Bridgestone Potenza RE050A

Bridgestone Potenza RE050A (page 4 of 4)

• Wet Weather Handling
  • Durability
  • Dry Weather Handling
Invisigoth

InvisigothAU

Great tyres if not ridiculously priced

Excellent grip in dry and wet conditions.
I've had Potenza RE030s on my other car and their wet grip is like hell but the RE050s are heaps better. They are the OEM tyres on my wife's Subaru, which has been driven as a family car and we've managed to get about 80,000km out of them. It's a shame Bridgestone no longer makes them but we are lucky to get a set for $320 each from Jax at clearance rate.

Now my everyday drive has Michelin Pilot Sport 2 on them I'd opt for the Michelin if they are priced very closely. Mihelins PS2 are more comfortable and quiter.
Excellent grip in both dry and wet
Expensive?

Extremly good cabable tyre. I have used these on all types of roads without fail although I havnt done dirt roads on them as that would be silly seing as they are on my SSV. I would recomend this tyre to anyone who has a performance/sport luxury vehical and they cant be too bad if they come as standard equipment on high end holdens/HSV cars. I woulnd recomend these to someone with a "normal" car as the replacment value is right up there past even the best Pirelli tyre in price. I am now on my second set.
Handling is spot on and they have never let me down even on the wet concrete motorways. Managed to get 44,000km out of one set whcih isnt to bad for the type of tyre these are.
The replacement cost is through the roof.

JET_RB25

JET_RB25

Good

Everything about these tyres are great. Grip stability and overall driving feel is great. They do cost a premium but that is to be expected i guess. You get what you pay for and that is very evident in this matter. I personally have not been able to push these tyres to breaking point.

HIghly recommend them to anyone that wants the best out of there cars feet
Everything bar cost to replace them. For a HSV your looking at over 1100 a tyre and that is crazy. But i must say you get what you pay for.
COST.

Passenger Tyres

Find out how Bridgestone Potenza RE050A compares to other Passenger Tyres

Good

They were purchased on my new E90 BMW 323i LCI Sport. Very classy looking tyre especially on a sport version with mixed tyres on a saloon. Big footprint at rear and front gives excellent handling and grip in wet and dry conditions. This is my second set (last BMW sport I replaced very noisy continentals with Potenza's), mine are run flats and I have some reservation on replacement or repair if driven with run flat notification.
Very Good looking tyre with mag saver protrusions around the rim edge.
Cost to replace and there is some doubt they can be repaired if driven as a run flat to a repair depot as no guarantee can be given on how far or how fast you have travelled when flat.

See all Bridgestone Potenza RE050A reviews

Tyrone T.

Tyrone T.asked

I had four Bridgestone RE050A fitted to Ve Commodore SV6, noticed that three of the four wheels had no weights fitted at all is this normal?

Rajat

Rajatasked

Are they good for Honda accord my previous tryres are Bridgestone Eco EP100 225/50/R17 ?

Colin
Colin

Can't help you out there. Best to contact your local Bridgestone specialist.

Yes, they’re great for your Honda Accord - compared with the Bridgestone Eco EPs, when on Potenzas the car will feel like it’s gripping the road with a vengeance - haha.

The difference is that the Eco EPs are a harder compound i.e. they roll better, last longer - but rely on special tread patterns etc. for grip. The Potenzas on the other hand are performance tyres designed for great grip under a variety of circumstances - but because their grip eats up rubber, they wear out faster than Eco EPs. Pumping Potenzas 3-4psi higher than usual can help them last longer the Bridgestone chaps’ll tell you exactly how much pressure to use - I’ve seen people pump’em up to 45psi for Holden Commodores. If your Accord is a 3.5L V6, then around 40psi should do the trick.

Keep in mind that with tyres, it is always a trade-off between grip/performance and high mileage/long life.

If you drive around gently in the city mostly, then consider Michelin Primacy 3 STs or Primacy 4s. They’re a good compromise between performance and mileage. So are the Bridgestone Turanzas and Eco EPs.

However, if you tend to swing your Accord V6 around corners, want good performance in rain and expect braking performance, then the Potenzas are amazing - just use a higher tyre pressure than you would for the others.

I’ve responded late, but hope this’ll be of use to others.

leanne noske

leanne noskeasked

Are these tyres still avaliable and how much are they? ?

Noeleter
Noeleter

Suggest you contact your dealer. Price will depend on size. Not sure whether they have been replaced but dealers seem to be pushing the RE002 instead for a similar price. Just replaced my RE050As with RE002. Ride is a bit harsher, noise levels similar, grip better particularly in wet. Said to also last longer. I guess time will tell.

Dee
Dee

Yes they're still available...... but i wouldn't buy them! Very noisy.

Chris  m
Chris m

I've just put a set on 2 weeks ago .So yes they are available .They are good tyres . A bit expensive ,if you don't drive hard there are cheaper alternatives .Hankook is a very good tyre .I use them on my xw gt cruiser .Hope this helps.

CategoryPassenger Tyres