British Paints Ceiling Paint

British Paints Ceiling Paint (page 2 of 2)

toy cpCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Worst paint ever

Spent over $500 on interior/exterior paint, anti mould, bacteria, and mildew and 'wipes clean countless times' rubbish!! Apart from the walls & ceilings needing 3 coats, when you want to wipe any marks WITHOUT applying any pressure the paint comes off, thinking that maybe it didn't harden enough, still the same 1 1/2 yrs later, paint comes off on the cloth and only a damp cloth no other products...just terrible. A complete waste of money and time everything needs to get redone or you cannot clean any marks at all...
Worst paint we have ever used...

Date PurchasedNov 2014
Garth M.British Paints
toy cp

FINAL UPDATE... Thanks to Usher problem was resolved...they replaced for their other brand...hope it would be better...

Lisa

LisaLithgow NSW

3 coats and ruined

15ltr 2 coats applied, terrible. Told bunnings they said bad batch gave me another 10 litres to put a coat on, worse. We used quality rollers. Temperature was around 15 to 17 degrees so ok. I painted to walls with one coat of Dulux that same week, 10 yr old walls in the same previous color and looked great. But the ceiling in British paints ruined it. Will have to be fixed and repainted again, large room and its ruined.

GruntaGlenmore park

Worst coverage i have ever seen.

Starting 4th coat now use double the amount of paint i estimated. Very runny and hard to keep on the roller.very dissapointed after bunnings recommend this product as the best in their range. Will never buy british paints again. Two coats should have been ample what a waste of time

Garth M.British Paints
Grunta

132 dollars for 15 ltrs paint. Money wasted. Prep was done took a week. Paint was put on shaker at bunnings before purchase. Substandard product is the biggest problem here.

crap paint

worst paint i have ever used wont stay on the brush and many coats later still needs more was told it was a bunnings brand so they push it as a good quality paint dont know if its true but will never buy again Dulux for me seems what you pay is what you get.

It has good value.

Please stir well before use.
You do not stir it well before use. It works like water.
Stir well, it works fine.
I painted many ceilings with this paint it was good.
Comparing with Dulux Ceiling Paint, British protects from mould, mildew and bacteria.
Dulux requires more money for this protections.

garthBritish Paints

Hi John,
We are very happy to hear you achieved a great result with our British Paints Ceiling paint.
And as you point out, it is very important to follow the preparation instructions on the can to ensure a great finish.
From the British Paints Team.

Watered down paint

Thanks to reading these reviews, i realised it wasn't just me that didn't like this paint. I thought that this seemed like watered down paint, with no coverage, and that it would've taken more than two coats to look any good. I took it back to Bunnings, and the lady there was great and was happy to exchange.. for Taubmans.

Steve_H

Steve_H

Complete Waste Of Time And Money

Can't believe Bunnings are still selling this rubbish with not a single good review. Wish I had checked it out before buying.
Just completed bedroom ceiling with 3 coats and it looks worse than it did before. It's dull, patchy, translucent and has a yellowy tint to it. Now I'm going to have to buy a better brand and do it all again. Grrrrrr!

The MajorTasmania

Useless

Had to do 3 coats just to cover an already white ceiling and is still patchy. The paint we used on the wall is the same brand and is good but I wish I had read reviews before buying 10 litres of this rubbish. Have given up and will buy a better brand to finish the house.

The Major

Thank you so much your company has been extremely helpful in resolving this issue.
I will also say again that the paint we used on the walls was excellent.

The Major

Just an update, the company rep was supposed to call me back to arrange a refund/replacement but I never heard anything

Rubbish- don't waste your money.

I thought I must have bought a one off tin of rubbish paint that had gone off in the store until I read the reviews. I have painted many ceilings using many different brands but this one takes the prize for the worst one ever with no covering power, runs down the brush/roller and is a waste of time and effort. I am still cleaning up the drips and will have to start again using another brand.

Kdawggy

Kdawggy

Well it's the same complaint as everyone else

Had to do 7 yes I'm not joking 7 coats of paint to cover the ceiling properly. It should be labelled as "translucent"
Used dulux with no problems for the rest of the house until I ran out with one room left to do then made the mistake of buying this.

MN of Perth

MN of Perth

Thin & No Coverage & Pointless

I just chose the cheapest paint from Bunnings since I only need a small amount for touch ups - like others have said, it's like milk. Can totally see through the paint even after three to four coats - and this is to cover up light grey, almost white Pollyfylla (which is great by the way for wall & ceiling cracks).

pete2

pete2AU

Milky thin with no covering power

I bought this paint 20 years ago and it was great. Thick, white and half the price of other paints. It's still almost half the price of other paints, but it's so thin it barely stays on the brush. At least 3 coats needed to cover marks. Do not buy. I had to give it one star to submit my review.

Sharkie

SharkieSydney

Bought product before reading reviews...............

I had already bought this paint before reading others reviews was a bit nervous before starting, not one review was promising,but was very surprised,I usually use Dulux paints but looking around in Bunnings found this paint much cheaper and had no problems at all ,not thin,brushed and rolled just as good as any others I have used in the past,would definitely buy this paint again,great value $28 for 4 liters

Very thin

Can't believe this paint, I've done ceilings before with another paint (can't remember which one though) in a quick fix for a sale of a property with no probs, now painting just a small toilet with this British paint and it's like milk! Can't believe it, I am going to call bunnings to see if I can get a refund, this is just start of ceiling improvements and it will only get worse
Nothing
Thin, runny, pointless

keisha01

keisha01AU

Worst paint I've ever bought!

Like other reviewers, I found this paint ridiculously thin. It is like a thick milk to use. I thought it must've been for spray cans only, it's so thin. Useless to use for a ceiling, where you need a paint that doesn't run down your brush! I tried contacting British Paints Customer Service to get a refund, explaining that I lived in a rural area and the store I bought it from was an 80km round drive away. Their response? "You need to take it back to the store. We don't get involved in refunds"!

Too thin. Poor quality. No assistance, refund or product guarantee from manufacturer

tony maddison
tony maddison

as above,worst paint I,ve ever used,absolute garbage,4 coats to cover a light colour and still not right,but I,m over it,definitely would never use again

This paint is too thin

Purchased this paint from Bunnings Darwin yesterday and am taking it back tomorrow it is so thin it was forming droplets along the bottom of the cornice I have used lots of ceiling paint over the years and this would have to be the worst I value my time and have just wasted a lot of hours trying to use an inferior product

Its too thin does not cover properly its like using milk

First time renovator

First time renovatorAustralia

Stiff Neck Alert

Takes at least 3 coats to get a good coverage. I started painting over a light blue ceiling (sounds nice hey!!) which was in a small area of my house and the first coat was like milk going on and the second coat left it blotchy. A third coat surficed on the flat areas and the trims needed a fourth coat. I havnt tried many ceiling paints but I would probably try something else or book in to the chiro ;-)
Smells good
Coverage is not that great

Dazzle

Dazzleasked

can i thin British Paints Ceiling Paint Flat Acrylic. My 4ltr tin was right down to say 1/8th left, and my son left the top ajar (would of been a few months). Its now much more viscous. I only want to use this paint to touch up a few marks in the ceiling.

rtsironis

We can only recommend using the products in the condition they are sold.
Any alteration to the formula by the consumer can thereafter not be guaranteed.

Hi Dazzle,
We can only recommend using the products in the condition they are sold in. If you make any alteration to the formula, we cannot guarantee what the results will be like. Our recommendation would be to purchase a 100ml sample size pot of the British Paints Flat Ceiling Paint which may be enough paint to meet your touch-up needs.
Happy painting!

Plaster pro

Plaster proasked

Hi just opened a brand new 10 l of the ceiling paint with primer. It's the consistency of jelly or custard. I've stirred a small amount for 5 minutes straight it starts to loosen up by the time I'm dipping the brush in its returned to original consistency. It's been kept in a cool dry spot I purchased from Bunnings over a month ago I don't have the receipt and it's a four hour return trip. Suggestions?

toy cp

Try stirring the whole tin, as most might be settled in the bottom...if that doesn't work, take the BATCH no, its along the bottom rim of the tin NOT underneath...you have to really look for it , its NOT the bar code...that would be proof that you bought it from that shop , make sure you call them first , see if they will give you a replacement or refund, or they may say to call their office ( British Paints ) ..on.. 13 25 25 ....these are their hrs... Mon-Fri from 7:30am to 7pm (EST); Sat 8:30am to 3pm, and 10am to 4pm on Sundays

Philip_Carter
Philip_Carter

I bought a 4 litre tin and have the same issue - the paint is as thick as cottage cheese. Impossible to stir/mix and difficult to apply - tried small roller and long bristled brush. Had to change to a short bristled brush to achieve any level of success. How in God's name could you apply this paint with a sprayer, as it says on the can? You would have to remix with a large amount of water.

Get an answer from our members and British Paints representatives