Broadway Homes

Broadway Homes Questions & Answers

Dolly

I am thinking of building with Broadway but the latest review I can find is 2014 and here we are 2016

, has anyone built with them lately?

DebR
DebR

Hi Dolly,

Have no hesitating on recommending Broadway Homes. Our Designer Lloyd, Pres Start Consultant Samantha and Supervisor Tim absolutely made our time building with Broardway a enjoyable experience. The builders were tidy and did the job. Thanks Broardway Homes.

TheJC
TheJC

I'm a design engineer and after inspecting 4-5 display villages and quite a few homes in progress by a variety of builders we chose them for the follow reasons. (we spent 6 months and every weekend looking at different builders, hundreds of homes dozens of quotes)

A) they do a lot of two story homes. If a builder doesn't have a two story display home or has examples of ones they are currently building dont use them.

B) workmanship on the display and work in progress sites were some of the best we saw.

C) price wise they sit above the lower cost builders (101, summit etc) by around 5-10% BUT they did a 3C suspended slab for us and 31c walls in their base price. No truss or polystyrene walls like a lot of the cheaper builders. Watch out for that one. They then allowed us to do a LOT of modifications to the plans at almost no cost. I did get quotes from a lot of other builders from cheap to designer and Broadway came in as the cheapest modified standard builder. Other builders either didn't have the ability to do the modifications we wanted or they charged 300-400k for modifications that Broadway charged us 100k.

D) They built a non-standard house and worked with the council to approve it for us and dealt with certain elements of the codes to maxamise it's allowances.

E) They gave us the numbers of the supervisors and managers which we've used twice when we need to sort out minor items and things are sorted immediately.

F) We are building two story and the foundations, slab, first story, suspended slab have all gone up in 5-6 weeks. BLAZING fast compared to others. The first level brickwork from when the finance went through was done in 4 weeks.

G) We have made two variations after signing the contract. Both times Broadway has not charged a variation fee :D Super super happy about that.

We'll see how the rest of it goes but to date we are very happy with the communications and service.

I did notice someone gave Broadway 1 star and didn't even build with them... why...

Also in 2013-15 there was a MASSIVE shortage of workers in Perth for home building so everyones homes got delayed. We had friends wait 2 years for a 3 bed basic single story.

I also did a web search on builders and 4/5 for a builder in WA is pretty good. You should see what the builders who get 2-3 starts do... no reo in the concrete. forget to put a window in... one of the walls falls down during construction...

Our builds not finished - its about halfway there but from what we've experienced its been 5 star

If that doesn't answer your questions have a look at the review dates and stars. the lower ratings start in 2012 in a 3 month window with 1 use accounts... I think someone must have had a bad experience and decided to mess up the ratings. Then have a look at 2015 - nothing but 5 stars. They are smashing it outta the ball park.

Have a search on the homeone forums for broadway. I have our build on the website tracking how they go :) you can see the photos and watch the progress if you like.

Dolly

thank you for your story, we have not signed with anyone yet, I am leaning towards Broadway but my husband is looking at another builder so we will have to see how it goes.

nqokuching

Thinking of buliding with Broadway Homes. A bit concerned at some of the negative reviews. However, heartened by the good reviews. Besides Broadway Homes, can anyone suggest a good builder who will build to our design?

Scott

I would not recommend broadway to my worst enemy, they completed our house in Oct 14, over 4 months late. Since handover the house has leaked, the balustrade is rusted, the paint has peeled off and we struggle to open our sliding doors to our balcony. When we informed them of loose tiles on the roof, the supervisor quoted "it's ok they are spares!! Our handles are all slack on our doors, so we are unable to lock the bathrooms. The joinery is a case of "its close enough", then they fill it with wood filler but of a different colour so it really stands out. The Finally is:- we were asked what hob we we're supplying for the kitchen, so we picked a Hob and informed them of our choice!! that was 18 months before it was required, so it was no surprise it was discontinued when we went to purchase it. now our stone worktops have patches around the Hob.

nqokuching

Thank you, Scott for your reply. Very helpful.

Eagle88
Eagle88

Hi, we have had a terrible experience with Broadway so far. We haven't even got a pad down yet and they have tried to rip us off by double charging a lot of items in the prestart, they are arrogant, with poor communication. I recommend anyone building with them go through the fine print of your contract and any prestart items - by us doing so we found tens of thousands of $ they tried to overcharge us. No apology either.

Hey guys,

We are planing to build with broadway. All the reviews i found were a few years old. Has anyone had recent good/bad experiences with them?

Stanley
Stanley

I am incredibly disheartened and disappointed with my broadway experience.

Was going to write a review very similar to the other gentleman, hence I added a few different points. Needless to say, will never build with them again.

jeanker
jeanker

Hi Stanley we have been very pleased with Broadwayhomes, they have been informative and professional. We are about 2 weeks away from completion, and the standard is high quality. We are also 2 months ahead the whole process has been pleasant and we are planning on building with then again very shortly. I would highly recommend then. Jean

camsmart
camsmart

Hi Stanley, just wondering why the experience was so bad? Trying to figure out who to go with

Scott

I would not recommend Broadway to my worst enemy, they completed our house in Oct 14, over 4 months late. Since handover the house has leaked, the balustrade is rusted, the paint has peeled off and we struggle to open our sliding doors to our balcony. When we informed them of loose tiles on the roof, the supervisor quoted "it's ok they are spares!! Our handles are all slack on our doors, so we are unable to lock the bathrooms. The joinery is a case of "its close enough", then they fill it with wood filler but of a different colour so it really stands out. The Finally is:- we were asked what hob we we're supplying for the kitchen, so we picked a Hob and informed them of our choice!! that was 18 months before it was required, so it was no surprise it was discontinued when we went to purchase it. now our stone worktops have patches around the Hob.

Tim
Tim

I am thinking of building with Broadway Homes, but I am somewhat concerned with some of the comments made, can anyone testify that they build quality homes?

hey tim,

even we are planing to build with broadway..have you managed to find any information on their workmanship?

Get an answer from our members and Broadway Homes representatives