Brighton Navelia

Brighton Navelia

5.0 from 1 review

Great Product, some minor shortcomings

I bought this from Groupon - their ad stated: '$29 for a Brita Navelia Water Filter Jug with Four Maxtra Filters (Don't Pay $79.80)' I am very pleased with my 5 YO jugs but they were getting old. Also, this deal was cheaper than just buying the filters. As I have room in the fridge, I bought 2 jug sets.

With 2 jugs, I go 3 months between filter changes. Brita states 2 months. A major issue is that there is no way of knowing if the filter is 'used up'. Canberra water is quite good so I assume that I can go much longer than an area that uses bore water for example. Having heard horror stories about under-sink filters, I consider this is a good option in those areas with reasonable water.

The in-jug timer is a gimmick, designed to get you to buy more filters before they are due. Set up a reminder on your calendar instead. Also, Brita states that the life of the filter is 150 litres. At 1 litre per day, that is almost 6 months - depends on the quality of the original water and the amount of water filtered, not time.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
This is obviously a Brita - Auto spell check changed it to Brighton & I cannot fix it - has to be done by Product Review.