British Paints Decking Oil Oil Based

British Paints Decking Oil Oil Based

max

maxSydney, NSW

easy to use,make sure to mix it well

i cleaned my deck with a napisan solution before oiling,the first coat was dry in 2 days i recoated making sure not to apply too much.the 2nd coat was dry in 2-3days and i was happy with the result iwaited approx 5months and applied another coat and am still happy with the results.

Bill

BillPerth, WA

Simply Does The Job

I chose this after much research. I used "natural" colour to enhance grain of timber decking. It went on easily with a roller after cutting in edges with a brush. I wiped of excess with a cloth ten minutes after each coat. So far, it has impressed producing a lovely dull sheen and enhancing the natural grain. It's cheaper than most other decking oils, but from my experience and others, appears to be better. Happy oiling.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
    NickBritish Paints

Hi Bill, Thanks for taking the time to review our decking oil product. We appreciate the feedback and all the best with your next project! Regards, The British Paints Team

Exact finish I’d hoped for!

I read the mixed reviews on this forum before committing to try this product. So glad I went with my gut feeling and bought it. The jetty now looks like the day it was built. Very happy with British Paints natural colour decking oil. Will definitely be buying this product for the next application.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Hi Craig,

Thanks for taking the time to review our Decking Oil product. We appreciate the feedback! All the best with your next project, The British Paints Team

Paints & Varnishes

Find out how British Paints Decking Oil Oil Based compares to other Paints & Varnishes

Great product

Hi
    Found the BP oil base decking oil easy and quick to apply. It needed to be as I have over 160 square meters of decking at various levels. Makes decking on the place look great. Unfortunately, to maintain this I have been recoating it annually; at some point the timber will become nicely saturated and this may turn into a biannual event.Just hope BP continue to make the stuff; and leave the recipe as is.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Stoffel1Perth

Surprisingly good and excellent value for money

Used it on our 2 year old deck, which had been oiled with a MUCH more expensive product. It went on easily, covered well, and made the deck look brand new again. Thee only downside is that it remained a bit sticky for a few days. It is a great product at a wonderful price. I will be using it exclusively from now on!

Date PurchasedOct 2016
    Garth M.British Paints
    Stoffel1

Thanks. Very happy with the product. Keep it up.

paul

paulmekbourne

Good value ,excellent depth of colour and coverage

best product for our decking

Excellent product at an excellent price. Have just used 12 litres, would not buy anything else for our decked verandah
    Easy to use, needed very little mixing. The oil held well on the brush and dld not splash on the walls.
    Have tried other products in the past but this has been the easiest to use with best results. Love the 6 litre can, great value

Sarah S.British Paints

wow just used this for the first time today special 6 liters for about 55 dollars at Bunnings wont use another product ever again . Fantastic oil based goes on decking like butter . I was a bit worried about using a oil based oil but I would recommend this product to anyone

Trust British Paints? - Sure can

After reading the various reviews, I went for the oil based and it was a good choice. After ensuring it was shaken/mixed properly. I had prepped the deck prior by removing old stain. It went on easily. It has brought the deck back to life and it looks a treat.

Paints & Varnishes

rwm

rwmAU

I wouldn't use anything else

BSF
    BSF

I prefer this brand as it seems to soak into the wood well and leave it with a lasting resistance to water. Cant say the same for Cabots.

See all British Paints Decking Oil reviews

s cooper

s cooperasked

Decking Oil Oil Based

hi , i want to darken the fretboard on my electric guitar , it is made out of new zealand pine , i want it be a dark walnut or teak colour ,cheers stephen

Icathler
    Icathler

Use Intergrain. Its a far superior product

DuluxBritish Paints

Hi S Cooper
    Thank you for reaching out! We suggest the following application apply 1 coat of Feast Watson Prooftint Traditional Stain http://www.feastwatson.com.au/consumer/products/product-details/1520, allow to dry, then apply Feast Watson wipe on poly http://www.feastwatson.com.au/consumer/products/interior/product-details/1512 for best protection over the stain. If you have any further projects on we here to assist you please contact our Help & Advice team on 132525 option 2. Our operating hours are from Monday to Friday 7:30am to 7:00pm and Saturday 8:30am. Hope this helps! - British Paints

Gavin K.

Gavin K.asked

Decking Oil Oil Based

We have a brand new Tallow Wood deck. How much will this oil charge the colour? We want to keep it light and golden.

James S.British Paints

Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your query, Gavin! We would love to help! Please give our Help & Advice Team a call on 13 25 25 (Option 3), and they will be able to answer all of your questions! The British Paints Team.

Marie G.

Marie G.asked

Decking Oil Oil Based

Can you use EnrichTM deck and exterior timber oil on outdoor timber furniture? The timber is teak and Keruing.

DuluxGroup A.British Paints

Hi Marie, thank you for taking the time to contact us. We’d love to help you with your project, and hope that you could give us a call at your convenience so we can ask you a few more questions. Our Help & Advice Team are reachable on 13 25 25 (Option 2), and are available Monday to Friday 7:30am to 7:00pm, Saturdays from 8:30am to 3:00pm, and Sundays from 10am to 4pm AEST. We look forward to assisting you further with your outdoor timber furniture – The British Paints Team.

Get an answer from our members and British Paints representatives