Brivis (page 2 of 6)

Brigette

BrigetteGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Don't buy a brivis heater! Unreliable product and terrible customer service

After 4 years of using a brivis heater we have spent thousands on service calls and replaced the starter motor twice. It has now faulted again only months after replacing the starter motor and not working at all. Very frustrating. We have also found the service very unsatisfactory.

Stay away from Brivis

In 2014 I replaced my old Brivis Buffalo ducted heating unit that lasted 30 years with a new Brivis BMAX BH28E. I assumed the new unit would perform and last as long as the old unit but Brivis has been replacing the motherboard every year whilst the unit was under warranty. The warranty has since expired and I am now being told I have to pay $800 to replace the motherboard. I expect this unit has a permanent fault that Brivis will not acknowledge and I recommend that anyone wanting a ducted heating system to stay away from Brivis.

Store LocationBrivis
Richard

RichardGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

30 years without a breakdown

I have just put in a new brother's buffalo ducted heating unit after our old one broke down after 30 years without giving us any trouble at all I hope this new one will be as good it sure is a lot more powerful

Rohit

RohitGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Extremely Poor Customer Service

I have a Refrigerated Cooling and Ducted Heating system that was installed in Feb/March 2017. The unit is still under warranty and need a repair.
I called Brivis on 7th May 2019 and was provided a Case Number ( # 5006F00002E7A6M) and I was advised within 48 Hours someone should get back to me. Since then I haved called them 3 times and was advised due to large number of complaints we were not unable to get a techinician.
Today is 17th May 2019, I called them again and I was advised due to system issue the job was lost and now I am back in the queue.

Have spend approx 18K on the unit and now this is the service. I have 2 small kids and we are living without heating.

Store LocationCarlisle Homes
Rinnai A.Brivis

Hi Rohit, we're sorry to hear about this and have sent a private message to discuss the matter further.

If I could give less than this I would

Lasted one winter

We built a new home and didn't get a say in who supplied the heater. It's lasted one winter and the fan has already broken. We were told to get the installer to look at it, but brivis didn't believe them and made us wait another 2 weeks for another contractor to look at it. Submitted a complaint about the fact we have now been without heating 4 weeks, no response from brivis. They clearly don't care about service or honouring their warranty

Teresa R.

Teresa R.Gippsland, VIC

If you are thinking brivis don't do it

Brivis provided a faulty heating unit that did not work from day 1. Their communication is appallingly bad. After continual calls being ignored they sent a technician who removed and completely disassembled the fan unit and got the unit working. Not a minor adjustment but a major fault. I don't want to be stuck with a lemon after paying full price for a new unit. After numerous calls brivis are not prepared to negotiate and will only give us a free service in 3 years.

Store LocationBrivis Melbourne
Rinnai A.Brivis

Thanks for the review Teresa, we are sorry to hear of the issues you have faced with your unit. We would like to investigate this matter further for you if you can send an email with your details and mentioning this review to enquiry@rinnai.com.au

Wabs

WabsGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

APPALLING SERVICE

I have been waiting for over a week just to get a phone call to get an appointment to get my ducted heater looked at. It is only 2 years old, it was a replacement machine installed by the previous owner of my home. It is still under warranty. As per a conversation with the booking office, I was told not to use it, because of the message on the controller screen. I got a confirmation email to say the job was booked. What sort of staff do they employ when they can't even spell the company name. I didn't expect instant service, but a call would be good to get it teed up.

Rinnai A.Brivis

Hi Wabs, we're sorry to hear about this and have sent a private message to discuss the matter further.

Jocelyn

JocelynGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible Customer Service

I confirmed an appointment to book a service call. I took a day off. Nobody came. I called them and they said they will call me back and never did. USELESS!

Rinnai A.Brivis

Hi Jocelyn, we're sorry to hear about this and have sent a private message to discuss the matter further.

Unhappy customer

Unhappy customerGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible customer service

Heating unit has completely died after only 5 years, not repairable. Not happy will most likely not buy Brivis again. Customer service staff do not want to listen to customer.

Rinnai A.Brivis

Hi Unhappy customer, we're sorry to hear about this and have sent a private message to discuss the matter further.

HotThisSummer

HotThisSummerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Do not buy a Brivis evaporation cooler

Ours was installed in late 2013 and it’s already broken down 3 times after 5 years.
Very unreliable, as every summer we know it’s going to stop working. Today is 34c and we had to leave the house because it’s not working. If I could turn back time and buy a different brand I would.

Niranjan

NiranjanManor Lakes

Appalling customer service

I have got a 17 kw Brivis ice series aircon unit which has stopped blowing cool air just after 2 months from installation. When the issue was logged with Brivis under warranty, the earlier date they could send a technician is almost a month away. Apparantly they don't have enough technicians to service the area so I am not sure why they are selling products when they can't service them in a reasonable time frame. A month wait in summer is just ridiculous. Stay away from Brivis products.

Emma P

Emma PGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

After reading all these comments, I was worried that I would encounter the same difficulties with customer service. Our evaporative cooler stopped working (3 years old), tripping a safety switch in the house. Called Brivis and explained the issue and was told of their 5 year warranty. They arranged for a sub contractor to come out within a week (thankfully it wasn't hot!). He arrived when he said he would, explained the issue, fixed it and it was all under warranty. Very happy with their service!

Rinnai A.Brivis

Hi Emma, we’re so glad you’ve had a great experience! Thank you so much for your positive feedback and we'll be sure to pass it onto our team.

Thanks, Rinnai Australia

Dr. Moe

Dr. MoeSydney, NSW

Stay away - Very bad product and service

louiz

louizAU

Terrible product and service is worse

Got Brivis ducted heating with add on cooling in my new home. Always having problem with the temperature control. Tried to contact Brivis but they refuse to acknowledge the problem and their attitude is arrogant. The suggestion from Brivis is, quoting, "buy yourself a fan". Can't believe this. Do yourself a favor and buy something else.

Not working at all

We have it from last one year refrigerated cooling doesn’t work at all, even worse than cooler funny thing is their technician do know how to fix it.

Arshad

ArshadDandenong

Terrible

The unit keeps on breaking even still under warranty, installer takes more then a week to turn up each time Brivis refuses to take any responsibility for its dealers.

Terrible terrible thermostat controller

The thermostat controller on my Bricis unit is really difficult to use. All I want is to turn the heater on. It’s not clear how to do so even after studying the manual in detail. When it is on, there is no feedback on the controller to say whether it is on or not. When you want to switch it off, there is no easy way to tell either. There are two controllers in the house, but it’s impossible to know if the first controller and the second controllers are in synch. Non of it is documented. Most of the time I just end up so frustrated I put on extra clothes instead. What’s the use of paying so much for a heating unit if you end up shivering in the cold anyway? I’d never buy a Brivis again.

Terrible Refrigerated cooling unit

Just after our Warranty period finished the unit stopped working. The cooling specialist diagnosed a leak on Service Port which led to a gas leak. We hardly used cooling as we live in Melbourne. It cost us $500 just to diagnose the fault. Sill waiting for a quote to replace the Service port and the gas. Will update the outcome later.

blackwalnut

blackwalnutMelbourne

BRIVIS REFRIGERATED COOLING Breaks Down NO FIX FOR 3 WEEKS !!

Brand new Refrigerated Central Cooling unit. We paid $20,000 extra to have refrigerated cooling into our new home. 3 months later, yes only 3 weeks, it breaks down.

IN THE MIDDLE OF SUMMER. So now they are saying it will take them 3 weeks, yes 3 weeks, to come and fix it. In the middle of summer. So whilst our home heats up to over 50. If you have a choice go with a company that actually provides a service. Absolutely disgusting level of service. Go and choose another company, although not much competition. They do no care at all once you have paid your money.

Obviously the units terrible, breaking down in 3 months, and then they provide little service when you need it. They should be ashamed.