Brother MFC-9330CDW

Brother MFC-9330CDW (page 2 of 2)

MPNs: 35905224, BRO-MFC-9330CDW and LED-PRB-MFC-9330CDW

See the Best Printers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Its been a challenging relationship

First MFC 9330CDW had three major faults in first 9 months requiring service repairs (under warranty) - two fuser unit replacements for embossing on paper and one other fault related to missing print at top of first page. Brother Service contacted after third fault and repair and to their credit replaced the printer with a new one under the original warranty given the problems I had experienced (i.e. 3 months to run). New MFC 9330CDW fine for the first 6 months then same fuser unit problem with embossing on paper. Again Brother Service have honoured the original warranty, which is great for me as the quoted repairs would have been around $300, close to the cost of a replacement unit.

Faulty Roller a recurring problem

The first one (purchased at Office Works) had a big chuck missed from the roller within about 3 months of purchasing. Phoned Brother & they told me I need to send it back to them. I advised them that I only have to return it to the place of purchase. Took it back to Office Works & they were great - replaced it with a new one. Three months in with replacement same problem - going back to Office Works. I have always used genuine Brother cartridges. Won't be buying Brother products again!!

Bosched

Bosched

Disappointing experience

RIP

RIPMelbourne

Drives Me Nuts - Can't Stop 2-Sided Jams and Cannot Turn Off 2-sided setting

I bought this printer thinking it was a good value laser. Somehow the double sided rollers have decided to jam everytime they are used, and the drivers are so basic and difficult to use I have spent over an hour trying to figure out how to stop it printing double sided.
When I rang Brother they gave me a tech to visit half an hour away and so I need to spend more money and time fixing their printer's inadequacies. I could not even return it to Officeworks where I bought it in order to get it fixed. Not happy Brother!!!

weng393

weng393

Prints well, but that's not enough

GP

GPHobart, TAS

Great so far

Seems a great printer, so far so good. The scanning and copying functions are very easy to use, but there's more control in the detailed settings if you want it. Installation was unnecessarily troublesome – the install disc was old and didn't support OSX 10.11.x but luckily Brother's website had a driver download available. There's also no USB cable included, which I find bizarre. Some of the settings were unnecessary for my intended use, but I found it hard to sift through how to set everything up. Anyway it mustn't be too hard because I muddled through. Ink Station have well priced genuine Brother toner cartridge sets for this model. Saved a bundle on what office supplies stores charge.

After 18 months, the cost of service is more than a new machine

I started having crinkles in my paper from this machine. I call a service technician, he said it was the fuse roller damage.
New fuse roller $210, Service labour $135. Total $345

NEW MACHINE $350
Why do they only make machines to last just over a year? (1 year warranty BTW)

The print quality and functions were great.

Dean

DeanSydney

Makes life difficult unnecessarily

Works perfectly

I purchased this printer at the beginning of the year, and it is still working perfectly. I haven't installed the software on my computers, as I only use wireless printing, which is a cinch to use. I print double sided, and also with the auto document feeder, it is perfect for our small office. I can also scan documents directly to a usb without needing to connect my laptop, and am also able to fax or email documents directly from the printer! It's just one of those products that just works.

Ramjet

RamjetBrisbane

Horrible installation software and won't print double sided!

I bought this printer because it's a laser printer with double sided printing capabilities, specifically to be more economical than our old Canon inkjet which went through ink like a drunken sailor goes through whiskey. First time I try double sided printing it jams EVERY single time and also gets stuck in a cycle of trying to reprint. Terrible.

The setup process is also very non-intuitive! I have an iMac and I would warn anyone with an Apple computer away from purchasing this printer. It was a really frustrating installation process and it's still not setup properly.

I've had it for two weeks and taking it back for a store credit this afternoon. I'm really shy of Brother products now I've got to say.

Great Printer

We have owned this printer for 6 months and it is excellent. No wifi issues easy to get up and running. Scans prints faxes and photocopies with reasonable speed, perfect for medium light home office work.

Installation nightmare

The installation CD was incompatible with OSX10.10.2 but the setup guide pretty much exclusively refers to following the prompts on the CD.
Downloaded the drivers from Brother - got the scanner working but still can't print over the network, even though the printer and computer are both connected to the same network.
It still doesn't work...

Libbadog

LibbadogGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

This Just Worked

My need is for a multifunction home printer/fax/scanner however I was totally sick of our HP Multi Function inkjet which was rejecting partially used cartridges as "Out of Date", again and again and never seemed to print first go until you acknowledged that another cartridge was faulty or out of date. We binned it recently and replaced it with the Brother MFC-9330CDW Laser and it connected to WiFi, each of our computers connected correctly for all functions and our Apple i-Devices seem to find it and print directly. It just works!

Print quality is excellent, speed is good and the power consumption when sleeping is very low. This is a happy user.

Ken G

Ken G

Easy to install, reliable in use

I got this printer in exchange for a comparable Fuji Xerox that I had endless problems with (installation, going "offline", affecting my computer). The Brother is recognised by Windows and installs automatically in under 2 minutes, you don't have to bother with the installation CD. It then just WORKS with no problems, which is the basic essential. It's scanning functionality is also much better than Fuji's. I will say that the Fuji's colour print quality was outstanding whereas the Brother's is just ok. But as I said, the Brother is easy to set up and it works hassle free.

metragnome

metragnomeAU

Has The Lot

Rick Frayne

Rick Frayneasked

I am not getting the Double Sided Scan Option from Control Centre 2. Any help?

Ralph G.
Ralph G.

I couldn't find it either. I was guessing maybe you had to upgrade to Control Center 4, but I don't see a way of doing that either

Kat K

Kat Kasked

cant scan to email..
when i try to scan to email, the unit tells me to check connection.. everything is set up as per instructions provided.
where is the problem..??

Bren
Bren

I'd like an answer to this also as I can't find any additional setup options.

Diana

Dianaasked

I have just changed the Cyan toner in my MFC and there is an error message that the Cyan toner needs changing. Could it be a dud toner? Also, could I have got the toner cartridge containers mixed up with another colour (I also changed the Magenta cartridge as well).

Biggus Dickus
Biggus Dickus

You can reset the unrecognized toner through the user panel. Press the fax symbol to light up the dial pad.which is otherwise blacked out. Locate the asterix (*) symbol mark it with a bit of liquid paper.(you are doing this because you need to push the asterix button with it turned off). Press the the red x to take the menu back to the main screen. Open the top cover as if you are going to change the toner. Confirm the screen says (cover open) if not press the red x. The screen must say (cover open) you may have to open and close the cover several times to get it to say this. Hold your finger on the asterix button (it is blacked out and you cant see it this is why we marked it) for 5 seconds. The screen will change and say reset toner. scroll up and down to C (cyan) and press reset... Close the cover and use your fooled printer as normal.

gazoola
gazoola

I had to change one of the rear fuser follers in our printer at around 4000 page count.
If others had similar issues, what page count were you at?

Get an answer from our members and Brother representatives

CategoryPrinters