Brother DCP-1510

Brother DCP-1510

MPNs: 35905238 and BRO-DCP-1510

Perfect machine for any home or small office!

I bought this machine to replace a fuji xerox colour laser printer that i had for quite some time. This was in the price range i was looking for as laser printers cost more then ink jet printers and i bought it with out even looking at the box. To my delight it has the scanner and copy function which i was not expecting from this price range. It prints really fast and the scanner quality is amazing. The machine does not have a long warm up time and is quite prompt. The only thing i dont like about it is that it doesnt have a back light on the LCD display which makes it hard to read. Also I have not been able to find a way to check the toner levels.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Short Toner life etc

A DCP 1510 laser mono type Brother scanner copier printer ($88.00) , 500 copies and it is 90% toner used in approximately 2 years, I have a HP now 6.5 - 7 years and the toner has not run out yet, we know many companies almost give away items and rely on inks and toners to make profits. Many printers give us a low toner or ink message even when there is still 20% left.
The print quality is just OK but blotchy. No where near as good as my HP.
25 to 30 dollars for a replacement cartridge that may do 1000 copies is not really good.
It has jammed 5 times in 2 years so far and not easy to retrieve the paper jam.

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Would not recommend this product.

The worst printer that I have purchased. First of all I was told that it was compatible with Linux Ubuntu (not the fault of the product) and then paid a technician to install to Windows 10. Print quality is poor and the machine has a mind of its own. You need to be on standby by for printing as it is rather erratic.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Cheap to purchase, cheap to run, fairly cheap output

We bought this printer about 14 months ago because we got tired of paying for new printer cartridges just because we'd run out of one colour (usually there was plenty of ink for all but one colour). We didn't need a colour printer so, when the old one stopped working, we threw it out and bought a DCP-1510 based on Choice and other reviews.

The DCP-1510 isn't the flashiest machine. It's black-and-white and the print quality isn't wonderful. It has a tendency to curl-up the pages a bit so that the pile isn't neat when it's printed. You sometimes have to babysit your print job. The printing clarity tends to be a bit weak.

But it's cheap to purchase (about $80) and cheap to run (a $69 cartridge does about 1000 pages, apparently). It's a solid performer and we have no regrets.

Date PurchasedJul 2015
August 2018 update: Still going. The performance still isn't wonderful. You wouldn't use it to print a book or anything official. However, for photocopying, B&W printing and keeping hard copy records, it's fine.

I bought Brother DCP8510DN Mono Laser MFC 2 years ago. Recently, the document feeder scrunches the paper when the paper is fed. The scan result is vague and I cannot fax or copy via the document feeder. Why is this happening?
That’s a good question. Unfortunately I don’t have a document feeder on mine. You can check that the paper guides are aligned, if it has them, check that the rollers are clean also. If one has stuff built up on it then issues can start. Also watch to make sure all the wheels are turning properly. Sorry I couldn’t be of more helpHello, sometimes after a paper jam a small piece of paper can be trapped in the feeder area which may be the problem so check it out more carefully. Also fan the paper always before placing it in the tray. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrrTkVzhORs copy past this simple to fan.

DCP-1510