Britax Safe-n-Sound Unity NEOS

Britax Safe-n-Sound Unity NEOS

From Newborn this is pretty much a must

We are now using this for baby #2 and still love it and strongly (and frequently) recommend it. The reason for 4* rather than 5 is because I felt there was still room for improvement (listed below).
We have the Black version with bamboo material which was a nicer texture than the other but at time of purchase the same price.

Both babies have loved this and for the most part have slept in it for the entire duration of most journeys so it is obviously quite comfortable! (Just did a trip to the coast and hour each way and not a peep)

The primary reason we went for this one initially was ease of use.
Once the permanent base is installed the process of getting the capsule in and out of the car literally takes seconds click in/eject out.
As the child is already strapped into the capsule it provides additional protection between the home and the car (We have some pretty lethal steps outside our house). Also if the baby is asleep then it is better to get them out indoors which simply isn't possible with a regular car seat.

I wasn't as keen on the Britax push chair base so we use the Britax Capsule on the Baby Jogger - City Select Stroller push chair base with some adaptors ($60 but worth it as they make a fantastic combo) and with the chair component from the Baby Jogger it means we now have a pram/buggy that can take both kids at the same time. By the time our second born needs to upgrade our firstborn will no longer need it. So on the push chair front we are pretty much home and dry.

We normally use this in our Subaru Outback but have managed to fit it + 4 adults into a Nissan Micra hire car. It didn't impact leg room for the front passenger too much either though the person in the back middle wasn't so comfortable :-).

My only criticisms are: (Mostly irritations/room for improvement rather than problems - Hence 4 stars)
- The hood was never quite the same after being washed following an impressive puke (It went all limp)
- Installing the base is a bit of a faf. Though thankfully not a frequent requirement
- Trying to get the restraining strap into the bits at the back is not easy especially with a limp hood.
- The buckles can some how end up twisted through 180degrees. This is difficult to fix.
- It is sometimes difficult to release the straps

Purchased at Mother Goose for $475.00.

Safety
Ease of Installation
Ease of Carrying
Car ModelSubaru Outback BS (2014-Present)
Pram TypeBaby Jogger City Select

The perfect capsule if you don’t plan on moving the base

I was thinking of getting to black version with ISO technology and also it has the bamboo fabric which is super soft but was told by the sales assistant that I wouldn’t need it since the ISO is good if you plan to move the car seat which we don’t. It’s super easy to get baby in and out, and it’s very sturdy!

Hi Mika, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Very easy to connect with pram

I bought this so I could use it as a travel system on my Steelcraft Agile Elite pram (dark chambray). Very convenient to click in and out of the pram but now the hood on the pram does not cover over the capsule leaving the baby's head facing and exposed to the elements. I am now looking for a brand new pram so the hood covers the capsule and matches it. I had to buy a new capsule as the travel system adapters did not actually fit with the pram it came with.

Hi Riara, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

The perfect capsule travel system

Before Bub was born while shopping for a pram we were looking for a travel system option where it can be used until baby is one year. Most of the capsule were looking at were upto 6 months and we wanted something to use for a little bit longer. The lady at our local baby bunting suggested unity neo which is a travel system compatible with any Britax series. We had decided to go for a steelcraft strider compact pram and bought a pair of connectors/receivers. Easy to carry lightweight capsule and matches perfectly with our Dark chambray steelcraft pram. The sit has been professionally installed by the people at baby bunting for $45. Our Bub was born a little early and so we were anxious to carry him in the capsule which looked quite big for a small Bub. However it was perfect for small babies with their newborn insert. Bub did fit perfectly from day 1 and still does at 10 months. I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a travel system, go for the unity neo especially if your Bub is going to be on the smaller side or you want a capsule sit with a rear facing option until Bub is around one year.

Hi Kashaam, thanks for taking the time to leave such a fantastic review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.Thank you!

This has been amazing!

My baby and family has loved this from birth and still using at 9 months. She has her best sleeps in it when she falls asleep in the car and then Cary her inside! Easy to put in and pull out, easy enough to just have one base between my car and dads, we haven’t even needed to buy a second base.

Its ok not the best

Not that easy as often i have fix the hood. It is compatible with my car and pram with an adapter. Not so easy to install and leaving untidy belt. My baby did fit securely but didnt look comfy particularly after the hip braces fitted on. Overall it is ok but wishes that i purchase another product that has practicl hood and rain cover attached.