British Paints Rapid Dry Oil Enamel Gloss

British Paints Rapid Dry Oil Enamel Gloss

John

JohnVictoria

Never trust British paints

No wonder this has been taken off the market !!!!
It's absolute garbage !
After spending ages sanding and undercoating, the first coat goes on fine............Can't wash the brush out, as it is now stuffed. The major problem is the second coat OMG, it all crazes with in 30 mins of going on. Stuffed the whole job, all has to be stripped back and re done.

Purchased in September 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $60.00.

Painted SurfaceWood
Usage
Finish Quality
Ease of Application
Coverage
Longevity

Wazza

WazzaNorthern Region, NSW

This paint is the best ever

Absolutely loved this paint .quick drying and easy to use..Slight problem cleaning brush .small price to pay for an excellent product .sorry we can no longer buy this great paint

Jtron

JtronBusselton

Great product , very happy

I purchased this product from Bunnings , and only checked these reviews when I got,home which really worried me I had brought crap paint . However , I found the product excellent , no issues with bubbling or cracking , yellowing . I love the rapid dry , as always bits of stuff stick to enamel by the time it dries . I found it has excellent coverage . I sprayed 13 doors with it , and think most people must be using a brush . It was definatley surprisingly thin , but no thinning needed for spraying . I don’t follow instructions , just sprayed a coat , then 5 min later another, and 5 min later another and perfection

NickBritish Paints

Hi There, Thanks for taking the time to review our Rapid Dry Enamel Paint. We appreciate the feedback and all the best with your next project! Regards, The British Paints Team

very ordinary paint

Five months after completing a repaint of all architraves,skirting and doors inside house and it needs repainting again. All surfaces were cleaned prior to painting, needed 3 coats minimum to cover previous paint even then probably should have done more coats.

Now five months later no sheen at all on paint and full gloss white has turned to a shade of yellow you would expect from 15 year old painted surface . What a waste of time, effort and money. I have painted numerous homes over the years using many brands of paint and never had such a poor result.

Looks like i will be doing the whole job again, great!

Thanks Bunnings and British paints.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

San

SanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

it is really quick drying but worked using pure turp and a brush

Great for spraying

After many attempts to get some sane response from British Paints/Dulux technical staff, I gave that up as a waste of time. However, I perservered with various ratios of paint & thinners, and finally I got a great finish. I use a HVLP topfeed spraygun, #2 tip at 35~40 psi at gun and add 40% enamel fast dry thinners. I am working in my shed and temp is high 20s. Going by all the negative comments here, the wiz kidz in the tech department may not know the different application methods vs paint viscosity. Seems like this paint is a spray paint.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

This is the worse paint ever

This Paint is the worst paint ever.
Dont bother contacting customer support as their advise is to paint faster.
From the beginning to end this has caused so much more work from uneven coverage to clean up
I am now going to have to do the whole job again

I have already emailed your company 3 times and had no help at all

Hi Jane,

We have logged your feedback under the ticket number 43240. If you get the chance, could you call us on 13 25 25 and quote the above number, we will be able to assist you to finish your project. Regards, The British Paints Team

Clean Up says Turps

Read the instructions on the can before I purchased the product at Bunnings and was satisfied that it would be suitable for my project. The only problem I had was when I went to clean up my paint brushes Turps made them go gooey and I have to throw them away.I wish I had read this web review I purchased.

Disappointing

I was very disappointed in this paint. It was very thin and transparent, so had to be applied very carefully. But the worst aspect was cleaning up my brushes - as directed on the can I used turps. Nothing indicated GUM turps, with the result that the brush didn’t come clean. Like most other people who have written reviews, I will buy Dulux in future.

NickBritish Paints

blisterd undercoat, acrylic new and old enamel.

flashpainting
flashpainting
NickBritish Paints

Hi, thanks we appreciate the feedback good or bad - if you still wanted to get in contact our NZ number is 0800800424 - feel free to call us if you still wanted to talk through the project. Regards, The British Paints Team

John

JohnSydney, NSW

Rubbish

I bought this product and it was a waste of money,firstly the paint blistered and then it was drying too quickly for me to apply an even coverage.And then I used turps to clean my paint brush and it didn't work, the paint wouldn't come off the brush it went really sticky like it was an epoxy paint.I lost a good paint brush also.What a a load of absolute rubbish is this product and I am totally dismayed.

looks good at the start

was on all the trim through out the house (reno) sanded and primed looked great 8 months down the track has gone to a sh#@ shade of yellow looks like its 10 year old oil paint absolute rubbish in the process of trying to bind this paint and seal it to so i can paint all of it again cheers British paints Trust british paints sure cant !!!!!!

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Tracy

TracyPERTH

Waste of money pathetic paint

Just to warn everyone don't buy this paint. Consistency of water does not give good finish. Wasted my money can't use this paint at all. Have used British Paints for undercoat but this product is a complete fail. Very unhappy. Better off buying normal enamel and thinning it out yourself.

Anne

AnneNowra

never use again

JSR

JSRCentral Coast

Total Disaster

After renovating and repainting houses for most of my adult life I thought I knew what I was doing.
Prepared four doors to be painted as directed. The first coat on all the doors went on very easy and I was happy with the result. Left the doors 18 hours to dry and applied the second coat to one of the doors. The first coat on this door then bubbled and blistered as if I has applied paint stripper. I now have to strip back all four doors to the original and start again, needless to say it won't be British Paint Rapid Dry Oil Enamel. I don't know if this was just bad batch.The paint straight from the can is extremely thin with a consistency something close to water.

Meg

MegNarrabeen

Why is this still on the market??

Why is this product still on the market with all these terrible reviews??? I was so proud of my repainted kitchen using British Paints 4 in 1 primer which i loved working with.
Used this Rapid Dry paint as a top coat and it blistered before my eyes and took off its own primer.
I researched the product and found this review. Shame on you British Paints. Get it off the shelf until you can sort out the problem and relabel it!!

Christina

ChristinaCanberra

THE WORST OF THE WORST

First coat went on well....second coat was a nightmare! The paint has made a mess of my skirting boards and inner window sills. The paint seems to shrink up and looks like crocodile skin. I WILL NEVER BUY BRITISH PAINTS AGAIN. So much time money and effort wasted. Will be returning the $80 tin of paint back to Bunnings who recommended it to me.

Worse paint ever.

I used BP on my house ceilings excellent paint. Decided to repaint the kitchen cuboard doors. Used the BP quick dry enamel. Prepared and undercoated first coat went on great nice and smooth. Next day second coat. Paint started to booble and crack. Should be withdrawn from the market, rubbish

big al
big al

Contacted British Paints who supplied Me with a water based enamel paint No problems with it.paint

Ross

RossBrisbane

WHAT A WASTE OF MY TIME USING THIS PRODUCT

This would have to be the worst British Paint product I have used , like all the other reviews I have wasted my time and money. British paints you should be ashamed of yourselves putting this product on the unsuspecting public.
BUBBLED AND LIFTED FIRST COAT ,NO WASHUP WITH BRUSHES.

Honza