59 questions from our users

terryasked

Car Insurance

Would a claim under house and contents be handled the same way as a car accident claim ,bit concerned about the terrible reviews

terry

Received an answer via email just today to the above question but curious why it doesn't show up here

Barbs

Barbsasked

Car Insurance

I want to check my insurance policy

Kevin D.

Kevin D.asked

Car Insurance

Anyone have experience with a stolen car with budget direct? Mine got stolen yesterday and am now waiting for my claim to be processed

Paula C.
Paula C.

Good luck! Our car was stolen and never and after 6 weeks of fight with them they cancelling our policy refunded what we paid for that year and told us we had 24 hours to pick up our car. Never never again.

Andy

Andyasked

Car Insurance

Does anyone have advice for (1) ease/ difficulty / processing times of making a claim when another driver is at fault, namely, my car was parked in a shopping centre carpark bay and another vehicle reversed into it, then drove off (I have independent witnesses and already filed a police report) (2) what happens to BD premiums if such a claim (i.e. not my fault), were lodged? Incidentally, the damage to my front bumper is minimal. Thanks in advance.

Quantas
Quantas

Andy, you're already on the right track with filing the police report with witnesses. I guess you can make a claim by ringing budget direct and just make sure u tell them I have proof that it's not your fault...

tony
tony

They are hard to deal with when making a claim dosent matter who is at fault they make you jump thru hoops, They will make it that difficult

Xavjax
Xavjax

They will trick you of paying for the premium even though it wasn't your fault. They said paying the premium makes the processing faster and once the investigation is finished they will refund the money back but they didn't even do the investigation and just say that I agreed to pay the premium so no further investigation is required. Budget direct is cheap but they will do anything not to pay up. So beware take your insurance somewhere else. You are paying for nothing. Good Luck!

Deeslee

Deesleeasked

Car Insurance

I would like to see more comments following a claim. This seems to be the area of conflict between customers and insurance companies.

MEL
MEL

My partner hit a roo and has tried to make a claim this week for the review team to reject and cancel the insurance all together, he's been with them since he was 18 and has never made a claim before , do not go with this insurance company they are scamers and if they can find a loop hole to not cover you they will.

Ross
Ross

I am in the exact situation as Mel's partner. I hit a roo and had my claim rejected due to a loophole in the policy. I'm going to be making a formal complaint with the Australian Financial Complaints Authority. I don't want other Australians to go through what I have with them. Find another insurer please.

Jake T.
Jake T.

I tried to make a claim and they said they would be canceling my policy as my car is too low (hit a pot hole and buggered the transmission) also I was quoted an excess of 800 dollars online but as I was on the phone to the claims department it went up to 1300 dollars was told I would have my entire policy reimbursed but then on a follow up call was told I'd be getting nothing

Nick

Nickasked

Car Insurance

Are any contents covered in my car?

Rick

Rickasked

Car Insurance

Do Budget Direct off trailer insurance?

fred f
fred f

I don’t understand your question

missy Y
missy Y

Dies it OFFER trailer insurance

oscar B

oscar Basked

Car Insurance

Does this company allow my choice of repairer?

Avinash M

Yes they do

Singh

Singhasked

Car Insurance

How to know your insurance policy expired

Sam
Sam

You may get a renewal notice in the mail with your insurance details, the other way to check is to log in to your Budget Direct account and check in on your insurance policies that way. Either amongst the summary or on the insurance page itself, there should be a notice of sorts saying that the insurance policy has expired. Hope this helps!

Goannaasked

Car Insurance

Does anyone have a good story with claims with Budget Direct please?

Gan
Gan

Never
I had an accident few weeks back and asked me to pay a huge amount before fixing the car even though it's not my fault and other party agreed to cover the cost.

Goanna

Thank you. I’m trying RACQ. they will price match any quote and as a member, there’s extra benefits. Cheers

smoky

No rubbish company when you make a claim they treat you like a criminal don't go near this mob dreadful service

Vic

Vicasked

Car Insurance

How do I renew my Third Party Property,Fire and Theft...P/no 11591791303? Due on 21 October 2018.

Michele

Micheleasked

Car Insurance

Can I choose my own repairer?

steve

steveasked

Car Insurance

do you have boat insurance policy?

Gary

Not as far as I know Steve

Stevel

Stevelasked

Car Insurance

So it appears from the reviews everyone is happy with the sales process at the beginning and unhappy with the process of making a claim and getting treated fairly. Is that about right or would you dispute that?

anna

You got that right. Budget are very happy to take your money, as long as you don't claim. Then you are put under the the microscope.

John
John

it seems that all the 5 star reviews made on July 27th were from "customers" aka Budget Direct employees who only joined that same day and have made only 1 review. That's not suspicious is it. These reviews are obviously made up and should be removed! Budget Direct are in fact absolute crap and do not pay up when making a claim!!!

Ryan
Ryan

Absolutely right, they put all the money from paying customers into writing the PDS so it is impossible to claim.
they offer best lost baggage apparently, but if your bag is not on you when it is lost, its unattended not lost, so basically, unless you never lose your bag, you cannot make a claim.
Did you know a Hired taxi is a public place, yep, Budget redefine whatever they want to make sure you cannot claim.

Chloe B

Chloe Basked

Car Insurance

What is a NCD Grade4 equivalent to as a %age? Need to know for CTP Green Slip.

Vonnie

Vonnieasked

Car Insurance

what is the agreed value of a foton ute 2016 model?

Budget Direct
Budget D.Budget Direct

Hello,

When completing a quote the online system initially generates a market value policy quote. If an agreed value is available it will appear on the 'Options' page, once you have selected 'continue online' located underneath the price.

We may offer an agreed value if the vehicle is less than 10 years old; does not have an after-market LPG conversion; and the purchase price is within an acceptable range of the current market value. Otherwise this option will not be offered.

Please note the Agreed Value amount offered is determined by our Underwriters and is non negotiable.

If we can be of any further assistance please feel free ​to chat with us online here or for immediate assistance contact us on 1300 858 747. We’re here from 8am to 10:30pm, Monday to Friday and 8am to 5pm on Saturdays (AEST).

-Morgan

Ban Hasked

Car Insurance

Anyone done budget car insurance in sydney and had accident . please say how is your experience? email me if possible .

[email address removed]

ClaireBear
ClaireBear

Yes, my son had an accident and Budget has screwed him over totally. 1st putting him at ease by telling him he was covered as he was not at fault, then changing their minds and cancelling his claim. Disgusting and pathetic conduct in general.

Annabelle

Yes. My experience was terrible. Took months to sort out and i had to go to the insurance ombudsman. They didnt want to pay as i had a claim 5 years earlier with another insurer and hadnt listed. The claim woth budget was not at fault. Someone hit my car whilst stationary.
To top it off when you make a claim and cancel your policy they kerp the remainder of your premium
BE VERY VARY AS THEH ARE CHEAP AND NASTY

just do nrma

2NE1asked

Car Insurance

The policy we purchased with Budget Direct was an agreed value of $30250 and in late Fenruary this year, our vehicle was damaged by someone else. To the untrained eyes and feedback from various independant repairers, the car must be a write-off. Budget Direct think otherwise and provided us with a fixing quote of $21284.75 and if agreed, a salvage quote of $3500. In total $24,784.75 and this is not enough to replaced our car at market value. How can we make a stand on this?

Gossy
Gossy

I'd need more information to better answer your question. Some of the things I'd like to know are: is there mechanical damage, if so to what extent, also can internal motor issues pop up after the repairs are done. I'd like to think that you should have the option to be paid out or elect to repair the car. Budget Direct won't be out of pocket but the at fault insurer will be out of pocket. Have you got another repair quote to compare the repair bill, you may find that this is higher and may tilt it towards write off. Normally though anything over 75% of the car value is a write off so not sure why Budget has recommended repairs when they don't have to pay out. Sounds as if the insurers are looking after each other. If this was my car, I'd have concerns with the integrity of the structure post repairs and if mechanical, possibly expensive issues down the track that would be hard to prove once you get the car handed back and you would have to pay out of your pocket. Hope this helps.

Thank you Gossy!

Annabelle

Hi. This might be a bit late but you need to go to the insurance ombudsman.
This company likes taking your premium each year but doesnt like paying claims. There are so many exclusions yhst are not disclosed at time of purchase.
I had a shocking experience with them and would advise anyone to stay away from them and choose a reputable insurer to save a few dollars is not worth the mental anguish and fight if you have to claim.

Logan.H

Logan.Hasked

Car Insurance

Are you able to provide quotes?

mxkarina
mxkarina

Beware would not pay out on policy. Son was in a accident other party at fault. Car ride off now in process of legal action.

YouAndMe
YouAndMe

Call them as Budget are very good.
Leave Youi off your list as they are worst insurer going !

Budget Direct
Budget D.Budget Direct

Hello Logan,

Thanks for considering us at Budget Direct! For Car insurance quotes please visit https://www.budgetdirect.com.au/car-insurance.html or call us on 1800 700 027.

-Morgan

Debbie W

Debbie Wasked

Car Insurance

What is claim service like? Any hidden issues?

smoky

The claim service is horrendous they will drag it out as long as possible then denial your claim for the most obscure reason great taking your money don't want to know you when you make a claim then cancel your policy even if it is not your fault don't go near this company just look at the claims made reviews.By far the worst insurance company on the Aussie market be warned

anna

TERRIBLE, they will try to put anything over you to get out off a claim. My advise is to read there policy the underwriters very carefully (even then you will probably not understand what you are covered for), If you don't read your policy and understand it you might find Budget are not there, and doing everything they can to wriggle out of a claim, when you need them.

Get an answer from our members and Budget Direct representatives