Brita Marella Cool / Marella XL

Brita Marella Cool / Marella XL (page 2 of 2)

Cool and XL

See the Best Serveware in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

boredhousewife

boredhousewife

i use the brita water filter daily and it's easy to fit in the fridge. nice to have cold water during summer. even though the filter cartridge may be expensive but it will last you 8 weeks until you have to change to a new one.
water tastes great and you don't need to spend lots of money installing a filter on your tap to get the same quality
the only downside is changing the filter cartridge is a hassle. i usually soak the new cartridge in a bowl of cold water and shake it to get all the black sediments out. do it a few times, then put the cartridge in the water filter, fill up with water, and throw the water away. do it twice and you won't get black sediments when you want to drink.

Zoe032010

Zoe032010

sarahjayne2010

sarahjayne2010AU

I bought this after tasting the water at my parents as they have one, I now never drink tap water without it being filtered. I think you can taste a real difference.
I bought this on sale when they had the limited edition out, I have a red one! The water filters through quickly and because of its slimline shape it is easy to store in the side of the fridge.
Filters can be expensive, but I get them on sale and I do not change them every 8 weeks, I only change them when I think the water is starting to taste different.

esilele

esilele

Good

The jug is one of the best looking because it is quite slimline, and is easy to fit in most places. I would buy another brita in the future.
Great fit in the fridge. Very easy to fill up- you just have to press the tab with your thumb and the top opens up.
My electronic reminder thing never worked. I didn't really care though because I always ignore it and change the filter when the water tastes bad. The filters are expensive. I probably don't do it every 8 weeks, but water is actually drinkable where I am, it's just not the best taste.

katpaul

katpaul

OK

The cartridge change reminder is a great feature. This filters water well and has a pretty quick flow rate. You can pour water out easily and not make too much mess. Fits easily into my fridge. Filters water really well - we all think that you can actually taste the difference. Holds quite a bit of water - I don't need to refill it all the time throughout the day
This filters water nicely. It has a good filter rate - you don't need to wait too long. Easy to fit into my fridge
The cartriges are quite expensive. Pays to keep an eye out of specials

jaraya

jaraya

OK

I bought this water filter jug mainly because I do not like drinking normal tap water. I purchased it for around $30 (on sale!), and since then I have seen other water filter jugs which seem just as good for much less, hence the con of it being pricey. During winter I hardly use it but during summer it comes in very handy.
Filters water very well; very easy to read instructions and use; can hold a good amount of water, slim design so that it does not take up too much space in your fridge
A little bit costly, as well as the replaceable cartridges

babyblade86

babyblade86

Good

A handy water jug that you can place in the fridge, just top it up with tap water and let the filter do its work.
Electronic reminder tells you when to change filter. Conveniently and less costly than larger water filters that are powered.
Cartridge prices are a little expensive in some shops. Black sediments settle at the bottom of jug if cartridge hasn't been flushed properly at first use.

redbox

redbox

Good

BRITA products are always well designed and made. Looks great and the filter change reminder is handy. Filters are expensive though - we only buy them when on special and then in the bulk packs to save costs. Gives us peace of mind that the water we drink has the impurities taken out of it. Not sure what is the story with the black sediment - if you wait until the water settles in the glass after pouring it you can see it at the bottom. I make sure I throw the last bits out just in case
Easy to use and has a reminder to change the filters
Filters are expensive and there seems to be black sediment when you empty the jug completely.

cpudney

cpudney

fernyfluffles

fernyflufflesTas, 7320

We bought this water jug as it is a cheaper alternative to bottled water and it will be brilliant for use this summer as we keep ours in the fridge. Excellent quality!
The water tastes so much better after it is filtered, the water jug holds a lot of water so it doesn't need to be refilled as frequently, ours came in a pack which included a refillable water bottle and three extra filters. I love the digital display which tells you when you need to replace the filter
It is not a good water jug for a small fridge

happy_life

happy_lifeQLD, 4817

I drink allot of water so I should have bought the 8L bench top version. However the water tastes really good after being filtered. I love this water bottle.
The water tastes great. The bottle looks good

DEN

DENasked

Marella Cool

How do you take out the meter from the lid?

acarthur
acarthur

You can't.

Sasha
Sasha

On the model I have, there is a slot next to the top of the meter; comes out easily with the use of a small flat screwdriver or similar.

right

rightasked

Marella XL

why is dirty water coming through my filter housing?

JZ66

Probably because your filter is due for a change? Suggest you write to Brita if you have any further questions as I'm not the expert. I just use my jug and it's fine.

Rag74time

Rag74timeasked

Marella Cool

The lid on the one just bought cannot be made to fit tightly at all or is it just me?

JZ66

If you still have the receipt take it back. I have another jug that has the same issue and trust me it continues and becomes very amnoying. It should not be happening. Even if you don't have your receipt go back to the shop and see if they can show you what's causing it at least, failing that write to the company. Surely they can send a replacement.

Get an answer from our members and BRITA representatives