British Paints Decking Oil Oil Based

easy to use,make sure to mix it well

i cleaned my deck with a napisan solution before oiling,the first coat was dry in 2 days i recoated making sure not to apply too much.the 2nd coat was dry in 2-3days and i was happy with the result iwaited approx 5months and applied another coat and am still happy with the results.

Hi Max, Thanks for the positive review and we are glad to hear about your results. All the best with your next project, Regards, The British Paints Team.

Simply Does The Job

I chose this after much research. I used "natural" colour to enhance grain of timber decking. It went on easily with a roller after cutting in edges with a brush. I wiped of excess with a cloth ten minutes after each coat. So far, it has impressed producing a lovely dull sheen and enhancing the natural grain. It's cheaper than most other decking oils, but from my experience and others, appears to be better. Happy oiling.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Hi Bill, Thanks for taking the time to review our decking oil product. We appreciate the feedback and all the best with your next project! Regards, The British Paints Team

Exact finish I’d hoped for!

I read the mixed reviews on this forum before committing to try this product. So glad I went with my gut feeling and bought it. The jetty now looks like the day it was built. Very happy with British Paints natural colour decking oil. Will definitely be buying this product for the next application.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Hi Craig, Thanks for taking the time to review our Decking Oil product. We appreciate the feedback! All the best with your next project, The British Paints Team

Great product

Hi
Found the BP oil base decking oil easy and quick to apply. It needed to be as I have over 160 square meters of decking at various levels. Makes decking on the place look great. Unfortunately, to maintain this I have been recoating it annually; at some point the timber will become nicely saturated and this may turn into a biannual event.Just hope BP continue to make the stuff; and leave the recipe as is.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Hi, Thanks for taking the time to review our decking oil product. We appreciate the feedback, all the best with your next project! Regards, The British Paints Team

Surprisingly good and excellent value for money

Used it on our 2 year old deck, which had been oiled with a MUCH more expensive product. It went on easily, covered well, and made the deck look brand new again. Thee only downside is that it remained a bit sticky for a few days. It is a great product at a wonderful price. I will be using it exclusively from now on!

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Hi Stoffel1, This is great to hear. We are glad to hear you are proud of the finish. Just on the tackiness, this may be caused by cooler temperatures or humidity. And you have done the right thing by waiting to ensure the finish has properly set. If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to give us a call on 13 25 25 The British Paints TeamThanks. Very happy with the product. Keep it up.

Good value ,excellent depth of colour and coverage

Decking is 20 square metres under cover and 5 years old. Gave a good scrub down with decking cleaner over very faded original cheap stain over pine decking..
I was looking at water -based products but reviews were very inconsistent so decided to go for oil-based Merbau colour. Had mind set on Cabot's but was not happy with sample colours then spotted British Paints colour which appeared very good in samples. I ended up buying 12 litres which was applied with brush for edges and along walls then a lambswool applicator. First coat got soaked into the old timber quickly but on the second coat the colour was superb with just the right amount of low sheen-not glossy.I probably applied the second coat a little too heavily but after 12 hours of drying in mild weather it was settled down smoothly. It obviously smells during the drying process but it was outside. Decking now looks better than when originally done. 'Onya British Paints. First time I've ever used this brand

best product for our decking

Excellent product at an excellent price. Have just used 12 litres, would not buy anything else for our decked verandah
Easy to use, needed very little mixing. The oil held well on the brush and dld not splash on the walls.
Have tried other products in the past but this has been the easiest to use with best results. Love the 6 litre can, great value

Hi Phil, We are thrilled that you are very happy with our British Paints Decking Oil. Best of luck with your deck, and hope you plan to enjoy it over the rest of Summer. From the British Paints Team.

wow just used this for the first time today special 6 liters for about 55 dollars at Bunnings wont use another product ever again . Fantastic oil based goes on decking like butter . I was a bit worried about using a oil based oil but I would recommend this product to anyone

Trust British Paints? - Sure can

After reading the various reviews, I went for the oil based and it was a good choice. After ensuring it was shaken/mixed properly. I had prepped the deck prior by removing old stain. It went on easily. It has brought the deck back to life and it looks a treat.

I wouldn't use anything else

I have tried Cabots, Intergrain and Feast Watson brands in the Natural Decking Oil finish and found that these would leave my decking much darker than desired, and any excess is clearly visible if allowed to dry.

The British Paints Natural Decking Oil an Oil based product, unlike some of the others, and it is quite thin. I found that it can be easily and effectively applied using a 230 mm roller, with minimal roller head flex when working the oil into the deck.

Any excess does not leave the unsightly yellow marks that that I have found with other brands. It does enhance the deck without significantly changing the hue of the deck stain. It is available at a fraction of the price of the other big name brands.

No sediment or pigments were found in the bottom of the can, and only needed minimal stirring.
Inexpensive, a true oil unlike other water based products, readily available
Nothing that I could find

I prefer this brand as it seems to soak into the wood well and leave it with a lasting resistance to water. Cant say the same for Cabots.

See all British Paints Decking Oil reviews

Can you use EnrichTM deck and exterior timber oil on outdoor timber furniture? The timber is teak and Keruing.
Hi Marie, thank you for taking the time to contact us. We’d love to help you with your project, and hope that you could give us a call at your convenience so we can ask you a few more questions. Our Help & Advice Team are reachable on 13 25 25 (Option 2), and are available Monday to Friday 7:30am to 7:00pm, Saturdays from 8:30am to 3:00pm, and Sundays from 10am to 4pm AEST. We look forward to assisting you further with your outdoor timber furniture – The British Paints Team.

Hi BP - we have been leaning towards "October Brown" as an oil based for our treated pine fence, but a friend of ours has used your Timber Protect 10L brown stain. i know there is always a difference in colours between oil and water based - but is there any chart of colours BP have that i can get an idea of how close the colours are / could be. it might just have to buy a example pot

Where can I buy British Paints Oil Based Decking OIl?
Hi there! Thank you for your message! You can purchase our British Paints Decking Oil at your local Bunnings store! You can find your local store here: https://www.bunnings.com.au/stores?msclkid=dd3372996b87176052752eb034b9b240&gclid=COHA2szkyN8CFUJsvAod27QAQA&gclsrc=ds. - The British Paints Team.bunnings

CategoryPaints & Varnishes