Bridgestone Potenza RE050A

Bridgestone Potenza RE050A

lisa

lisaSydney Surrounds, NSW

Expensive - low wear

Drive same as any other tyre on any other car..we just drive highways etc..not hard in a 2010 BMW waggon
Durable - that is not a word I'd use for the 255/40r17 94w bs re050a rear wheel tyres we have to use.
They wear out before 30K, even with a wheel alignment as recommended after 10K use. That cost $65. Made no difference..at $345 a tyre and two need to be replaced each time. This lot lasted 27K. that's expensive driving.

Car2010 bmw waggon
clive minshull

clive minshull

delaminating

10000ks rear tyres worn out front tyres delaminating bridgestone says must be my fault never had problems with tyres before I'm 73 yrs old don't think I'm hooning,now looking for new tyres need help as if you read the reviews TODAYS tyres are all bad oh for the old days had a set of klebers on v8 ute did 160000 klms

Carholden commodore sv6
Katy H

Katy H

6 month old tyres need replacing!

New car was fitted with these tyres and lasted 2 years and 40000kms. We decided to go with the same tyre again and was told the next set would last longer. After 6 months and 9000kms later, both the rear tyres need replacing and apparently it is a fault with Commodores wearing out the left rear tyre quickly, however the right is almost as bad! Go figure, why didn't the last set wear out that quick? We were told we should rotate them more often.... more often than 6 months? Really?? Definitely NOT replacing with the same tyre.

Car2014 Holden SSV Commodore
Passenger Tyres

Find out how Bridgestone Potenza RE050A compares to other Passenger Tyres

Ridiculously expensive and overrated

Original product on Commodore ssv. too soft fast wearing after two complete replacements at $1600+and numerous punctures requiring complete tyre replacement have now replaced with Dunlop direzza dz102. These are better tread pattern sport styre and at $219 ea less than half the price i cannot believe Bridgestone is still charging $450+ for such a poor performing tyre.

CarCommodore ss v v8

noisy hard ride

too noisy and hard riding had these on other commodores and knew this when ordering my new SV6 Black Edition Sportswagon thats why I had pre-ordered michelin Primacy tyres. drove from car yard to tyre shop havent looked back completely diferent vehicle now a vehicle im happy to drive all day long

CarVFII SV6 sportswagon
lm

lm

Never again

Had the tyres two weeks. Passenger front and rear both have splits and eggs in the side wall, was told by tyre power that it was most likely a pot hole, can't remember hitting any though. Bridgestone said they can do that with a pot hole! Tyres can't hold up with and bumps now have to get two replacements at my own cost. I say get a more durable tyre

CarHolden vf ssv
Corey

CoreyPerth

These tyres wear out way too fast.

I brought these tyres for my Maserati, they didn't last 1 year less than 20,000km. Never buy them again. For the cost I would expect to get at least 50,000 km out of them. I don't my car to hard nor do I spin the wheels. I will have to do a lot more home work for my next set.

Car2004 Maserati coupe

O what a nosie

10,000k the noise and vibration on these tyres. Bridgestone customer service said "rotate every 5000k" what a joke, had the same poor tyres on my last new car - same noise same bad performance and the tyre ware.. don't go there. Changed to Michelin - best tyres by far quieter, smoother, handle better and last 30000k longer with no tyre rotation. Going to change ther crappy tyres after 10000k to Michelin. Don't waste your money if you have these on your car, get rid of them while you can trade them in and buy good tyres.

noise and quick wearing

See all Bridgestone Potenza RE050A reviews

Tyrone T.

Tyrone T.asked

I had four Bridgestone RE050A fitted to Ve Commodore SV6, noticed that three of the four wheels had no weights fitted at all is this normal?

Rajat

Rajatasked

Are they good for Honda accord my previous tryres are Bridgestone Eco EP100 225/50/R17 ?

Colin
Colin

Can't help you out there. Best to contact your local Bridgestone specialist.

Yes, they’re great for your Honda Accord - compared with the Bridgestone Eco EPs, when on Potenzas the car will feel like it’s gripping the road with a vengeance - haha.

The difference is that the Eco EPs are a harder compound i.e. they roll better, last longer - but rely on special tread patterns etc. for grip. The Potenzas on the other hand are performance tyres designed for great grip under a variety of circumstances - but because their grip eats up rubber, they wear out faster than Eco EPs. Pumping Potenzas 3-4psi higher than usual can help them last longer the Bridgestone chaps’ll tell you exactly how much pressure to use - I’ve seen people pump’em up to 45psi for Holden Commodores. If your Accord is a 3.5L V6, then around 40psi should do the trick.

Keep in mind that with tyres, it is always a trade-off between grip/performance and high mileage/long life.

If you drive around gently in the city mostly, then consider Michelin Primacy 3 STs or Primacy 4s. They’re a good compromise between performance and mileage. So are the Bridgestone Turanzas and Eco EPs.

However, if you tend to swing your Accord V6 around corners, want good performance in rain and expect braking performance, then the Potenzas are amazing - just use a higher tyre pressure than you would for the others.

I’ve responded late, but hope this’ll be of use to others.

leanne noske

leanne noskeasked

Are these tyres still avaliable and how much are they? ?

Noeleter
Noeleter

Suggest you contact your dealer. Price will depend on size. Not sure whether they have been replaced but dealers seem to be pushing the RE002 instead for a similar price. Just replaced my RE050As with RE002. Ride is a bit harsher, noise levels similar, grip better particularly in wet. Said to also last longer. I guess time will tell.

Dee
Dee

Yes they're still available...... but i wouldn't buy them! Very noisy.

Chris  m
Chris m

I've just put a set on 2 weeks ago .So yes they are available .They are good tyres . A bit expensive ,if you don't drive hard there are cheaper alternatives .Hankook is a very good tyre .I use them on my xw gt cruiser .Hope this helps.

CategoryPassenger Tyres