Britax Safe-n-Sound Graphene

Britax Safe-n-Sound Graphene (page 3 of 3)

Listing monitored by Britax Safe-n-Sound

Pros

• Slim fit

• ISOFIX compatible

• Robust and sturdy build

• Comfortable for children

• Adjustable head restraint and harness

Cons

• Premium price

• Safety
  • Ease of Installation
  • Ease of Height Adjustment

Brooke B
Brooke BGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I want to give 5 stars, but.....

I absolutely love this seat. So easy to use and my toddler finds it very comfortable and she is still rear facing with plenty of room at nearly 2 years of age. The reason I cannot give 5 stars is that I needed to buy another seat for my second baby, but found out from Britax that the tether strap cannot be moved to the opposite side of the shell due to the SICT. It's a shame as this seat is marketed as being able to fit 3 across, but when the tether is not on the closest side to the door, it makes loosening and re-tightening a bit tricky.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Brooke, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review and feedback. If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Jen50
Jen50SYDNEY

Great car seat

This is our first time buying a car seat and was recommended by a friend. The seat is secure, cushioned and comfortable for a 6 month old. Love that it can be used to children up to 4-5 years and is convertible as well. The seat fits comfortably in our mid size SUV. The fabric also feels lovely and no complaints so far!

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Jen50, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Lita
LitaLake Macquarie

Perfect for small cars

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Lita, thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Jess graham
Jess graham

Larger in size but great

It definitely seems comfortable. She doesn’t sweat like her old one. With extended rear facing is great for their safe and she doesn’t complain at all. The clasp protected shifts easily though and I have accidentally pinched her with the buckle a couple of times. Easy to remove and re install in other cars. It is bulky in our prado though.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Jess, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Kelly N
Kelly NAU

The BMW of car seats

A great secure car seat. Baby fits well into car seat and seems to comfortable in it. Quite a large set up when rear facing and does mean the front passenger loses a lot of leg room.

From what we’ve been showing, very easy to adjust and change as baby grows - we just haven’t quite reached that stage yet!!!

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Kelly N, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

The best baby products in 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-best-baby-products-in-2020
Leo A Moriarty
Leo A MoriartySANDALWOOD

the right seat

The few times I have travelled without it, I miss it! The base makes life so much easier, especially when you're trying not to wake a sleeping baby while also trying to juggle a diaper bag. We have two bases (one in each car) to make life even easier! A much cheaper alternative than having two carseats! I want my little guy to stay in his infant carseat as long as possible so we can use the base longer!

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Leo, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review! . The Graphene doesn't have a separate base available, can you please give us a call on 1300 303 330 so we can discuss this with you in further detail. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Katy
KatySydney

So safe and easy to use

My child loves her special car seat. We love how easy it was to fit in a standard car (not an SUV) because of the compact size but there’s still plenty of room. She is so comfy and it’s easy to adjust the straps or height as she grows. It works well with ISOFIX in one car and just as well without in the other. We didn’t need a compact one in our second car but wouldn’t get anything else. Happily still rear facing at 14mo- safe in her Britax!

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Katy, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

gcdanni
gcdanniAdelaide

So far so good

My baby hated the car seat for the first few weeks... but he also hated anything that restricted him. He is now 6 months and sits happily for car rides. I was so scared of using a car seat as I’m terrible at untwisting seat belts and ones I have used previously with family members babies have been frustrating, this one has been super easy to buckle up every time. The head rest is easy to adjust, it did take me a few frustrating minutes to work out how to put it back down when I accidentally lifted it too high and didn’t have my partner to help, but I managed without reading a manual so that says a lot for me. Overall happy with our purchase.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi godanni, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Ver
VerClayton

Love it!

Fits in my tiny car. Easy to get baby in and out. Bamboo fabric keeps baby cool from sweating. Easy to install your self with ISO fix, it took less than 5 minutes and I’m not a handy person! They hardly go on sale but worth every dollar! Will buy again for next baby.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Ver, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Abb’s
Abb’sMildura

Safe and easy to use!!

Fantastic car seat! Super comfy for my baby, easy to install due to the ISOFIX, it has made travelling easy so far and we plan on taking it with us to America. Very happy with the safety and how compact it fits in the back of our car. Extended rear facing to help with the safety of our baby is also something we wanted when investing in a car seat and made the britax graphene the perfect seat.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Abby N, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

a79
a79Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Perfect to get 3 across in an SUV

This is a great child seat along with all the excellent features it's pretty straight forward to install and is narrow enough to allow 3 seats across in a compact SUV.
We have a cx 5 and with the arrival of our 3rd child we had to either buy a new car or new car seats so we did the latter and also bought a britax maxi guard pro and were able to keep one of our existing seats the safe and sound meridian

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi a79, thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Haiisbdbf
Haiisbdbf

Great car seat

My baby loves going for drives in this and is almost guaranteed to fall asleep in it. Easy to use, install and take out to put into another car if need by with the isofix clips. I was doing it myself and I’m a small woman. The fabric feels nice and breathable and is easy to take off and re-install on the seat for convenient washing

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Haiisbdbf, thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Roetroc
RoetrocAU

Nice seat. Super easy to install.

Chose this seat after his capsule became too small.
I like it. He is still too short to be forward facing so I am just reviewing the seat in it's rear facing mode. The installation was a doddle and literally done in under 2 mins. I was so surprised I went back to check that I hadn't missed something. No, it was just very easy (2015 Qashqai).
It seems very comfortable and protective for him.
Quibbles would be that it was hard to attach his toy so that he could play. I had to use the restraining strap and a bit of tape to stop it sliding. That same strap is quite high in my car and it is a little bit of a mission to lift him over it to get him in.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Roetoc, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Grace
GraceNewcastle

Love it

We love this car seat. Our bubs grew out of the capsule really early so we had to get a rear facing one until he was 6 months. Would highly recommend this product for anyone looking. We’ve had another in the past and felt it didn’t fit too well in the car.

Jade W
Jade WSouth East Queensland, QLD

Comfort, even for a sooky baby!

With ISO fix this car seat is breezy to install. I was a bit nervous installing an isofix car seats for the first time, but to my surprise it was super easy. I love the red and green window to show you when the isofix is tight enough. My very sooky 9 month old HATES the car, but we just purchased this last month and now our trips in the car are at least 50% happier. It’s very comfortable - obviously. Being Britax, I feel like this car seat is one of the safest rear facing car seats on the market. It fits in my Mazda 2 perfectly without compromising safety. We are in lurveeee! We are yet to clean it, but I’m sure it’ll be similar to our maxi guard pro. Thanks Britax!

Amanda
Amanda

My newborn looks super secure

Love this seat! As a new Mumma there’s so many seats to choose from but I’m so happy with my purchase! Over bumps her head doesn’t even move! I highly recommend this car seat as it’s from birth to 4 years old. We purchased ours on special from baby bunting so it was a bonus!

Msun
MsunGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very happy

It was super easy to install (I initially paid someone to do it professionally, but honestly just go on youtube and follow their instructions, a child could figure it out if you gave them candy to do it).

Looks great, luxurious feel and you can tell it's well made. Solid when installed.

Definitely trust this brand to protect my child.

BELINDA
BELINDAMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

What a space saver

Purchased from Baby Bunting. the staff explained how is is the smallest car seat for compact cars. they were not joking. Reward facing saves space in compact cars so you are able to seat a passenger.Very easy to install yourself. My son and I did it in no time. Baby loves the car seat.

ALall
ALall

Excellent and very comfortable!!!!!

I bought it from baby buntings and got the seat fitted by the Britax certified fitters. To fit this seat in your car (if you car is hatch) then you may need a small extension (strap) to lock it from the bottom of the seat and can be bought in baby buntings for an extra cost ( Approx.$15.00).
MY new born baby (3 days old) was very comfortable in this seat when I places her for the first time leaving hospital. While placing the baby it is very Easy to lay the baby in the seat and also to tighten and lossen the stap. Very comfortable and cozy. Had an incident of milk spill but no stain( Milk spill was only 20ml).
Highly recommended and very comfortable for baby.

Mel
Melasked

Hi, we have our 8 month in the rear facing position and she seema to long for it. Is there a way to adjust the recline

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Mel, thanks for your question. The seat will need to remain in most laid back/reclined postilion when in rear facing. We suggest that you remove the infant insert (if not already done). If you have any further questions, please feel free to email au-support@britax.com
Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Jeuel B.
Jeuel B.asked

Hi I have just purchased two graphene’s for my 5 month old twins. We have had them installed reward facing and now am inconvenienced by the tether strap on the right hand side seat when tightening and loosening the strap as you have to reach over the seat. Is there away of dealing with this ?

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Jeuel B. Thanks for your question. You can have the tether strap changed to the other side on the Britax Safe-n-Sound Graphene by an accredited car seat fitter such as one of our repair agent or the Baby on Board fitters who are based at Baby Bunting stores. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Kate A.
Kate A.asked

I recently purchased a britax graphene car seat. However my newborn looks too small for the seat and doesn’t have a lot of head support. Is there another insert that can assist with this?

Paul4287
Paul4287

I am just a happless consumer all I can tell you my experience. Ours came with an insert for newborns. He is 55 cm long and fits snuggly as it goes.
In fact under this insert was hidden a notice that said adjustment is under here. Yes, I found a hole in the plastic base where you put your fingers down and flip what looks like a webbing belt clip. I did not find this notice till I pulled the seat out of the car and started investigating. ( $45 installation my wife wasted). You cant see this sign when trying to place the baby in the seat. I note other models have round button you press.
The other thing I dont like; is those straps that are more or less at the top of it and go down the back of the seat to an anchor point... they make it so the baby has to e lifted over or through them.
What on earth is ISOfix ? It is corporate speak for metal loop. (its attached to the floor accessed through seat squab gap)

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

HI Kate, thanks for your question. You can use the Britax Unity comfort insert as this product has been tested and approved to the car restraint accessory standard and is safe for use with your Britax Safe-n-Sound Graphene - https://britax-au.myshopify.com/collections/car-seats/products/britax-unity-comfort-insert kind regards, the Britax team.

See all Britax Safe-n-Sound Graphene questions

Get an answer from our members and Britax Safe-n-Sound representatives

Product features:

• Full, secure, well-rounded protection with Torso Side Impact Cushion Technology™ - SICT™ and Active Head Restraint (AHR)™
  • A great, compact and slim-fitting design to work around large families and limited spaces
  • A versatile convertible baby car seat that can be used from birth until 4 years of age
  • THERMO5® Bamboo fabric to keep your child as comfortable as possible during long rides

Reviewers particularly loved:

• Slim fit - for smaller cars, this is a great alternative to other Britax convertible baby car seats. People have found that they can fit multiple in their car in the case of twins or young siblings and still sit comfortably in the front passenger seat.

• ISOFIX compatible - the installation and uninstallation process is very easy allowing for seamless transition between cars.

• Like most Britax products, the car seat is made with the strongest regulations in mind and is extremely safe to use, providing full head and body protection in the event of a crash.

• The Safe-n-Sound Graphene is very easy to clean as the covers can be detached easily.

• The product is a convertible model with the ability to transition from rearward-facing to forward-facing as your child grows. In addition, the headrest and harness are adjustable.

• Reviewers often comment that their toddlers fall asleep very easily in this seat and admire the comfort Britax Safe-n-Sound Graphene provides.

CategoryBaby Car Seats