MPN: 8CE41600156

See the Best Printers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Great value for money, prints great quality lables

The print quality in monochrome is perfect and colour is spot on.
Takes a little while to navigate the features and controls, brothers assistant over the phone have always been very helpful when something goes wrong. I have purchases a 2nd Brother the MFC-L3750CDW next model up as i believe it to be the best product with customer service.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Reliable Machine & Cheap Toners on Ebay

I have had this machine for a while now...2 years. Not a bad product considering I have been using non-genuine toners of ebay. The quality isn't as great but I'm not a photographer. I would recommend it. The wireless capability allows me to print from my mobile, tablet and laptop. I like it. I get about 1500 pages from 1 set of toners (x4) if I am printing equal colours.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

expensive to run, expensive replacement, no tech support that means anything

I bought this machine (more expensive than I was used to paying), hoping it was going to save money on ink however it gives a warning that the ink needs replacing when many more pages can actually be printed. The replacement brother cartridges are over $100 each. I have only had it about 18 months, 6000 pages printed and it has been spitting powdered ink all over the machine internally and drums and cartridges out of nowhere. I have tried all the cleaning suggestions etc. but no-one can tell me what's wrong with it. I have to take it to a technician pay them to look at it (who knows how much that would cost) then pay to replace all the drums which it may be- even though I think there is only one or possibly two that need to be replaced - at a cost of over $300. I have decided to buy a new printer.
I also was fooled into believing about double sided printing. I had to get round it by printing each one individually to make a double sided document that then could be fed into the feeder.....how ridiculous. No more brother rubbish for me. I will go back to canon at least they were reliable machines.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Quality printer, super reliable!

Never bought this brand before and can say it's a fabulous investment. I paid more but the print function and quality along with the ability to scan heaps of pages (and I mean heaps!!) all at once is great. Very easy to use, saves me time, have had no issues.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

easy to use and fast in printing

This is my favorite colored printer. It's not cheap BUT it's super reliable. I can do multiple things like scan and copy, the best part is that I can scan or copy alot of pages by just puting it on the top feeder so i don't have to do it one by one. The outcome quality is good. I never had problem with Brother printer.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Buy something else

Use your money more wisely and buy another mfc. Forget this one, if you want something reliable. It's cheap enough but you will pay for it with lost productivity and frustration. Have had continual problems and absolutely no support is available. Do yourself a favour and look at all models except this one

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Printer is good... support is non existent

I am happy with the print quality and connection but had a simple technical query: Does this model scan duplex from the doc feeder?

I couldn’t find an answer so went to the brother website to ask tech support. After trying to complete the form online i realised i should have bought another printer. When you fill it in there will be some fault in it (it varies according to each attempt) whereupon you can no longer insert the model number and must start again.

My advice is don’t touch this printer if something goes wrong you wont be able resolve through tech support

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Best technical support I have ever received

I emailed Brother about how to scan so that the output is one file per page rather than one multi-page file. They replied within 20 minutes and in a concise, simple email answered my question first time.
Everyone else complaining of lack of features - do your homework before purchasing?

Good printer BUT does not do 2-sided scanning & copying

The print quality is good and the speed on single and double sided printing is good - but that is it. The auto document feeder (ADF) does not scan or copy 2-sided. From new, when photocopying, we got "ghosting" of the print on the reverse of the page or lines down the page. The fax line does not work. Followed the instructions but it didn't work as the instructions said it should (different items appeared on the display) and if you dialled the fax number all you got was an engaged tone. Which leads to a very frustrating thing about Brother, there is no support phone number to call, all you can do is email support and they'll call you back in due course. Unfortunately, this is often when you are not anywhere near the printer so it's useless. Accordingly, we didn't bother trying to figure out any of this, and this unit only gets used for printing and we had to keep our old Brother inkjet to do the things this one can't.
It is very disappointing that the packaging and the product description says "2-sided" everywhere but does not mention that this refers to 2-sided printing only, ie not copying or scanning. We only found out after it was installed and too late to return. Brother and the retailers (in this case Officeworks) should really be more clear in their product descriptions about what their products can and can't do.
You pretty much have to buy generic cartridges (they are about $30 each) because genuine Brother cartridges for this machine are a gobsmacking $100 each. To spend $400 for about 2000 copies per set of cartridges, based on our usage so far, can only be described as Too Much! And then there is the drum kit that costs $300 approx genuine or $150 generic. We're getting a Replace the Drum msg now at about 15,000 copies.

Purchased in November 2017 at Officeworks Physical store.

Functionality
Ink Cartridge Longevity
Printing Speed
Reliability

What a piece of garbage

After 10 months of light use, this machine continues to show a drum error. On calling the service area and going through their thorough cleaning process, I am informed that I will need to TAKE this unit (not a light unit) to a service centre or pay to have a service person attend my premises as the Brother warranty only cover "back to base". So unless you're prepared to carry this behemoth of a machine...Poor after sales service. Won't be purchasing another Brother anything. Also agree that this machine chews through really expensive toner. Not happy at all.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Agreed chews through toner cartridges

We have paid in excess of $2350 in in cartridges for two printers. The first purchased 15.8.17 and the second 8.10.17!

We are a small business.

This is a cost we cannot maintain.

The quality of print is good, though the colour is better than black and white if copying a coloured say, driver licence.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Environmentally aware company pulling the wool over your eyes.

Easy set up, good quality printing, great features.
Toner cartridges they don't actually run out when they are empty, we found all the colours ran out in the same day very strange considering we were printing black and white, seems to be a page count that triggers the changing of the toner, we opened one of them up and found it still contained about 80% of the toner, very poor for a supposedly Environmentally aware company.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

worked for 3 months

I was really impressed with the printer for a start but after 3 months it started printing black lines down the side of the page. The life of one of these printers is very short even if you pay a reasonable amount for one. I've had quite a few brother printers and it's been a similar scenario with all of them.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

This is excellent, only if it had 2 sided copy

This is a great color laser printer with superb wifi connectivity. You can print from your phone, iPad or computer. The iprint app works great too. The only problem is that this cannot scan 2 sided and that is a shame as printers half the price can do that. The cost of original toners will blow you down. It almost costs as much as the printer itself.
YOU CAN DEFINETLY BUY THIS PRINTER. BEST PRINTER FOR UNDER $400.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Cheap cheerful and user friendly

My husband bought this printer for his home office. Works well no problems and compatible cartridges are available. Not had any problems with it would recommend to all friends and family. Better than some of the other brands on the market today - like canon - they are terrible printers.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Works well for a home office

So far so good ! Works well for a home office. The printing speed is also good. The only con so far is that it takes a bit of time to start up when in a sleeping mode and I can't seem to be able to set up the wireless printing at the moment . The refills are expensive as well. However, we are still using the print cartridge from 6 months ago and believes it last quite long.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

All things are good

Very easy to set up, and touch screen is very user friendly. No problems at all, with everything working perfectly.If your looking for a middle of the road colour laser printer , I would highly recomend this one. Great value.The cost of running ie; toner, paper etc can always be found cheaper somwhere, as with most things, go for it.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Good, but has wifi issues

The printer itself is great. Double sided function works well, it prints well on after market toner and has been reliable. I've ended up hard wiring it to the network as it has issues connecting to wifi via my Mac devices. That's the only concern though, it's been great otherwise

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Easy to set up and use.

Very easy to set up. Print quality is very good and I like how it all wireless! The unit is bigger than our old printer but it does have extra features. Printing seems economical so far. Haven't replaced the printer cartridge yet but comparing to the Samsung cartridge they are less expensive.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Never lets me down

I love this printer. It's ability to just setup and then press print from iPad. The toner can be expensive, but it is definately very easy to change, the overall quality is second to none. Easy!

I do recommend this printer to anyone that wants a reliable good quality printer that has a little spare room on their desk.

Date PurchasedMay 2016