Steelcraft Strider Compact

Steelcraft Strider Compact (page 2 of 21)

Strider Compact Deluxe Edition and Strider Compact

Average

The only positive I’ve found from this pram is that my son is comfortable in it and the suspension is good but apart from that it just seems to be problem after problem. Within the first few days of purchasing it I had to take it back due to the seat attachment getting stuck on which that got replaced and then a few weeks later the front wheels became super squeaky almost like a plastic rubbing against plastic kind of sound, I took it back and it got sent away for repair (almost 2 week turn around) it was alright for the next month or so and now it’s back to the way it was before it got sent away (squeaky again) I’ve only had the pram for 7 months!

Hi Caitlin, thanks for taking the time to leave a review and we're sorry to hear about your experience. Please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330 if you would like us to follow up on this for you. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Best pram!

I tried so many prams out and chose this over all! So easy to fold away and put together and to adjust. Such a great pram to use everywhere and anywhere! A lot of space in the bottom to put things in. Would recommend it to anyone looking for a easy to use pram.

Hi Ash33, thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Second seat

Hi,
Was wondering I purchased a 2016 steelcraft strider compact silver and found out it's been discontinued.
Is there a possibility that I can still purchase the silver second seat compact not the deluxe model range.
I am very particular and want to keep the same colour as my first seat.

Hi Clare, thanks for your question, the Strider Compact second seat - silver is no longer available however the Strider Compact Deluxe Edition second seat is compatible with your stroller. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.If I had the 2016 strider compact frame still wanting to use that frame. But wanted to purchase the black main seat and second seat can that be done and how much pleaseThanks for your reply Clare, the main seat/frame for the Strider Compact range isn't available as a separate item.

Regretful purchase

Purchased this pram after reading mixed reviews and now wish I hadn’t! Handling is atrocious and I only have one child in it at the moment as the matching second seat was out of stock at my local baby store (which I’m now pleased about as I’ve saved wasting more money!)
It feels like your going to snap the pram in half when attempting to manoeuvre up the smallest step. It’s wide and heavy to push compared to other brands. Baby appears to be quite comfortable in the pram which is the only positive. Overall this pram doesn’t manoeuvre easily and feels heavy (bulky) when pushing it.
Hoping to sell and go back to the brand I had for previous child but in their double version

Hi MJM, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We're sorry to hear that you're unhappy with your stroller please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330 if you would like to discuss this with us. Steelcraft products have a 24 month repair warranty, which covers faulty materials & workmanship when used under normal conditions for the warranty period. We will repair the products free of charge within 24 months of purchase however they will need to inspect to see if they are covered by our warranty. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Good versatile pram

Bought one of these second hand & mostly love it
Purchased this model as hasn’t height adjustable handles (partner and I are both tall) and that it could hold both basssinet and a seat; which can both be adjusted to forward and rear facing as well as reclines to 3 stages.
Easy to collapse and set up.

Downfall - back wheels are wider than the pram so often you’ll fit through somewhere only to bang the back wheels on something.
Removing the seat / bassinet to collapse - means you need to take it off, put it on the ground and then collapse the frame to load into car & then Place seat on top- not great when it’s wet/ dirty ground.

Hi SuzieQ, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review! The newer model have the adjustable height handle and we have also trimmed approx. 2cm off the width. If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

love hate relationship with this pram

I bought this pram about 3 years ago and only used it for about three months and then only needed a single pram so it has hung in my garage for almost its entire life. I now need a double pusher again so have pulled it down to use it again. I have the steelcraft capsule so I love how easy that is to use with the pram but my baby isn't too keen on the angle of the capsule so prefers to lay flat when not in the car and the seat doesn't allow for 'a want to lay flat' newborn, so I hate that aspect. I am faced with either buying the bassinet, which I don't think is worth it for the short time she will be in it or finding a different solution. When I pulled the pram down, I discovered the footwell was broken so went online to see how to go about fixing it and was surprised to find that this is a common malfunction and the only way to remedy it, is to buy a whole new seat frame which is frustrating. I would not buy this pram again and am disappointed that after I spent so much on it, it hasn't come up to my full expectations.
After I posted this review, I then found out that I cant use the bassinet and the bottom seat at the same time so there goes that idea - I am extremely disappointed with the whole pusher.

Hi Anndee, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! You mentioned that your footrest is broken, this can be repaired by one of our authorised repair centres. If you would like to give us a call on 1300 303 330 we will be able to point you in the right direction. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Comfy ride

I bought this pram after reading a lot of mixed reviews. It's a very light weighted, easy to fold, comfortable pram. The best feature is reversible option, we can keep changing the position as per our requirement. Since the day we bought it, my Kid truly enjoy sitting in her pram. Highly recommended.

Hi Isha, thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Difficult to manoeuvre compared to other brands

Found this pram difficult to manoeuvre, clunky to push around, get up or down one small stair, turn around in a small space, or move through a shop for example. Also extremely squeaky. I have to lift up the pram to get it to move in the direction I want.

Hi Michelle, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! Please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330 if you would like to discuss your stroller with us. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.Thank you Steelcraft. In April 2018 I got the pram shipped by steelcraft to a repairer for the above and a malfunctioning hood. All was fixed and customer service was 10/10 but now the above problems exist again... I just feel like it will continue until my warranty runs out so not sure what to do.Thanks for your reply Michelle, please give us a call on 1300 303 330 so we can point you in the right direction.

Squeaky and rattles

Wanted to love this pram as had all the features I was after- INterchangable with car capsule, large basket underneath, adjustable handle height- but all of that didn't matter when u have a newborn and a squeaky wheel- people could hear us coming - and his did not help any sleep! Shop gave us a loaner whilepram was being fixed- came back unfixed, was replaced, next pram rattles when's pushing baby back and forth to get to sleep, shop suggested silicone spray which helps a little bit has to be resprayed every few weeks and has a strong smell- not ideal for a new pram and new born baby-think about how you will use he pram and give it a good back and forth rock in the shop before buying!

Hi Dani, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! It certainly doesn't right, is it possible for you to please give us a call on 1300 303 330 so we have your stroller returned to our head office for a full assessment? Thanks in advance, kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Bad design of soft wheel material

Brand new pram purchased from Baby Bunting. Otherwise good pram. Placed in boot of car and front wheel must have leant against something solid resulting in about a 1cm deformation of the circumference of the soft tyre. Now goes thud/thud continuously when rotating - unusable. Recommended heat treatment did not improve. Called Britax. They advised they product manual says to not allow pressure on wheels continuously when stored, therefore not covered under warranty so had to buy a replacement wheel. A known design problem. Retailers like Baby Bunting should warn customers, but if they did no-one would buy this product.

Hi Freelancer1956, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Perfect!

I love the Strider Compact Deluxe! Since the day we bought it, it has had a nice smooth ride, is strong and sturdy. I love the large wheels which are great on all kinds of terrain. The seat is extremely comfortable and the newborn pack has been fabulous (we still haven't removed it at 10 months)! The fabric is great quality, always looks nice and is easy to wipe clean if there are any spills. I would recommend this pram to any new mum!!

Hi Liz, thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Question a little annoyed

Just wondering if there is a way I can replace the top seat as the foot rest on mine has snapped and it’s only 8months old? My sister in-law purchased the pram for me so I don’t have a receipt for it which is so frustrating I also can’t send it off as I don’t have a spare pram for the mean time and with 2 kids I need my pram!

Hi Liz, thanks for your question. Baby Bunting should be able to assist you with a copy of your purchase receipt, the footrest pivots are not normally cover under warranty as in our experience that only way these break is when excessive weight is applied. If you'd like to give us a call we would be happy to provide you with your nearest specialist repair centre detail. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

I love it...

I love this pram with the second seat. It is so easy put up and down once you learn how. No heavier than any other pram. Sun shades are great as they cover most of the baby/child. It has so many accessories. The large basket underneath is amazing. The large, wide seat makes it perfect for older children too.

Hi Natashameg, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Sturdy, smooth and cosy but bulky.

Bought this pram after reading a lot of mixed reviews. This pram is strong, sturdy and has large wheels which make it easier to use on rough terrain. The seat has good padding and my baby is so comfortable in it. It has got 2nd seat option which is useful for people with a toddler and a baby. The basket underneath is so spacious. Has got rain and sun covers. The cons of this pram is that it is too bulky. The frame alone is around 10kg and it is not at all compact when folded. It is also not easy to fold with a single hand. Also it doesn't recline completely for a newborn. It comes with a newborn insert but still not flat. Not very stylish as well.

Hi Rj, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Perfect pram for 2 bubs

It's a great pram when you have a toddler and a new born. I used this pram when I had my first child and added the second seat once my second bub was born. Its quite spacious and the material is pretty good. It also comes with range of colors to choose from. It's also easy to clean.

Hi Naz, thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Perfect for two!

I purchased my steelcraft strider compact deluxe with second seat and it is perfect for two under 2!
The material is luxurious and easy to clean, the handling is a breeze and folding is simple and easy.
I love the suspension and the large storage basket too, and I would recommend this to any mumma!

Hi Ashlee, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Excellent pram and awesome follow on customer service.

Purchased the compact in 2015 and purchased the second seat with the Pram. Second seat has only been used for 12 months great overall design and it is compact for going to the shops and going out. It Doesn’t take up too much room in the car and folds down pretty flat. Excellent follow up service from the steel craft team we had a fault with the second seat and it was rectified on a timely fashion so I would defiantly purchase their products again and highly recommend this pram.

Hi Adrian, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Great pram

We like our pram, problem though is that on of the safety clips buckles is faulty and temperamental doesn't always clip in this is a real concern for me as I'd like to know my child is safely strapped in.
The wheels also squeek.

Where do I send it for warranty and in the meantime what do I do without a pram?

Hi Ave, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! Steelcraft products have a 24 month repair warranty, which covers faulty materials & workmanship when used under normal conditions for the warranty period. We will repair the products free of charge within 24 months of purchase however they will need to inspect to see if they are covered by our warranty. Please return your stroller along with your purchase receipt to your place of purchase so that they can arrange for it to be returned to us for assessment, some stores do have loan stroller available for customers to use or alternatively you can book an appointment directly with one of our fully authorised repair specialists, please see their details below: VIC, Essendon North, 3041, 03 9379 5292, SA, Seaford, 5169, 0407 600 500, QLD, Stafford, 4053, 07 3356 6089, WA, Osborne Park, 6017, 08 9444 7261, NSW, Taren Point, 2229, 1300 308 435 If you would like to go direct please give our team a call on 1300 303 330 so we can provide you with a reference number. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Love our Strider Deluxe

I love the Strider Compact Delux! I reviewed and researched a large number of prams before purchasing because of the cost I wanted to make sure I got it right the first time.

Although it is a little bulky which can make it hard to fit through doorways and small spaces, it is so smoot to push around and can easily be manouvered around corners with one hand.

I picked the strider over other prams because
- it looks like a $1800 but on special I picked it up for $599 bargin!
- I liked that the pram is rear and frontward facing (you have to take the seat out to turn it around).
- the handle height adjusting was perfect as I am average height but my partner is 6ft 3 so I needed something comfortable for both of us
- it has an easy to operate foot break
- easy to put up and down
- the under compartment is huge and has privacy zips, there are also extra compartments you can attach to the pram with is great.
- has the ability for a dual seat if we were to get pregnant again.

Only down sides I found was
- the newborn seat doesn’t recline enough for baby to have a sleep (which a lot of the prams don’t) so we had to buy the basinet component which is quite pricey considering you only use it for about 5 months, and doesn’t fold up easily to be stored in the car.
- the base is a little on the heavy side
- Im not a fan of how the hood and handle bar adjustment have two buttons that have to be operated by both hands, at the same time. It makes it kind of awkward to use and I’ve had other family and friends say how annoying it is to use.
- The basinet release from the base of the pram also gets stuck on one side so I have to push it back in on the other side and try again. It can take me a while to get it apart.

Overall it’s a great stylish pram, couple small adjustments and it would be the best pram on the market, I really like it.

Hi Mandy12, thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Fantastic Pram

Fabulous pram for all terrains. I have used it to walk the dog around a park, on dirt trails and up and down gutters. I'm very impressed with how easy it is to steer as I am frequently having to push it with one hand! The convertibility with the capsule is so easy as is the toddler seat. I love that it can give so many different options depending on my needs for the day (whether it be the baby in the capsule, the seat, the toddler alone or both children). When the toddler seat isn't on, I can fit a huge amount into the basket. Even when the seat is on and the toddler in the seat, I can still fit the nappy bag and a few items within the basket. It does take up quite a bit of room in the boot, however this is the only thing I could fault it on. Very happy we got this pram and would recommend it to others.

Hi Jodie, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.