Steelcraft Strider Compact

Steelcraft Strider Compact (page 2 of 20)

Strider Compact Deluxe Edition and Strider Compact

Squeaky and rattles

Wanted to love this pram as had all the features I was after- INterchangable with car capsule, large basket underneath, adjustable handle height- but all of that didn't matter when u have a newborn and a squeaky wheel- people could hear us coming - and his did not help any sleep! Shop gave us a loaner whilepram was being fixed- came back unfixed, was replaced, next pram rattles when's pushing baby back and forth to get to sleep, shop suggested silicone spray which helps a little bit has to be resprayed every few weeks and has a strong smell- not ideal for a new pram and new born baby-think about how you will use he pram and give it a good back and forth rock in the shop before buying!

Hi Dani, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! It certainly doesn't right, is it possible for you to please give us a call on 1300 303 330 so we have your stroller returned to our head office for a full assessment? Thanks in advance, kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Bad design of soft wheel material

Brand new pram purchased from Baby Bunting. Otherwise good pram. Placed in boot of car and front wheel must have leant against something solid resulting in about a 1cm deformation of the circumference of the soft tyre. Now goes thud/thud continuously when rotating - unusable. Recommended heat treatment did not improve. Called Britax. They advised they product manual says to not allow pressure on wheels continuously when stored, therefore not covered under warranty so had to buy a replacement wheel. A known design problem. Retailers like Baby Bunting should warn customers, but if they did no-one would buy this product.

Hi Freelancer1956, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Perfect!

I love the Strider Compact Deluxe! Since the day we bought it, it has had a nice smooth ride, is strong and sturdy. I love the large wheels which are great on all kinds of terrain. The seat is extremely comfortable and the newborn pack has been fabulous (we still haven't removed it at 10 months)! The fabric is great quality, always looks nice and is easy to wipe clean if there are any spills. I would recommend this pram to any new mum!!

Hi Liz, thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Question a little annoyed

Just wondering if there is a way I can replace the top seat as the foot rest on mine has snapped and it’s only 8months old? My sister in-law purchased the pram for me so I don’t have a receipt for it which is so frustrating I also can’t send it off as I don’t have a spare pram for the mean time and with 2 kids I need my pram!

Hi Liz, thanks for your question. Baby Bunting should be able to assist you with a copy of your purchase receipt, the footrest pivots are not normally cover under warranty as in our experience that only way these break is when excessive weight is applied. If you'd like to give us a call we would be happy to provide you with your nearest specialist repair centre detail. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

I love it...

I love this pram with the second seat. It is so easy put up and down once you learn how. No heavier than any other pram. Sun shades are great as they cover most of the baby/child. It has so many accessories. The large basket underneath is amazing. The large, wide seat makes it perfect for older children too.

Hi Natashameg, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Sturdy, smooth and cosy but bulky.

Bought this pram after reading a lot of mixed reviews. This pram is strong, sturdy and has large wheels which make it easier to use on rough terrain. The seat has good padding and my baby is so comfortable in it. It has got 2nd seat option which is useful for people with a toddler and a baby. The basket underneath is so spacious. Has got rain and sun covers. The cons of this pram is that it is too bulky. The frame alone is around 10kg and it is not at all compact when folded. It is also not easy to fold with a single hand. Also it doesn't recline completely for a newborn. It comes with a newborn insert but still not flat. Not very stylish as well.

Hi Rj, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Perfect pram for 2 bubs

It's a great pram when you have a toddler and a new born. I used this pram when I had my first child and added the second seat once my second bub was born. Its quite spacious and the material is pretty good. It also comes with range of colors to choose from. It's also easy to clean.

Hi Naz, thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Perfect for two!

I purchased my steelcraft strider compact deluxe with second seat and it is perfect for two under 2!
The material is luxurious and easy to clean, the handling is a breeze and folding is simple and easy.
I love the suspension and the large storage basket too, and I would recommend this to any mumma!

Hi Ashlee, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Excellent pram and awesome follow on customer service.

Purchased the compact in 2015 and purchased the second seat with the Pram. Second seat has only been used for 12 months great overall design and it is compact for going to the shops and going out. It Doesn’t take up too much room in the car and folds down pretty flat. Excellent follow up service from the steel craft team we had a fault with the second seat and it was rectified on a timely fashion so I would defiantly purchase their products again and highly recommend this pram.

Hi Adrian, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Great pram

We like our pram, problem though is that on of the safety clips buckles is faulty and temperamental doesn't always clip in this is a real concern for me as I'd like to know my child is safely strapped in.
The wheels also squeek.

Where do I send it for warranty and in the meantime what do I do without a pram?

Hi Ave, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! Steelcraft products have a 24 month repair warranty, which covers faulty materials & workmanship when used under normal conditions for the warranty period. We will repair the products free of charge within 24 months of purchase however they will need to inspect to see if they are covered by our warranty. Please return your stroller along with your purchase receipt to your place of purchase so that they can arrange for it to be returned to us for assessment, some stores do have loan stroller available for customers to use or alternatively you can book an appointment directly with one of our fully authorised repair specialists, please see their details below: VIC, Essendon North, 3041, 03 9379 5292, SA, Seaford, 5169, 0407 600 500, QLD, Stafford, 4053, 07 3356 6089, WA, Osborne Park, 6017, 08 9444 7261, NSW, Taren Point, 2229, 1300 308 435 If you would like to go direct please give our team a call on 1300 303 330 so we can provide you with a reference number. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Love our Strider Deluxe

I love the Strider Compact Delux! I reviewed and researched a large number of prams before purchasing because of the cost I wanted to make sure I got it right the first time.

Although it is a little bulky which can make it hard to fit through doorways and small spaces, it is so smoot to push around and can easily be manouvered around corners with one hand.

I picked the strider over other prams because
- it looks like a $1800 but on special I picked it up for $599 bargin!
- I liked that the pram is rear and frontward facing (you have to take the seat out to turn it around).
- the handle height adjusting was perfect as I am average height but my partner is 6ft 3 so I needed something comfortable for both of us
- it has an easy to operate foot break
- easy to put up and down
- the under compartment is huge and has privacy zips, there are also extra compartments you can attach to the pram with is great.
- has the ability for a dual seat if we were to get pregnant again.

Only down sides I found was
- the newborn seat doesn’t recline enough for baby to have a sleep (which a lot of the prams don’t) so we had to buy the basinet component which is quite pricey considering you only use it for about 5 months, and doesn’t fold up easily to be stored in the car.
- the base is a little on the heavy side
- Im not a fan of how the hood and handle bar adjustment have two buttons that have to be operated by both hands, at the same time. It makes it kind of awkward to use and I’ve had other family and friends say how annoying it is to use.
- The basinet release from the base of the pram also gets stuck on one side so I have to push it back in on the other side and try again. It can take me a while to get it apart.

Overall it’s a great stylish pram, couple small adjustments and it would be the best pram on the market, I really like it.

Hi Mandy12, thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Fantastic Pram

Fabulous pram for all terrains. I have used it to walk the dog around a park, on dirt trails and up and down gutters. I'm very impressed with how easy it is to steer as I am frequently having to push it with one hand! The convertibility with the capsule is so easy as is the toddler seat. I love that it can give so many different options depending on my needs for the day (whether it be the baby in the capsule, the seat, the toddler alone or both children). When the toddler seat isn't on, I can fit a huge amount into the basket. Even when the seat is on and the toddler in the seat, I can still fit the nappy bag and a few items within the basket. It does take up quite a bit of room in the boot, however this is the only thing I could fault it on. Very happy we got this pram and would recommend it to others.

Hi Jodie, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Great family pram

This is a great family pram! I have my son and we are planning for our second child and with the extra seat attachment it makes the pram just the much easier with the extra child with out too much space lost on the boot and to talk around with.
Very comfortable for my son, with the adjustment cushions for new born onwards with the option to remove them as they get older.
Great size basket and love the fact you are able to fold the pram up with the seat attached.

Hi Elizabeth, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Does its job

For a pram, the Steelcraft Strider Compact does its job, haven’t actually had any real issues with it and I’m mostly impressed with the fact thay it can be interchanged between the baby capsule and the main pram seat. However, I had to push my baby on this pram through a semi gravelled road and felt like the wheels wanted to come off, although it did not. Even walking down the street on the pavement sometimes feels a bit weird, the pram itself would steer a little side to side instead of going straight smoothly. Also, I feel like it is not as compact as labelled, there are even smaller and higher functioning prams out there.

Hi Cherry, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Prams.

Like most dads when they find it that they are having a baby, we get take around to view a suite of prams and baby accessories. Whens I was introduced to the Steelcraft Strider edition I thought ghg it was just an ordinary pram - I was wrong, now I’m hooked! It is easy to put in and out of the car, to attach the seat and manoeuvre around. Its brilliant!

Hi Mathew, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Squeaky pram

We loved everything about our pram for the first four months until it started really squeaking. It’s so irritating-everyone can hear us coming! Three of my friends have the same pram with the same issue. You also need to now pull the pram backwards before going forwards to unlock it. I will be sending it back to be fixed and/or requesting a replacement. Disappointing as everything else about the pram is great.

Hi Lauren, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. This doesn't sound right and we would like to have a look at your stroller to work out what's going on with it for you. Steelcraft products have a 24-month repair warranty, which covers faulty materials & workmanship when used under normal conditions for the warranty period. We will repair the products free of charge within 24 months of purchase however they will need to inspect to see if they are covered by our warranty. Please return your stroller along with your purchase receipt to your place of purchase so that they can arrange for it to be returned to us for inspection or alternatively you can book an appointment directly with one of our fully authorised repair specialists, please see their details below: VIC, Essendon North, 3041, 03 9379 5292, SA, Seaford, 5169, 0407 600 500, QLD, Stafford, 4053, 07 3356 6089, WA, Osborne Park, 6017, 08 9444 7261, NSW, Taren Point, 2229, 1300 308 435 If you would like to go direct please give our team a call on 1300 303 330 so we can provide you with a reference number. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Love it

After having another pram for my 1st child which was hard to wash and bulky I have loved having a strider for my 2nd child. I love how you can change the way your child is facing and it’s easy to turn with one hand. Only thing I wish is that it folded in one piece

Hi Gratefully mum, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

worth Owning.

The canopy has done a thoughtful, multifunctional panorama large skylight, three-stage canopy completely open can give the treasure to provide a separate non-scratching sleep space.Full coverage poncho oh, The rain is not afraid of the next big.Anti-rain thick Imitation leather Oxford cloth, basket function meticulous, to provide a safe and comfortable ride experience for the baby, the basket can be converted at any time, hand bending function can be adapted to different heights of people to promote, worth Owning.

Hi Brewster, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Amazing pram

I really love my pram. I love that it's easy to use, easy to push, easy to use different attachments. I used the capsule and also the second seat attachments. It does get heavy to push when both kids are in but maybe any pram would be. For a mid range price pram it's amazing:

Hi Ct90, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Love my pram!!

I absolutely love my pram so much, it is so easy to use and is not too heavy at all. The only fault I can give it is that if you do not fold the pram properly and the wheel gets stuck it forms a dint quite easily. The pram is easy to clean and fits the britax capsule on it which is perfect for us.

Hi Vic, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.