Britax Safe-n-Sound Graphene

Britax Safe-n-Sound Graphene

See the Best Baby Car Seats in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Britax Safe-n-Sound

Pros

• Slim fit

• ISOFIX compatible

• Robust and sturdy build

• Comfortable for children

• Adjustable head restraint and harness

Cons

• Premium price

• Safety
  • Ease of Installation
  • Ease of Height Adjustment
Max
MaxSouth East Queensland, QLD

Quality and safe

Has been a good car seat since my son was about 6 months old. The few issues I have encountered are, the cover is sometimes difficult to remove and wash, the tightening mechanism sometimes gets stuck and you aren't able to fully tighten, the chest/waist straps sometimes get twisted within the seat itslelf and are difficult to untwist quickly.
All in all, it has been a quality product and I could recommend this to other parents.

Purchased at Baby Bunting for $449.00.

EsjaySouth East Queensland, QLD

Unsafe - buckle has come unclipped whilst car in motion on 4 occasions

Petax
Petax

Faulty and dangerous

Upon putting my rear facing daughter into her seat I noticed the harness straps were super loose. They released on their own. Pulled strap to tighten and nothing, back to loose. The mechanism to hold the belt tight had failed. Thank goodness it didn’t fail while driving or in an accident! Super dangerous.
So I messaged britax and their solution was to return it to them and forfeit having a seat for my child.
Not really good enough. I’m so disappointed in the seat to begin with (compared to infasecure Quattro it’s just not even in the same ball park) given it failed in its most basic job, to restrain. But the customer support is lacking. Sending my seat away and being left with nothing isn’t good enough britax.

Purchased in July 2018.

Sonia
Sonia

Easy to use and get baby safe and secure

Best car seat purchased so far. I have had other brands but are not so user friendly to adjust once you get baby in the seat. I would highly recommend this baby seat to anyone looking at purchasing one

Purchased in May 2018 at Belrose super centre for $550.00.

Christina
ChristinaIllawarra, NSW

Nice and Safe for Kia Rio

Car seat was really simple to set up in small Kia Rio for 2 month old. She hated the capsule but seems to be much happier in the car seat.
I love how simple it is to change the strap height. The seat can stay installed in the car and there is an easily accessible handle to lift the strap height whereas many other seats need to be removed and re threaded through the new level.
The obvious padding really impressed my partner and I as our daughter is quite small so we wanted to make sure there wasn’t too much movement. Fabric is really nice and breathable.
Only annoying part is that the strap loosener gets stuck sometimes when getting my baby out of the car but overall this is a really great product and worth the money for long term use.

Purchased in February 2020 at Baby Bunting for $459.00.

Nat
Nat

Great seat but a bit fiddly to loosen straps

Overall a great seat with excellent safety features and our baby seems to love it. The straps are a bit fiddly to loosen which makes it a bit difficult getting bub in and out but with practice it is easier. We love that it is a compact seat that doesn't take up too much space in the car

Purchased at Baby Bunting Physical store.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Nat, thank you for taking the time to leave your review and valuable feedback. If there is anything we can assist you with in future, please feel free to contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Beanie
BeanieSydney

Very tight fit for a newborn

Purchased in November 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $450.00.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

The baby product awards for 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-baby-product-awards-for-2020
Allan
Allan

Perfect for the children value for money

Told lots of friends about him bought one from where I am child nothing but quality all the way around if ever needed which I don't think I have a we'll I would buy one again but I think this one will see two or three about children that will come in the future

Purchased in January 2018.

Disappointed
DisappointedVictoria

Very disappointed

Purchased in June 2019.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi There, thank you for taking the time to leave your review and feedback on the Safe-n-Sound Graphene. Please feel free to contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330 so we can further assist you. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Tim W.
Tim W.Perth, WA

Good but bulky

Good car seat, but if you have a small car you will need to move the front seat quite far forward to have it fit properly when rear facing. But piece of cake to install.

Purchased in September 2019.

Ryan S.
Ryan S.

Very compact

I bought this for my BMW 125i because I needed a very small seat. It does the job but the Millennia is much easier to use in terms of loading the baby and adjusting the belts.

Purchased in October 2018.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Ryan S. Thank you for taking the time to leave a fantastic review and your feedback. If there is anything we can assist you with in future, please feel free to contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Hardik
HardikGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Love it!

Love everything about it, it feels baby is safe and supported well. although my 9 months old seems very uncomfortable with straps being so tight around her also I feel needs to be forward facing now which is too soon for my expectations. I was hoping to turn her forwards after 1 year atleast.

Purchased in July 2018 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $450.00.

LynL
LynLGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good but could be perfect

I had to take out the infant insert for my 2.5month old, it became snug very quickly. Baby seems comfy in it. however, both straps need to be pulled at the same time when tightened to prevent tangling.
Front seat space still roomy with the car seat installed directly behind it.

Purchased in June 2019 at Baby Bunting for $428.00.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi LynL, thanks for taking the time to leave a great review. If we are able to assist with anything in the future please feel free to contact on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Safe-n-Sound team.

tawhid
tawhidSydney, NSW

Top product

It's very safe and comfortable as well. You can rely on and is an excellent product for your kids. I am using this item for a long time . Never had any issues

Purchased in May 2016.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi tawhid, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. If we are able to assist with anything in the future please feel free to contact on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Safe-n-Sound team.

Doesn’t sit right

I bought this one cause of the narrow base. What I didn’t realise is that it’s not a flat base so i have had issues trying to get it to sit back flat enough for my newborn to be safe. At the moment I have my 20 month in it and as she is old enough to walk etc it’s not an issue for her.
My new baby is due soon and I have spoken to countless people and fitters and they say it’s all installed perfectly.
However, it is way too upright for a newborn.
It doesn’t sit flush against the seat and no matter how may rolled up towel you use (as suggested by fitters), soon as you pull the anchor strap it just pulls the seat upright again.
I wish I had of stuck with the millennia like I did with my first. This new one is nothing but trouble

Alisha B
Alisha Basked

I have misplaced my new born insert and wish to use my current seat for my newborn - do you sell the new born inserts seperately?

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Alisha, thanks for your question. We don't sell the newborn insert as separately however we do have the Britax Unity Infant Comfort insert which is able to used as this has been tested and approved the Australian Standard for Child Restraint Accessories - https://britax-au.myshopify.com/collections/car-seats/products/britax-unity-comfort-insert kind regards, the Britax team.

Kelly B.
Kelly B.asked

Hello where can I find the serial number on the graphene car seat?

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi kelly B. Thanks for your question. The serial number and manufacturing sticker are located on the inside of the seat, close to where the crotch buckle slots into the seat. If you are having difficulty finding this, please email au-support@britax.com so we can provide you with a photo to assist you further. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Rebecca F.
Rebecca F.asked

I have a Britax Graphene for my 13week old baby. He is quite big though (8kgs) and the newborn insert looks very tight/snug around him now. I am just wondering when I should remove this insert? When I remove it, there’s enough space on either side of him to place his arms down between his body and the side of the car seat.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Rebecca, thanks for your question. We would recommend that the padded insert may be used for smaller babies in rearward facing mode. Discontinue the use of the padded insert if there is insufficient room for the child or shoulders have reached the lower shoulder height marker. If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to contact us at au-support@britax.com. Kind regards, the Britax team.

See all Britax Safe-n-Sound Graphene questions

Get an answer from our members and Britax Safe-n-Sound representatives

Product features:

• Full, secure, well-rounded protection with Torso Side Impact Cushion Technology™ - SICT™ and Active Head Restraint (AHR)™
  • A great, compact and slim-fitting design to work around large families and limited spaces
  • A versatile convertible baby car seat that can be used from birth until 4 years of age
  • THERMO5® Bamboo fabric to keep your child as comfortable as possible during long rides

Reviewers particularly loved:

• Slim fit - for smaller cars, this is a great alternative to other Britax convertible baby car seats. People have found that they can fit multiple in their car in the case of twins or young siblings and still sit comfortably in the front passenger seat.

• ISOFIX compatible - the installation and uninstallation process is very easy allowing for seamless transition between cars.

• Like most Britax products, the car seat is made with the strongest regulations in mind and is extremely safe to use, providing full head and body protection in the event of a crash.

• The Safe-n-Sound Graphene is very easy to clean as the covers can be detached easily.

• The product is a convertible model with the ability to transition from rearward-facing to forward-facing as your child grows. In addition, the headrest and harness are adjustable.

• Reviewers often comment that their toddlers fall asleep very easily in this seat and admire the comfort Britax Safe-n-Sound Graphene provides.

CategoryBaby Car Seats