7Britax Safe-n-Sound Graphene

87% · 657 · 9%

Ellie S.
Ellie S.4 posts

Fantastic car seat

We purchased the graphene in the Nanotex range and love it! Initially I was after the Millenia but it was going to be too taxing on space in our car. Great quality, it has all the safety features and is well padded and comfortable for bub. We purchased this to replace our capsule as bub was starting to outgrow it. Still rear facing at 9 months. The Tex range is water and stain resistant which sold me! Show details ·  1
Hardik
HardikGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

Love it!

Love everything about it, it feels baby is safe and supported well. although my 9 months old seems very uncomfortable with straps being so tight around her also I feel needs to be forward facing now which is too soon for my expectations. I was hoping to turn her forwards after 1 year atleast. Show details ·  1
Safety
Mandy
MandyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC9 posts

Exceelent seat

I love the cushiony feel that makes the baby very comfy. The extra layer of security gives more peace of mind. Just one drawback the sear belt is too tight for the baby now and it is very uncomfortable for the baby to sit there now. Tried loosening it but cannot. Show details ·  1
Ease of Installation
John B
John BSydney, NSW8 posts
  Fair Incentive Verified

Good Mid-Range Car Seat

We haven't had any problems with this car seat. Relatively easy to install when following the instructions.

Our little one is snug and comfortable in this seat and it's a good size for a hatch back.

The material is relatively easy to wipe clean if you're quick enough as fluids tend to bead on top.

One minor setback was having to buy an extension cable to anchor the seat in a hatchback. We had to make another journey to the shop to buy one. Show details ·  1

LynL
LynLGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC18 posts

Good but could be perfect

I had to take out the infant insert for my 2.5month old, it became snug very quickly. Baby seems comfy in it. however, both straps need to be pulled at the same time when tightened to prevent tangling.
Front seat space still roomy with the car seat installed directly behind it. Show details ·  1
tawhid
tawhidSydney, NSW4 posts

Top product

It's very safe and comfortable as well. You can rely on and is an excellent product for your kids. I am using this item for a long time . Never had any issues Show details ·  1
Safety
Jessica v.
Jessica v.South East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Love it!

Our little man absolutely loves travelling in the car and has since birth The seat is easy to install, easy to adjust, a good fit in our car and super comfy. He is still happily read facing at just over 12 months. Highly recommend! Show details ·  1
Priyanka
PriyankaSydney, NSW9 posts
  Fair Incentive Verified

Easy install and great tex material

Comes in black in the easy wipe off material. Baby seems to like it so far, snug fit for the infant with an insert that can be removed when the baby grows. First Safe and Sound product and am not disappointed. Show details ·  1
SavvyShopper
SavvyShopperCanberra Central 2601, ACT8 posts

Love it

This is my second Safe n Sound product and love this one as well. Very comfy and easy to use. Was super easy to install the seat and specially the isofix works a treat. I have a maxi guard pro as well which are next to each other and makes the 3rd seat narrower. So if you have a compact SUV like my Honda CR-V, it is worth taking this into consideration. All in all, Graphene is a great product, easy to use and comes with world class safety features. Would recommend. Show details ·  1
Ms vee
Ms veeVictoria15 posts

Love it!

This was my 3rd baby car seat purchase for my tiny VW polo. Nothing fitted corrrectly except for this. The baby loves it as well. Very easy to put her in and out. The bamboo fabric helps keeping her cool. Money well spent. Show details ·  1
DelMac
DelMacGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC9 posts

Great for small/regular sized cars

We purchased this from Baby Bunting and were very happy with the size and features. I have a VW Jetta and don’t plan on getting an SUV any time soon, so it’s wonderful that I can fit several of these in the back for when I plan to have more children. It also leaves a little extra space for the front seats. It’s an easy chair to use and very comfy for babies! Show details ·  1
Brooke
BrookeSouth East Queensland, QLD5 posts

Safe & comfortable

I am so glad I bought these car seats for my 3 kids. Britax are not only leaders in safety but have designed these seats to accommodate larger families and to fit into your average sized vehicle with ease. I have confidence in knowing my children are secure and safe in the car and they seem to be quite comfy. I can easily adjust the height of the straps to when my children want to switch seats and wash inserts with ease. Show details ·  1
Dani
DaniHalekulani7 posts

Comfy and functional

Converted to this seat when Bub was about 9 months old, he had loved his first capsule and slept well so we were nervous to change but he loves this seat too! He falls asleep easily. Was easy to install with isofix. Nay downside is it Does leave limited leg room for front seat with baby facing rearward in Mazda 3, but think most seats will. Like the amount of head support& protection Show details ·  1
Lilian
LilianGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC11 posts

Great car seat!

We bought this as a second seat in our smaller car. It's a good, safe compact option. Visually appealing, easy to use and fits well in our Nissan Micra. My son is 14 months old now and likes sitting up a bit more in this seat than in our Maxi Cosi Euro NXT. Overall, really happy and prefer it to our other seat.

Nicole
Nicole

Doesn’t sit right

I bought this one cause of the narrow base. What I didn’t realise is that it’s not a flat base so i have had issues trying to get it to sit back flat enough for my newborn to be safe. At the moment I have my 20 month in it and as she is old enough to walk etc it’s not an issue for her.

My new baby is due soon and I have spoken to countless people and fitters and they say it’s all installed perfectly.

However, it is way too upright for a newborn.

It doesn’t sit flush against the seat and no matter how may rolled up towel you use (as suggested by fitters), soon as you pull the anchor strap it just pulls the seat upright again.

I wish I had of stuck with the millennia like I did with my first. This new one is nothing but trouble

Britax Safe-n-Sound
Britax Safe-n-Sound   DM
Kat
KatSurfers paradise2 posts

Great car seat!

Baby is very comfortable- a lot of support around the head region which was my mai concern after seeing so many with minimal head support. The car seat isn’t taken out regularly but when it has been swapped in cars ect the process was pain free and easy to do!

Convertible Car Seats

Find out how Britax Safe-n-Sound Graphene compares to other Convertible Car Seats

Brooke B
Brooke BGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC7 posts

I want to give 5 stars, but

I absolutely love this seat. So easy to use and my toddler finds it very comfortable and she is still rear facing with plenty of room at nearly 2 years of age. The reason I cannot give 5 stars is that I needed to buy another seat for my second baby, but found out from Britax that the tether strap cannot be moved to the opposite side of the shell due to the SICT. It's a shame as this seat is marketed as being able to fit 3 across, but when the tether is not on the closest side to the door, it makes loosening and re-tightening a bit tricky.

Jen50
Jen50SYDNEY6 posts

Great car seat

This is our first time buying a car seat and was recommended by a friend. The seat is secure, cushioned and comfortable for a 6 month old. Love that it can be used to children up to 4-5 years and is convertible as well. The seat fits comfortably in our mid size SUV. The fabric also feels lovely and no complaints so far!

Lita
LitaLake Macquarie6 posts
Jess graham
Jess graham6 posts

Larger in size but great

It definitely seems comfortable. She doesn’t sweat like her old one. With extended rear facing is great for their safe and she doesn’t complain at all. The clasp protected shifts easily though and I have accidentally pinched her with the buckle a couple of times. Easy to remove and re install in other cars. It is bulky in our prado though.

Kelly N
Kelly NAU5 posts

The BMW of car seats

A great secure car seat. Baby fits well into car seat and seems to comfortable in it. Quite a large set up when rear facing and does mean the front passenger loses a lot of leg room.

From what we’ve been showing, very easy to adjust and change as baby grows - we just haven’t quite reached that stage yet!!!

Leo A Moriarty
Leo A MoriartySANDALWOOD4 posts

the right seat

The few times I have travelled without it, I miss it! The base makes life so much easier, especially when you're trying not to wake a sleeping baby while also trying to juggle a diaper bag. We have two bases (one in each car) to make life even easier! A much cheaper alternative than having two carseats! I want my little guy to stay in his infant carseat as long as possible so we can use the base longer!

Katy
KatySydney7 posts

So safe and easy to use

My child loves her special car seat. We love how easy it was to fit in a standard car (not an SUV) because of the compact size but there’s still plenty of room. She is so comfy and it’s easy to adjust the straps or height as she grows. It works well with ISOFIX in one car and just as well without in the other. We didn’t need a compact one in our second car but wouldn’t get anything else. Happily still rear facing at 14mo- safe in her Britax!

gcdanni
gcdanniMetropolitan Adelaide, SA4 posts

So far so good

My baby hated the car seat for the first few weeks... but he also hated anything that restricted him. He is now 6 months and sits happily for car rides. I was so scared of using a car seat as I’m terrible at untwisting seat belts and ones I have used previously with family members babies have been frustrating, this one has been super easy to buckle up every time. The head rest is easy to adjust, it did take me a few frustrating minutes to work out how to put it back down when I accidentally lifted it too high and didn’t have my partner to help, but I managed without reading a manual so that says a lot for me. Overall happy with our purchase.

Ver
VerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC8 posts

Love it!

Fits in my tiny car. Easy to get baby in and out. Bamboo fabric keeps baby cool from sweating. Easy to install your self with ISO fix, it took less than 5 minutes and I’m not a handy person! They hardly go on sale but worth every dollar! Will buy again for next baby.

Abb’s
Abb’sMildura13 posts

Safe and easy to use!!

Fantastic car seat! Super comfy for my baby, easy to install due to the ISOFIX, it has made travelling easy so far and we plan on taking it with us to America. Very happy with the safety and how compact it fits in the back of our car. Extended rear facing to help with the safety of our baby is also something we wanted when investing in a car seat and made the britax graphene the perfect seat.

Convertible Car Seats

a79
a79Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC33 posts

Perfect to get 3 across in an SUV

This is a great child seat along with all the excellent features it's pretty straight forward to install and is narrow enough to allow 3 seats across in a compact SUV.

We have a cx 5 and with the arrival of our 3rd child we had to either buy a new car or new car seats so we did the latter and also bought a britax maxi guard pro and were able to keep one of our existing seats the safe and sound meridian

Haiisbdbf
Haiisbdbf5 posts

Great car seat

My baby loves going for drives in this and is almost guaranteed to fall asleep in it. Easy to use, install and take out to put into another car if need by with the isofix clips. I was doing it myself and I’m a small woman. The fabric feels nice and breathable and is easy to take off and re-install on the seat for convenient washing

Roetroc
RoetrocAU6 posts

Nice seat. Super easy to install

Chose this seat after his capsule became too small.

I like it. He is still too short to be forward facing so I am just reviewing the seat in it's rear facing mode. The installation was a doddle and literally done in under 2 mins. I was so surprised I went back to check that I hadn't missed something. No, it was just very easy (2015 Qashqai).

It seems very comfortable and protective for him.

Quibbles would be that it was hard to attach his toy so that he could play. I had to use the restraining strap and a bit of tape to stop it sliding. That same strap is quite high in my car and it is a little bit of a mission to lift him over it to get him in.

Grace
GraceNewcastle5 posts

Love it

We love this car seat. Our bubs grew out of the capsule really early so we had to get a rear facing one until he was 6 months. Would highly recommend this product for anyone looking. We’ve had another in the past and felt it didn’t fit too well in the car.

Jade W
Jade WSouth East Queensland, QLD12 posts

Comfort, even for a sooky baby!

With ISO fix this car seat is breezy to install. I was a bit nervous installing an isofix car seats for the first time, but to my surprise it was super easy. I love the red and green window to show you when the isofix is tight enough. My very sooky 9 month old HATES the car, but we just purchased this last month and now our trips in the car are at least 50% happier. It’s very comfortable - obviously. Being Britax, I feel like this car seat is one of the safest rear facing car seats on the market. It fits in my Mazda 2 perfectly without compromising safety. We are in lurveeee! We are yet to clean it, but I’m sure it’ll be similar to our maxi guard pro. Thanks Britax!

Amanda
Amanda4 posts

My newborn looks super secure

Love this seat! As a new Mumma there’s so many seats to choose from but I’m so happy with my purchase! Over bumps her head doesn’t even move! I highly recommend this car seat as it’s from birth to 4 years old. We purchased ours on special from baby bunting so it was a bonus!

Msun
MsunGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC7 posts

Very happy

It was super easy to install (I initially paid someone to do it professionally, but honestly just go on youtube and follow their instructions, a child could figure it out if you gave them candy to do it).

Looks great, luxurious feel and you can tell it's well made. Solid when installed.

Definitely trust this brand to protect my child.

BELINDA
BELINDAMetropolitan Adelaide, SA4 posts

What a space saver

Purchased from Baby Bunting. the staff explained how is is the smallest car seat for compact cars. they were not joking. Reward facing saves space in compact cars so you are able to seat a passenger.Very easy to install yourself. My son and I did it in no time. Baby loves the car seat.

ALall
ALall4 posts

Excellent and very comfortable!!!!!

I bought it from baby buntings and got the seat fitted by the Britax certified fitters. To fit this seat in your car (if you car is hatch) then you may need a small extension (strap) to lock it from the bottom of the seat and can be bought in baby buntings for an extra cost ( Approx.$15.00).

MY new born baby (3 days old) was very comfortable in this seat when I places her for the first time leaving hospital. While placing the baby it is very Easy to lay the baby in the seat and also to tighten and lossen the stap. Very comfortable and cozy. Had an incident of milk spill but no stain( Milk spill was only 20ml).

Highly recommended and very comfortable for baby.