Scott Morris

Smart Doorbell and Protector Lights

Neol Anderson

Neol AndersonCentral Queensland, QLD

Brilliant Lighting Protector Wifi Security Camera

Spent $more than $300 on this unit.
Struggling to get the Motion Sensor to trigger any action like send a message or turn on lights at night.
Still can not see anything in the dark as it seems like the night vision is not working.
Can't see where the Video is being Recorded.
There is no slot in here to insert a Memory Micro Card

Went back to bunnings and they said to configure it properly.
I still can't find any instructions anywhere on configuring motion sensors or recording settings.

Have sent request for assistance on their support page and am still waiting.

John

John

Poor service

Installed 4 fans 2 stopped working on the controlled speeds had a electrician change the controllers no joy tried to contact brilliant just leave a message no direct contact .

Brilliant L.Brilliant Lighting

Hi John, unfortunately sometimes our phones are busy, but by leaving a message they will return your call. Or you could head here and fill out a warranty claim. https://brilliantlighting.com.au/warranty/repairs

Wafik S.

Wafik S.Sydney, NSW

Horrible Light

Understandably this is a budget light, this light gets dim if you use the colours instead of standard white.

The setup was laborious, you need to set up one light at a time and ensure the others are not plugged in.

The app couldn't pick the lights up half the time, and one of them set itself up as a different kind of light bulb despite the fact I bought 3 identical bulbs. The third bulb just does its own thing and ignores all commands.

Brilliant L.Brilliant Lighting

Hi Wakif. Did you contact our support staff to work through your issues with the globes?

HP G.Perth, WA

Terrible RGB GU10 smart globes

Louise B.

Louise B.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst customer service/support!

Simon H.

Simon H.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Poor Customer Service, Poor Product

After the Wifi Garden kit failed a warranty claim was lodged in August 2020. Started ringing and sending emails and finally got a response in early November. However no further correspondence received from Brilliant since then despite follow-ups.

Would not recommend the product nor the customer support.

Joan

JoanSouth East Queensland, QLD

WIFI GARDEN LIGHT KIT

Cannot get the light to fast blink stage, its either permanent or slow.
what's the procedure please to get to blink

Brilliant L.Brilliant Lighting

Hi Joan. contact our Support team on 0397652555. They will be able to walk you through any setup difficulties.

Sweetie pieAdelaide

No help at all

Purchased the led remote when I got my ceiling fan. Everything worked fine until it needed new batteries. Now even though the led display is working, it won’t turn on the light or fan. Contacted the company for help and they denied the remote is theirs, but I know it is. So now I will have to get an electrician to see if he can help me and just hope my batteries never need replacing again.

Brilliant L.Brilliant Lighting

If the product is ours it will have a rating sticker on the product somewhere, likely in the battery compartment with the Brilliant name and model number. This will help with any warranty.

Sweetie pie

It doesn’t have the rating sticker but the logo on the box is the same as yours

Brilliant L.Brilliant Lighting

All of our products have a rating label as this is required by law. Can you send through an image of the product and the box through our Facebook Chat page?

AutoMateGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Warranty Department - Non Responsive to emails

Bought 12 (4 Pack) RGB WIFI Garden Lights which are rated IP68 Weather Resistant and on the transformer states waterproof IP grade. No issues with the RGB lights and wifi module but the transformers are crap (50% of them), not sealed correctly and after 4 months stopped working. Not sure how the RICO Electronics are Standards approved. Honour your warranty.

Replacements parts not available from Brilliant and stockists prices are crazy. Bunnings also frustrated over replacement parts. Here's an alternative [weblink removed]

Brilliant L.Brilliant Lighting

Hi there. If you head to our website and fill in a warranty form we can arrange a replacement.

Brilliant L.Brilliant Lighting

Thanks for letting us know. If you can email your warranty number through to support@brilliantlighting.com.au I can follow up for you.

SMA

SMABrisbane

Poor quality

So far I've gone through two of five smart plugs that work then for no aparent reason after a couple of minutes completely fail and wont turn on at all.

Just installed two fan controllers one works the second has the same symptoms as the faulty smart plug. It worked for about 3 minutes then just failed and now wont turn on at all.

Brilliant L.Brilliant Lighting

Hi there. Have you contacted our support team? If each product keeps failing it could be a problem with your wifi/network.

Scott

Scott

Brilliant Smart products - poor quality and very poor support and warranty

Matt

MattCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Poor Sensor

Installed Brilliant smart PIR motion sensor. No troubles in connecting it to wi-fi. Found that high sensitivity struggles to detect motion from 3 metres away when it states 18metres on the box. Found that it was just randomly turning on when there was no motion at all.. Took product back and got another unit, did the exact same thing. called the company no help at all

Brilliant Fan WiFi remote

I bought a brilliant WiFi controller to put into the fan in my bedroom. Installed no problem and worked great. Can control fan and light through Google as they show up as separate devices.
So I bought a second one for my son's room. Unfortunately the brilliant smart ap calls the light the same name on the second fan, so Google can't see it.
As the fan and light are one device in brilliant ap, I can't rename the light.
This all means Google can see both fans , but only the first light. So basically good product as long as you only have 1 fan in your house.
Slip up in product testing I think.

Brilliant L.Brilliant Lighting

Hi Patrick, you should be able to rename each fan remote in the BrilliantSmart App so Google can see them separately. If you are having trouble doing this give our support line a call.

Dave Willer

Dave WillerPerth, WA

BAD service and warranty department

Still no call from warranty dept and light still turns on all hours of the night waking my son!!!!! Don't buy Brilliant Lighting products! Promised a call nothing... we are 4 months down the track!

Brilliant L.Brilliant Lighting

Hi Dave. Can you please advise the warranty claim reference number you received when you lodged through a web portal. We can follow this up and find out why the delay.

Buy Lifx instead

After dealing with constant self-resetting, I went and upgraded my router to one that a Brilliant Smart Staff member suggested. Now trying to reset the globes to link on the new network, one will flash fast and the other is slow (2 lights per lightswitch, 10 globes in total). It is incredibly frustrating. I spent a lot of money on these products and in hindsight I should have bought Lifx globes instead

Cameron M.
Cameron M.

The product is junk. Months down the track and im still having dramas. Im saving to install Lifx which is what I should have done in the first place rather than throw away a thousand dollars on your product

Sue

SueGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not what it says on the box

Bought 325mm Astro DIY plug in round fan exhaust with LED light. Electrician installed as per instructions. The light is wonderful for my bathroom. The fan is hopeless. Says ‘whisper quiet’ on the box. It’s hardly that. VERY noisy. Don’t recommend, at all.

Steve1973

Steve1973Melbourne

Spent an hour trying to make it work. Never did.

I bought a WiFi Downlight 9W 750LM CCT LED online. No returns allowed. Spent an hour trying to get it to work. It did work for two days but then stopped working. I just own a flashing light that I can't connect to. I'll just throw it in the trash.

Brilliant L.Brilliant Lighting

Hi Steve. If you could give our support guys a call on 0397652555 they can help you with your connection problems.
IF you are still having issues then your place of purchase, by law, has to allow you to return.

VincentPandolfi

VincentPandolfiSydney, NSW

Not very reliable

my daughter bought two lights for Mother's day for my wife as part of her present. Both lights worked for a few days. One light stopped working and will not reset. Cannot get it to blink fast. Very disappointing

Brilliant L.Brilliant Lighting

Hi Vincent. If you contact our support techs they can help you reset.

cHeers

Sheldon4

Sheldon4South-Eastern Region, NSW

Excellent result

The fan with a built-in light works great but the remote had a faulty button. The warranty call took a long time to action, but a new remote was sent that is perfect. We are very happy now.

Brilliant L.Brilliant Lighting

Hi Sheldon. Thanks for your feedback. I will inform the warranty dept. Glad your fan is working 100% now.

HP G.asked

Hi there, I've had something really bizarre happen so I thought I'd ask for some advice here.

So I use virtual switches in Smart Things to be able to control my Brilliant lights through IFTTT. What has been happening is, I have 2 virtual switches set up on ST and they are both triggering lights which aren't part of the target group.

One of the virtual switches is linked to my Brilliant Smart TV Lamps Group via IFTTT which works fine however at the same time the same actions are applied to my pendant lights (Brilliant Smart too) in my bedroom which are on a completely different group AND room.

The second virtual switch also points to the same Brilliant Smart lights but to a different group which is set to a different scene - The problem with this one is that it turns on my Brilliant Smart TV Lamps Group as per the integration with IFTTT but nothing happens to my bedroom pendant lights until I turn the virtual switch off which then turns my bedroom pendant lights off, again these are in a completely different group.

I have other Brilliant Smart lights around the house but they are GU10 RGB globes and they aren't being affected whereas my bedroom and the TV lamps ones are all the same model (ES27 RGB) so this is the only similarity I can pick up on.

I also have recently set up an IKEA button to control my bedroom wall lights through ST/IFTTT which are brilliant GU10 and guess what? As I press the button it turns on my bedroom wall lights as well the other 13 GU10 I have in another room.

I tested those groups from within the Brilliant Smart app and they are triggering the correct lights so the issue appears to be within IFTTT which is the one that is controlling the Brillian Smart backend.

As part of troubleshooting, I deleted all my IFTTT applets, deleted the light groups from within the Brilliant Smart app and recreated everything but it didn't make any difference - I also recreated the virtual switches from ST.

I have already logged a ticket with IFTTT however they claimed that there is nothing wrong with their platform. Here's their response:

"
As to my hypothesis that the issue is not with IFTTT, we are not using the same APIs as the first-party mobile apps from device manufacturers, so it's possible that the groups are behaving in this strange way only for the endpoints IFTTT relies on. I have not seen any similar reports with Brilliant Smart devices, but we'll keep an eye out and report to Brilliant if we notice any patterns."

Please can you assist?

Fiona

Fionaasked

Hi there - we have just had a 19573/05 Brilliant Tempest DC Series fan installed. The electrician has put in that model with the light which we didn’t want but will have to live with it. We wanted the 19571/05. So, we want to know how to remove the diffuser and change the colour temp as it is set on the hideous cool white and we want to select warm white. Also, just to know how to remove the diffuser anyway please. Thank you!

Diane M.