Broadway Gym

Broadway Gym (page 2 of 4)

See the Best Gyms in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Great gym!

Friendly staff, great equipment and clean. Good value for money plus loads of new equipment to use. Great location and perfect for city workers

Rude manager

The manager is really rude and an the manager is always rude to any question he can ask.
There
gym proved to be very dirty and dusty.
the baths are rarely cleaned about once a month and these machines are of poor quality.

Hi Dioporcone93, Thank you for writing a review. Can you kindly provide more information on why you met the manager and what happened so we can investigate the incident. We kindly request you to not provide false information regarding gym because of your dispute with manager. Please note, we have cleaners who clean everyday in the morning. All are machines are branded and we use only Hammer Strength, Life Fitness & Precor made in US. They are leading suppliers of commercial equipment in the world.

Great gym

Cheap suppplements, price match guarantee and great gym equipment. Gym membership is cheapest option for students too. Close to UTS and Sydney University

Amazing place!

Excellent gym, staff incredibly friendly and offer great support! Would definitely recommend coming here, it's changed my life, 5 stars.

Awesome gym!

Nice gym, affordable, has everything what you need for a great work out, friendly staff.
Great location, and open 24/7.

No Contract - 24/7 affordable gym

Tons of Cardio & weight lifting machines. Available all the time because they have two levels. Boxing bags also available now so rejoined.

I dropped by for a casual visit today. Casual visit there seemed to be expensive but i choose to do it. Must say, it was worth it. I have been to this place years ago but there seem to be a lot of changes. They have new equipments and and two levels of cardio and weights. Would definitely go back to train again.

Thank you for leaving us a review.

Filthy gym, won't let you cancel, and manager ignores calls and emails

Don't sign up to this place. Tried to cancel and the staff refused to take it in writing, as I'm not in Sydney anymore. Apparently you have to go into the gym, not a legally enforceable term in the contract. So if I never come back to Sydney I have to pay for the membership forever? Idiots. Then on top of that, the manager will screen your number (answers first time to private number and refuses to deal with you, won't answer in 60+ calls from own number). Won't respond to emails. Absolute shambles of an organisation and clearly do this because there's a lot of international students around, so they know they can intimidate them into paying more.

Forwarded a complaint to fair trading. Manager is a coward.

cheap and cheater

The worst place I have ever had gym in my life. The Indian guy who ls a manager there is the rudest and lack of manner. And they will say that won't detects money if you wont come in week but they keep taking money even come or not. I will die unhealthy rather than do exercise on that GYM YAAAAAAAAAAAAK SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.

cheap but you get what you pay for

I've been coming here for about 5 years. When new management took over in 2016 things changed a lot - some things for better, some for worse.

Positives: Its now 24 hours. Its cheap. You can now pay $20 fortnightly without being locked in to a contract. Upper floor now has newer equipment. Downstairs has mostly older equipment but for the most part its functional. Good range of free weights. If you avoid peak hour it can be very empty and quiet which I like.

Negatives: It is cluttered, especially the downstairs weight room. Upstairs trying to find a pair of matching dumbbells is like playing "where's wally" - upstairs nobody puts dumbbells back in their correct spot and staff never tidy it up. Machines and equipment are too close together. Downstairs you gotta be careful not to hit your head on the barbells between squat racks and smith machines when you try to load plates on them. I don't think any of the new staff train, so if you need advice on how to train this isn't the gym for you.

Summary: if you need a cheap functional gym, and you know what you are doing when training, Broadway gym is fine.

Affordable Gym - Great location

Big range of quality equipments, good location on Broadway Rd
Good value for money
$9.99 per week for no commitment membership

Excellent range of equipment , friendly staff.

Love the new machines and location is amazing. The staff very really helpful and interested in personalising me a training plan

Good location for easy city access

Good location for easy city access , great for parking with good selection of free weights and a vast variety of equipment.

Good 24/7 gym with all equipments

They have good student prices. can go anytime 24/7 and have all i need, free weights as well. good location.

If you want to be cheated this is your place!

This old & rundown gym is in serious need of TLC! Further, the customer service (or lack thereof) is atrocious. They made a mistake in the setup of my contract & direct debit payments, so the few times I came after hours, their doors were broken- $ as I was swiping in, I had no idea I was 'denied access' & not set up as a rightful member due to their earlier administrative mistakes. As soon as I knew there was a problem, I came to resolve the error.
There was no apology from them, no accountability from their end- rather they said I was lucky I was not charged a dishonour fee, and if I did not pay all they said I was owing that the debt collectors would sort it out. I did not think it fair, that I should pay a set up fee & have to pay a further 2 wks to cancel, when I was inconvenienced & locked out from getting into the gym.
The manager was aggressive & condescending, & in order to be rid of the problem I had to pay $ 130 total for a meager use of this sad gym 4 times!!
They do not care about their customers but the every $ that they can squeeze out of unsuspecting consumers.
If you need a 24 hrgym there is a better one up the road near central station.

A walking, talking rude

I wish i could say that the employees at this deteriorating establishment lack basic manners and mutual respect for their fellow man... but no.
If rude could walk on two legs, you will find it there.
Absolutely appalling behavior from the staff. Went there with 1.2 grand for 3 of us to sign up for a year, we met rude incarnate, and upon an innocent inquiry, NOT a complaint, in regards to a minor discrepancy in their advertised pricing, I was abruptly told, "buddy, this is the price, if you don't like it then go somewhere else". An unwarranted, dismissive response instead of an honest attempt to address my question. They list it online as "student price [starting] from $6.99 per week", however it turns out that, cunningly enough, this is excluding GST- and an additional cost... So realistically no customer trotting this continent can get it for that price.
It is not an issue of this minor disinformation, but rather they way that we were dealt with upon asking. I have a right to ask, a right that i exercise politely, a right that I do not appreciate being greeted with demeaning facial expressions, dismissive body language and condescending speech.
These employees need to be fired or seriously reprimanded and taught how to fulfill the basic requirements of their job (and every other job on the planet)!

Terrible gym. Owner is a nincompoop.

Rusty machines.Owner is rude and dishonest and is oblivious to his pathetic customer service and ethics . He is argumentative with patrons and then lies in review responses instead of looking at himself in the mirror.

Great place to be in!!

Located in a convenient area close to universities.Good deals,great value for money.Services have been improving continually.Pleasant environment ,Love training here!

A terrible place

The equipment is always rusty and broken!!!! The smell is terrible!! And the manager has a bad attitude and always rude.

BAD GYM

WORST, AWFUL, DISGUSTING, PATHETIC Trust me the place is a mess the equipment/machines etc. are old and DANGERIOUS I go in to get membership and a fat overweight male comes out and straight off the cuff ask me How long do I plan to be in AUSTRALIA, Why? because I have dark skin. I tell him I am Australian and wanted to ask him the same question because he himself was dark skin. Racial profiling and discrimination from illiterate unqualified STINKY STAFF SAD GYM. NEGATIVE star hell.