSV Redline - RE050A Great but Noisy

I have a 2014 SSV Redline ute and these RE050A tyres are excellent in all conditions. Very predictable handing and pretty low wear characteristics. My only complaint would be that the RE050A's are really noisy on coarse bitumen surfaces. Maybe a combination of the firmer SSV Redline suspension (FE3) as this wasn't so much of an issue on the previous SSV (FE2) I had.

NoeleterBrisbane

Great Tyres

These are really excellent tyres. Great grip, quiet and low rolling resistance so add to the economy of the car. They are expensive but I think good value for what they are. Have done 40 000km so far and heaps of tread left. Will be replacing with another set when these eventually wear out.

DeeMelbourne

Great handling.. but noisy

These were OEM tyres as fitted to my Volkswagen Scirocco R. Done 30,000k's now and they're almost cooked.
Won't be replacing with the same tyres as although they handle well, they are noisy. Tyre roar on all but the smoothest bitumen is just awful and has steadily increased as the tyres have worn down.

Arnold

ArnoldMaroochy River

Grips in dry but noisy

These are on my Audi Quatro (2010 155KW model) and grip well in the dry. However, they hydroplane badly with not much water on the road. Also, on this particular car, and rough surfaces, they are very very noisy. I would hope for 50000 km of wear, but I doubt I will see that after doing just over half that distance.
Good dry weather grip
Noisy and hydroplane in the wet

Pedro King

Pedro KingAdelaide

Great tyre

Have a VE ss Sport Wagon got over 40000 K's on the old Potenza's that's with a lot of towing, wheel alignments were out and minimal rotation. Bought a new set on the current by 3 get 4 deal also got them on special at $299 each with the deal only paid for 3 with wheel allignment balancing and fitting cost $930 works out to about $232-$233 a tyre. Bargin!!!

82000km

These tyres where OEM fitted to my SS redline 2011 sedan. 3 years and 82000km they are still on my car. I took then to get them replaced and the tyre shop said they are still okay so may get to 85000km They are almost at the end of their life but I will be replacing them with you know what.
Handling, wear
Mmmmmm nothing you get what you pay for.

O what a nosie

10,000k the noise and vibration on these tyres. Bridgestone customer service said "rotate every 5000k" what a joke, had the same poor tyres on my last new car - same noise same bad performance and the tyre ware.. don't go there. Changed to Michelin - best tyres by far quieter, smoother, handle better and last 30000k longer with no tyre rotation. Going to change ther crappy tyres after 10000k to Michelin. Don't waste your money if you have these on your car, get rid of them while you can trade them in and buy good tyres.

noise and quick wearing

Habidere

HabidereMELBOURNE

Brilliant

These tyres were fitted to a Mazda6 wagon from new and have done 45K. Apart from being a touch noisy, the ride and grip in all conditions has been excellent. I have looked at other brands but will stay with these tyres as I know exactly what I am getting for my $280 a piece.

Replacement cost

Jeff1722

Jeff1722AU

Great tyre

I have an XR5 and did a bit of research on these and was pretty happy from global feedback. Had these fitted x 4 yesterday changing over from Goodyear Excellence and felt an overall improvement. Got a great deal from Blairs Tyres in Cabramatta @ $260.00 for each fitted and balanced. Tyre size was 225/40/18. They had to be ordered but only took about half a day to bring in.
Great overall tyre

Paul St

Paul StAU

Never put anything else on my car again

I have a VE Calais V which we had a set of KUHMO's on and the handling was like driving a Datsun 180. The car constantly handled as if driving on under inflated tyres. After outlaying the cost for putting new Potenza RE05A tyres back on we have never looked back. The handling is second to none and it corners like nothing you would believe. We live in the tropic where the wet season brings fear into every driver with the glaze of oil on the round abouts when the rains first hit. Well that was till we put the Bridgestones on, she sticks to the road like glue!
Handling, wet road surity and confidence !
Cost but you get what you pay for. However, initial price was $490 each got then for $387 each.

Qld driver
Qld driver
jimmy1978

jimmy1978

OK

My SS V Commodore came with them in 245 / 40 R 19 and the cost to replace one came to 500 dollars.
This did make me feel a bit ill but when you consider the performance they give you can't put a price on that.
I would rate them a 5 but given the cost I would have to say 3.
Grip in wet and dry conditions.
The cost per tyre.

KieranAU

Have grip in spades but you pay through the nose for it

Excellent grip and braking performance in wet and dry conditions. Rating 4/5
Driving comfort: 3/5
Noise Level: 3.5/5
Tyre wear: 3/5

Have done 26,000km and they are nearly worn out.

Cost to replace them is a joke. With the $AUD at record highs these tyres should be at least 35% less than what they are asking. Seems some tyre companies don't mind price gouging Australians.

I'll be replacing them with Falken ZE912s or Sumitomo HTR ZIIIs which are much more reasonably priced.

Blade38
Blade38

I have used both of the tyres, the RE050A and the ZE912s; would not fit the latter. A better substitute for the RE050A would be the ZE452's which I have on the rear of my VE Clubsport.

See all Bridgestone Potenza RE050A reviews

Tyrone T.

Tyrone T.asked

I had four Bridgestone RE050A fitted to Ve Commodore SV6, noticed that three of the four wheels had no weights fitted at all is this normal?

Rajat

Rajatasked

Are they good for Honda accord my previous tryres are Bridgestone Eco EP100 225/50/R17 ?

Colin
Colin

Can't help you out there. Best to contact your local Bridgestone specialist.

Yes, they’re great for your Honda Accord - compared with the Bridgestone Eco EPs, when on Potenzas the car will feel like it’s gripping the road with a vengeance - haha.

The difference is that the Eco EPs are a harder compound i.e. they roll better, last longer - but rely on special tread patterns etc. for grip. The Potenzas on the other hand are performance tyres designed for great grip under a variety of circumstances - but because their grip eats up rubber, they wear out faster than Eco EPs. Pumping Potenzas 3-4psi higher than usual can help them last longer the Bridgestone chaps’ll tell you exactly how much pressure to use - I’ve seen people pump’em up to 45psi for Holden Commodores. If your Accord is a 3.5L V6, then around 40psi should do the trick.

Keep in mind that with tyres, it is always a trade-off between grip/performance and high mileage/long life.

If you drive around gently in the city mostly, then consider Michelin Primacy 3 STs or Primacy 4s. They’re a good compromise between performance and mileage. So are the Bridgestone Turanzas and Eco EPs.

However, if you tend to swing your Accord V6 around corners, want good performance in rain and expect braking performance, then the Potenzas are amazing - just use a higher tyre pressure than you would for the others.

I’ve responded late, but hope this’ll be of use to others.

leanne noske

leanne noskeasked

Are these tyres still avaliable and how much are they? ?

Noeleter

Suggest you contact your dealer. Price will depend on size. Not sure whether they have been replaced but dealers seem to be pushing the RE002 instead for a similar price. Just replaced my RE050As with RE002. Ride is a bit harsher, noise levels similar, grip better particularly in wet. Said to also last longer. I guess time will tell.

Dee

Yes they're still available...... but i wouldn't buy them! Very noisy.

Chris  m
Chris m

I've just put a set on 2 weeks ago .So yes they are available .They are good tyres . A bit expensive ,if you don't drive hard there are cheaper alternatives .Hankook is a very good tyre .I use them on my xw gt cruiser .Hope this helps.

CategoryPassenger Tyres