Brita Optimax Cool

Brita Optimax Cool

Jeanine Almeida

Jeanine AlmeidaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very good!

It is a convenient way to have fresh filtered water without the need to install anything in your kitchen which is very good for people who are renting like me. It takes a bit of space of your fridge though which wasn't a problem for me.

Purchased in April 2020 at Big W Online Store for $57.20.

Cant live without it!

Bought cheap from Mitre10 and have never regretted this purchase. Am absolutely pleased with this and will never buy water or drink from the tap again! Kids love it aswell. Our container is topped up atleast 3x a day and I even use it to make my babys bottles. Highly recommend Brita.

Purchased in October 2016 at Mitre10 for $40.00.

Aussie P.

Aussie P.

Good tasting water

I bought one of these some time back and it's been a real boon. I also have their slimline jug for going on holidays and using filtered water in motels. Once you've tasted Brita filtered water unfiltered water tastes awful. I can get filters for both of them from my local Bunnings.

Purchased at Kmart Retail Stores.

Wayne v.E

Wayne v.EAdelaide

Saving an absolute bundle on bottled water!

Bought the Brita Optimax Cool in December 2017, we kept drinking all the bottled water and it was cheaper to buy a soft drink. Drinking soft drink did nothing for our health. Then we discovered the Optimax Cool at Bunnings.

It was not expensive, in fact, we saved the cost within 4 weeks of using it. The water tasted 100% better than the Adelaide tap water, which anyone from Adelaide knows is horrible.

And the best thing is we can keep filling water bottles for a fraction of the cost of buying them. The Optimax Cool holds 8.5 litres of water, so satisfies a thirst for up to 4 people per day without a refill.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

James5249Victoria

Convenient and good quality

It’s a great step up from the water jugs. We just keep ours in the fridge. Brita also have bulk specials on the filters so you can often get them for $8 each. The water has a good taste and having the large jug means refills aren’t super frequent. Maybe once every 2 days for a 2-person household. Good buy.

Date PurchasedJune 2016
    Ashley W

Ashley WGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very useful

I have been using it now for 2 years, very practical, very easy to clean, and its size is perfect, makes me able to put it in the fridge.
    The only drawback is the price of the filters, but if you are savvy enough you can wait for the sale and promotions and get two for the price of one.

Date PurchasedMar 2015
    Dee

DeePerth

Love the size.

I have been using Brita products for many years & have always been very happy. The Brita Optimax Cool is fantastic because it holds a decent amount of water so you don't have to constantly fill it up. I have recently moved to Melbourne and I think the water is very different to the water in Perth. I'm mentioning this because I often have to regularly wash out the container because sometimes fine brown sediments sit at the bottom of the water filtered water container.
    Overall a fantastic product and would definitely recommend.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
    snapback

snapback

Finally, a water filter with decent capacity.

I was given this as a Christmas present. It is sitting on the top shelf of my fridge, and supplies cold, filtered water all day. I fill it up at night so it has time to cool down by the next morning. The huge capacity means the cold water lasts all day, unlike previous models that would run out really quickly. Beware, though, that due to the huge capacity, a full unit is very heavy, so be sure the fridge shelf is strong enough to support it. I've had other Brita products in the past, and haven't been too impressed with them, but this time they seem to have the design and function sorted out.

Wish i had got the Optimax sooner

My wife and I use the Optimax, instead of buying bottled water... quality of the water is fantastic, and great for making tea and coffee, don't get that white scum on the tea and it does make it taste so much better, also do not get the scale build up in the kettle.
    Previously we were using bottled water, and looked at the costs, was spending 120-200euros a month on bottled water... now spending a 10th of the amount, with additional water usage included. So happy with the quality we have now purchased a Britta permanent filter installation for our new house. So clean great tasting water straight from the tap. so the Optimax will go to my office. Great product, Thanks Britta.

MariePerth, WA

Brilliant!!!

At last a water filter/chiller that works - after years of having bench top electric ones that were never satisfactory this is a fantastic alternative - great capacity, chills the water in the top reservoir so always plenty of cold water - easy to fill and keep clean - Love it

Marie

One year on and still loving it, simplest most efficient system out, provides us with ample filtered water even when the three grandkids are over - love it!!

Oweez

OweezWellington, NZ

Brilliant filter and water storage

The Austin's

The Austin'sMelbourne

Still Tastes Like Tap Water to me

looknbuy

looknbuyAuckland

Wow smart move, me

Love it, filtered water always on tap!

Always loved the filter jugs but the cask is just so much more convenient as you don't need to fill up as often! Chilled, filtered water is always available in our house with no hassle

Blue CobToowoomba

Top product.

I'm very satisfied with this product. I feel the advantage this clear sided filter jug has over the other types on the market that don't have transparent sides is that you can see the quality of the water inside the jug and how clean the jug is. I would not trust drinking water from a jug that I cannot see the condition of it inside. It may have scum build up etc.
    Clean and clear.
    Lid a bit tight, maybe a slide lid would work better.

royboy999

royboy999

rong8888

rong8888Perth, WA

I bought mine to encourage my kids to get their own water. I got tired of filling up the filter jug and having to pour it for the kids all the time and they love being able to use the little tap themselves. The filters last us about a month but it would be better if you could see the date more easily.
    This is the perfect self serve unit for the kids to use.The filters can be bought in any department store.
    You really need a good size fridge if you buy one.The lid where you fill it up is a bit hard to get off.

Blue Cob

Agree with you re the lid part. They should have made it a sliding lid.

Liz Nisbet
    Liz Nisbet

can you buy the filter indicator on it,s own as mine has stopped working

pinksharon

pinksharon

We bought this about 3 years ago and have been really happy with it the whole time. The large size means you are not constantly having to refill it. We go through so much water because use it for drinking and cooking with. It is really easy to use and the kids just help themselves so they end up drinking much more water wich is great. You can always buy the filters... most supermarkets and depatrment stores stock them. I usually buy them when the 3 pack goes on sale for $20.
    It holds so much water.
    The timer on top is not much good.