British Paints Decking Oil

British Paints Decking Oil (page 2 of 2)

Oil Based and Water Based

I wouldn't use anything else

I have tried Cabots, Intergrain and Feast Watson brands in the Natural Decking Oil finish and found that these would leave my decking much darker than desired, and any excess is clearly visible if allowed to dry.

The British Paints Natural Decking Oil an Oil based product, unlike some of the others, and it is quite thin. I found that it can be easily and effectively applied using a 230 mm roller, with minimal roller head flex when working the oil into the deck.

Any excess does not leave the unsightly yellow marks that that I have found with other brands. It does enhance the deck without significantly changing the hue of the deck stain. It is available at a fraction of the price of the other big name brands.

No sediment or pigments were found in the bottom of the can, and only needed minimal stirring.
Inexpensive, a true oil unlike other water based products, readily available
Nothing that I could find

I prefer this brand as it seems to soak into the wood well and leave it with a lasting resistance to water. Cant say the same for Cabots.

Can you use EnrichTM deck and exterior timber oil on outdoor timber furniture? The timber is teak and Keruing.
Hi Marie, thank you for taking the time to contact us. We’d love to help you with your project, and hope that you could give us a call at your convenience so we can ask you a few more questions. Our Help & Advice Team are reachable on 13 25 25 (Option 2), and are available Monday to Friday 7:30am to 7:00pm, Saturdays from 8:30am to 3:00pm, and Sundays from 10am to 4pm AEST. We look forward to assisting you further with your outdoor timber furniture – The British Paints Team.

If you are doing 3 coats, how long do you need to wait to apply the third coat?
I have used the OIL based product and the WATER based product. The OIL based product was very good, but the WATER based product left a lot to be desired. I would not recommend it. Very thin and inefective. I switched to FeastWatson. Much Better. Three coats, each a day apart and it is still like day one. I switched to WATER based simply because the finish lasts longer.Hi Elodie, thank you for taking the time to contact us with your query! We’d love to help! Please give our Help & Advice Team a call on 13 25 25 (Option 2), and they will be able to answer all of your questions! – The British Paints Team.

Hi BP - we have been leaning towards "October Brown" as an oil based for our treated pine fence, but a friend of ours has used your Timber Protect 10L brown stain. i know there is always a difference in colours between oil and water based - but is there any chart of colours BP have that i can get an idea of how close the colours are / could be. it might just have to buy a example pot

British Paints Decking Oil Oil BasedBritish Paints Decking Oil Water Based