Steelcraft Strider Compact

Steelcraft Strider Compact (page 2 of 7)

Pennylou

PennylouMelbourne

Good and sturdy but heavy

What I liked about this pram: all the attachments are universal, it is sturdy, easy to fold, easy to steer.
What I didn't like: bulky (even the compact model), a bit heavy to lift, how low the toddler seat is.
I used it for 2 years and yes I would recommend the brand.

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Pennylou, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Michael

MichaelMelbourne

The 'Camry' of prams

Good and reliable and decent quality. A little big to fit in a small car, although possible.
I often go on 5+km walks and runs with this pram and have had no issues.
It is also good that you can buy the second seat if you plan on having another baby within a few years.

krislang

krislangCairns

Best secondhand purchase!!

Super happy with my less than 2 year old, secondhand Strider! So many neat features like multiple storage pockets, easy seat adjustments and a large hood that covers top to toe. It fits in my 2011 i30, but only just. It takes up the majority of the boot, and I've had to take apart the seat from the frame to get it in neatly. Turning is something to adjust to after going from a pram which used a reversible handle for parent facing instead of this prams reversible seat.
One negative I've found so far is it has an easy tendency to topple sideways if I'm not careful.

Em123

Em123Taree

Perfect

I got this pram with second seat when my #3 child was born, and it was a life saver! I walk my #1 child to school and back so was super easy to put #2 & #3 in and was great to push on grass, gravel, road, pavers and pathways as well as manoeuvring around shops. We still use it daily for walking 2yrs later.

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Em123, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Kendall

Kendallchinchilla

absolutely love it!

bought this while on sale, its lighter than the original strider. easily folds up with seats on or off, fits in 4x4s and small boots.seat lays back enough for a newborn and the material used seems durable as well as soft and comfortable. great customer service through britax. definitely cannot fault this pram

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Kendall. thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Jessica c

Jessica c

Worth the money

I bought this second hand in great condition. Even brand new I’d say this pram would be worth the money. It’s sturdy, moves smoothly, usually pretty easy to fold (sometimes a little awkward) but not hard at all to figure out. I have a Mitsubishi Outlander and I’d say it takes up the whole boot nearly. I dump all my shopping on top of it. It’s over two years old and still in great condition.

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Jessica c, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

knickerzQueensland, Australia

Perfect for the growing family.

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Kmickerz, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

knickerz

Anytime, genuinely loved it. However I have just seen all my horrible typos as I posted it from my phone, super embarrassing.

Support C.Steelcraft

Nevermind we know what you were trying to say, enjoy the rest of your day!

Flick

FlickLaunceston

Good pram

Easy to push and get around, it’s hard to get the back of the seat to adjust when my baby sleeps and my zip always jams.
Other then that I’m happy it doesn’t take up to much room in the boot, good sun shade, and the height of the handle isn’t to high.

Deen

DeenAuckland

Please help!!!!!

so I bought a strider plus pram second hand from my sister inlaw but one of the wheels is making a clicking noise when pushing the pram and it is so annoying. How am I able to stop this clicking noise? It sounds as if the brakes is still on but the brakes aren’t on? Also the brakes on the pram controlling both the from tire and back tyres are not responding too. How am I able to fix this please? As I really love this pram. PLEASE HELP ME FIX THISSSS!!!!!!!

Rob

Rob

awesome

easiest pram I've ever pushed and definitely the most solid
it is bit heavy and bulky once folded but im not complaining definitely heaps of room and the option to have two seats is defiantly a plus when the oldest starts to get bit tired on walks

thanks again very happy

NewMum17

NewMum17

Love It !!

I'm so im love with my compact. It is so versatile , easy to push & quite light. Only negative is the pram is a bit wide the wheel guards seem to get caught in narrow isles. Love that you can also add a scooter to the side for older children. I give my score 4/5.

Erin W

Erin WIpswich

Nice pram

This pram is easy to fold and unfold with the seat still attached. I find it is a heavy pram though and find that other people (mother or sisters) who get it out for me struggle to unfold it. All together I am happy with this pram as I have been using it for over 2 years now for 2 children and haven’t had any dramas

Kirby D

Kirby DSydney

Loved it

Easy to move , I was happy with it but it was expensive. I would however recommend it as it definitely is great quality. Unfolding & carrying was easy but I did find it more heavy than initially I wouldn’t have thought the weight would be as heavy as it was.

tinuolakestreasure

tinuolakestreasureUmina Beach

Not really compact

Pram itself is a great pram however I upgraded from strider plus to the compact believing its was smaller and more compact however to my surprise there really isn’t a great difference in the size so it’s really isn’t very compact. I’m a bit disappointed that I wasted my money

Beth

BethNortheast, VIC

So bulky and annoyingly put together!

Great steering, comfortable for toddler. Extremely annoying to have to take it apart to put in boot. Is a frustrating job to have to do especially if you do it more than once in a day. It takes up so much room that if I have it in my boot. Nothing else fits in there ! (Mazda3 sedan)

Eloise

EloiseBrisbane

Great pram. Just heavy

I love my Strider Compact. It is on the heavier side for prams, however nothing is lighter or cheaper, or slimmer to do all of the above!
- second seat compatible
- capsule optional
- larger 4 wheels - foam filled with suspension
- sturdy
- easy to fold
- great to steer

JessMillRuff

JessMillRuffCanberra

Found it fantastic for our son

We love this pram, we used it with the capsule and once our son was older we moved to having him in the seat. I loved that i could swap the seat around to face me without changing the handles over like some others do. I do find sometimes it takes that few extra minutes to take the seat out and then fold the pram (the store lady stated to do this to fold more compact) but otherwise it's a great pram!!

tash

tashtownsville

Second seat hood does not protect baby from sun

I purchased this pram for my first child and loved it. Its sturdy, easy to fold a little heavy and big but i was happy with overall product. Until i had my second baby and i purchased the second seat. When i did purchase the second seat the lady explained that it is recommended to put your newborn in the second seat below. However it wasn't until i purchased the seat that i realized the baby gets no sun protection from the hood. I would not of brought this pram if i knew this. I did call them however i don't feel that my concern will be followed up due to the fact no one got my personal details. So if you are planing on having more children and using the second seat this pram is not ideal.

Saurabh Sharma

Saurabh SharmaSydney

Excellent pram. Sturdy, yet flexible and convenient.

The pram is extremely tough, It can handle pretty much anything you throw at it. I have had it for 1 year now. Absolutely love it. It is flexible and very convenient to use. Thee lock works perfectly and the colour options are great too. I got a gray colored, but there are plenty to choose from.

Sam

SamSydney

4 years and still going!!!

Very strong and durable quality. I have the second seat as well which makes it very handy for baby and toddler. However it’s very heavy to carry to car boot. A bit bulky when shopping around especially the back weels a bit wide. Had it for 4 years and still works well. Easy to clean all fabric materials can get off and machine washable.

See all Steelcraft Strider Compact reviews