Budget Direct Car Insurance

Budget Direct Car Insurance Questions & Answers (page 2)

Verifiedbudgetdirect.com.au
Maxine L. · Car Insurance

I see great reviews re pricing but what are Budget Direct like when making a claim?

Sue
Sue

sorry... unable to answer your query as I have yet made a claim.

Budget Direct   DM

Hi Maxine, thanks for stopping by to ask your question. Our company's primary focus is to ensure we are able to deliver on our promise to pay genuine claims quickly and efficiently and to consistently deliver high levels of service to each and every one of our customers. We are able to do this by using our own network of drive-in, drive-out assessment centres and an extensive national repairer network, which assists us in getting you back on the road as soon as possible.​​​​​​​ I hope this answers your question. Have a great day. *Ruby

Maxine L.

Thanks Ruby but I would like to hear from people who have made claims as to how the process was handled - I see lots of negative reviews regarding poor communication on Budget Direct Insurance behalf

Anita
Anita

I made a claim & it’s cost me a lot of money, including loss of wages to ring budget direct. It’s cause me great difficulty insuring my car through Budget Direct. I will never ever insure any assets with them again. Absolutely dreadful & you are just a number. I’m lucky I have my health & two legs to walk over 17km a day & to use public transport 3 hours a days to accomodate their dragging their legs & mistakes.

Dlm
Dlm

I made a claim and was given different information continually depending on who I spoke too. Service varied from polite but useless to very rude and useless. I was also lied too - they will try and squeeze money out of you. Also watch out for the auto renewal which they'll sign you up for and not inform you about.

Maxine L.

Thank you - Sadly from what I'm reading most insurance companies are the same!

Deb K.
Deb K.

rubbish don’t waste your time or money been waiting 18 mths to get my car fixed wasnt at fault they doubled my premium and lost from 6 star rating to a 3 go figure getting my car fixed then see yas later

Kimbo
Kimbo · Car Insurance

You sound pretty good. Why do most claims take so long. Is that your business plan. Avoid payouts at any cost?

Chris
Chris

Maybe it's the other party involved, but that should not stop budget direct from finalizing issues with you.

Budget Direct   DM

Hi Kimbo, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. Our company's primary focus is to ensure we are able to deliver on our promise to pay genuine claims quickly and efficiently and to consistently deliver high levels of service to each and every one of our customers. As every claim is based on its own merits, not two claims will be exactly the same, that's the reason why some claims may take longer to finalise than others. What I can assure you, is that we aim to get our customers back on the road as soon as possible. We look forward to being your continued Insurer of choice. *Aina.

syrabi
syrabi · Comprehensive Car Insurance

hi, do you do house insurance as well

Budget Direct   DM

Hi Syrabi, thanks for reaching out. We do offer home insurance as well. The easiest way to obtain a quote will be through our website at external link . We look forward to being your continued Insurer of choice. Cheers, Budget Direct.

John · Comprehensive Car Insurance

Hi Budget Direct - Can you provide an example of a happy customer who has made a claim?

I can't find any!

Budget Direct   DM

Hi John, thanks for getting in touch. You're welcome to see more reviews online by clicking here: external link . These Budget Direct Insurance reviews are collected, moderated and managed by Bazaarvoice, a leading independent ratings and reviews provider. Reviews completed since 10 February 2015. If there is anything further we can help with, please feel free to email us at social@budgetdirect.com.au. Budget Direct.

So your answer is no.
Thanks for your reply! That helps the decision making process immensely.

Ellie C
Ellie C

I can’t find any happy customers who have made a claim either. I was just about to switch over to BD. I’m going to look elsewhere now!

Electric_Traveller
Electric_Traveller

It'd be a breach of privacy if they were to provide customer details to you John

John

World traveler - I didn't ask for customer details.

This is a product review site. I wanted to know if Budget Direct could link to a positive review on this site.

Their engagement on this site is quite good, they would be aware of the positive reviews if there were any.
Understandably there is a higher frequency of negative reviews as people are more motivated to leave a review when they are disappointed, however among the 2368 reviews there is not one positive review of the claims process.

Their premiums are cheap (hence the name) but they obviously need to improve their claims process.

John Z
John Z

John - I've noticed the same thing as you did. Pretty much all the positive reviews are commenting on their easy-to-setup point and competitive premiums from the new joiners into Budget Direct. One the other hand, nearly 100% of the reviews about their claims process are negative. We've just been through an appalling process when our car got a minor damage and needed to lodge a claim. It was so painful to deal with this mob. We've decided to move onto another insurer. Though there might be a bit higher for the premium it would give you a peace of mind, which is what we are looking for when you put something for insurance, isn't it? Not to say that as we had to rent a car during the entire time when they organised the repair job for our car, at the end of the day, probably the total amount that cost us might be higher than if we could have paid the total repair costs by ourselves.

Budget Direct   DM

Hi Ping. Thank you for taking the time to contact us and provide this feedback. I am sorry you are dissatisfied with your claims journey also. We are more than happy to investigate this for you. If you would like this investigated please email social@budgetdirect.com.au with your claim number as the subject line. Alternatively, you are welcome to view our dispute resolution process online. * Eve

Lucazoid
Lucazoid

Look at websites such as this, trustpilot, wordofmouth and choice. All horrific reviews with claims!

Graham
Graham · Car Insurance

Hi,
My car insurance renewal has just come up & I have been reading all the 5 star positive reviews, of how easy it is to insure with Budget Direct, which is great.
Is it possible to provide three testimonials from satisfied genuine customers that have had vehicle accidents and were happy with how their claims had been handled ? as I'm not seeing too many to date.
Many thanks
Regards
Allan

Budget Direct   DM

Hi Graham, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We value you as a customer and look forward to continuing to be your insurer of choice. Have a great week. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Allanf
Allanf

Hi again,
Did you actually read my question?
You’re NOT my insurance provider and probably never will be if you can’t handle a simple question about your company.
If it’s too hard to answer please give it to an adult.
Cheers
Allan

Susie K.
Susie K.

It’s obviously pre-meditated answers never answering the questions. Of course they’re quick in getting your money. But like what the others said how is the claims service coz that’s one of main reasons we’re hunting for a different insurer. When it comes to claiming it’s a different story!

Brett G
Brett G · Comprehensive Car Insurance

Hello. Can you confirm that when a claim is made against a car insurance policy, you require your customer to pay the excess up front before any repairs are done? Thankyou.

Budget Direct   DM

Hi Brett, thanks for getting in touch. In the event of an at fault claim – any claim which cannot be recovered from another party, either in part or in full, such as:
- an accident where we decide the driver of the car is partially or entirely at fault,
- an accident where we decide the driver of the other vehicle or another person is entirely at fault but you cannot tell us their full name, residential address and vehicle registration number,
- theft, attempted theft or a malicious act,
- storm, wind or hail,
- fire, or
- an accident involving an animal
You will need to pay an excess to have the car repaired.
Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Justin S.
Justin S. · Car Insurance

It seems the good reviews are only from people who have just taken up the insurance and happy with the price, however, noone has made a good review about having to claim, they have all been negative. Has anyone has a positive claim story?

Baljit sandhu
Baljit sandhu

My age is 43 in my life I am no claim against any providers such as Aami budget direct I am happy with lower price

Budget Direct   DM

Hey Justin. Thanks for stopping by, Please feel free to visit our review page and filter the 'claims only' external link
Cheers, Budget Direct.

Nat E.
Nat E.

Hi Justin, I have just brought a brand new car and am comparing insurance company reviews. It seems more often than not people who leave reviews are those who received bad service, not good. Having said that, my previous car was ensured for 6 years with budget direct in that time I had made two claims - and never had any problem whatsoever. They were easy to contact and 24/7 service. They towed my car on the same day of crash (both my fault) I simply paid the excess and it was all taken care of of swiftly. I did notice between years of renewal my insurance cost would jump a bit - understandably because of my claims, but some was a bit high and unwarranted, as I can see other people have left comments regarding on their reviews - I called them, had a chat about this and they brought the price down to match competitors. I hope this helps. I am currently comparing insurance again for my new car, but at the moment budget direct is still a top choice for me :)

Daniel Thornton
Daniel Thornton · Car Insurance

Are claim phone calls answered by off shore call centres ? thanks

Budget Direct   DM

Hi Daniel, thanks for reaching out. We do have a call centre based in South Africa which assists with call volumes in the afternoon. Regards, Budget Direct.

QLDZDR · Comprehensive Car Insurance

Kristy and Julz, you need to refer my correspondence to a Manager NOW because the next communication I want to see from Budget Direct is a policy document with everything the same as what I had except a significantly reduced premium to match the one that I have shown you (you could have verified it before wasting more of my time with your most recent reply) and that isn't the cheapest but it was from one of the big 3 insurers and their premium includes exactly the same features (maybe even better) but you can check since I have sent you the details of that. I have already wasted several hours in policy manager, chat, phone, email, with Budget Direct customer service since March.

Budget Direct   DM

Good morning, thanks for reaching out and for taking the time to provide your feedback. Please email us at social@budgetdirect.com.au your personal details along with your policy number and we will look into it for you. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

QLDZDR

I did that last week and now I am back here because still receiving lip service without action.

Budget Direct   DM

Thank you for your reply and for emailing us. I can confirm we are looking into it for you. We will contact you to discuss the outcome. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

QLDZDR

Why does Budget send important emails asking for a reply, but continue to use blocked or ignored reply to email addresses., I replied and the next day I find out I have to waste time calling by phone or other because...

From Budget...
Hi,
It looks like you are trying to contact us. You have replied to an email address that does not accept incoming messages. The information you have sent has not been reviewed or retained.

If you would like to view and/or make changes to your policy, try our Online Policy Manager

Budget Direct   DM

Thank you for your reply and for emailing us. I can confirm this has been forwarded to Management and they are looking into it for you. They will be in contact you to discuss the outcome. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

mallymuff
mallymuff · Car Insurance

If I go with Budget Direct, can i pay insurance premium with Paypal?

Budget Direct   DM

Hi Mally, thanks for reaching out. That's correct; currently, we offer payment via direct debit from a Visa, MasterCard, Amex, bank account and PayPal. We look forward to being the insurer of your choice. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Paul B.
Paul B. · Car Insurance

I am trying to access virtual inspection centre and not able to get through. My car rego CNA44W needs a condition report but not able to get through

Budget Direct   DM

Hi Paul. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. Please feel free to email us at social@budgetdirect.com.au, and we will be happy to provide further details and answer any questions you have. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Gloria M.
Gloria M. · Car Insurance

I'm elderly & can't find a phone number to contact direct. I just want a copy of my car insurance emailed to me please as I have lost my document.

Budget Direct   DM

Hi Gloria, thanks for getting in touch with us. Please email us at social@budgetdirect.com.au including your policy number and we will be happy to organise that for you. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Regards, Budget Direct.

Lightwave
Lightwave

She wants a phone number, why give an email? Silly response from BD. And why are phone numbers hidden? I can't find any.

Marilyn D.
Marilyn D.

Phone no pleasr

Jillian Nelson
Jillian Nelson · Car Insurance

I've taken fotos of the vehicle for the vehicle inspections but they say they haven't received them so how do I go about sending the pics for the inspection

Contact the company

Jillian Nelson
Jillian Nelson · Car Insurance

Im having trouble uploading the pics for the vehicle inspection

Maureen Lamb
Maureen Lamb · Car Insurance

can my wife reinsure her car policy number 112316237 02

Mark
Mark

Yes you can reinsure with a better company which is what I'm doing at the moment you can get a refund on your existing insurance.

Jayne
Jayne · Comprehensive Car Insurance

Is their service on claims as bad as I am reading, don't feel safe being insured with them now!!!??

ANN
ANN

Sorry made you feel that way. But I was telling the truth. I only found out after been with them for 5 years. Because that was my first claim.

Raelene G.
Raelene G. · Car Insurance

Are good is the company when having a claim? what are the reviews on claims?

ben dover
ben dover

I wouldnt take any notice of the 5 star reviews most of them Budget Direct writes themselves to make them selves look good.They are really s l o w when making a claim Put the claim in Then you dont hear from them they go out of their way to stall as long as they can it took me nearly 4 months then get they get the claim down as low as they can.

AvgJill147

I just went through a complex claim with them and I had no issues at all, in fact they were amazing! I would recommend them.

Carter S.
Carter S.

They were pathetic. I had my NO fault of mine, car accident in November. They have called me maybe twice, since the accident. Every other time I have had to call them. I never hear from them for weeks at a time! Useless!

MONTROSE
MONTROSE · Comprehensive Car Insurance

We currently have friends shopping round for car insurance.
They have asked us if they would be covered for mice damage to a car if they go with Budget Direct.
Does anyone have an answer re this issue?
Thanks.

info
info

Dont know about mice damage, but I got my dates wrong about a accident from 4 years ago and they wouldn't pay out accident, which is fine. But they cancelled my policy instead of letting me cancel. Now no insurer will let me take out a policy for 3 years due to having a policy canceled.

Yes. Budget obviously

Suncica - Suzana
Suncica - Suzana

They did same to me and they did not inform me. i would not go never ever for Budget direct

David
David

They lie just to get your money anyway, They appear great until it comes to a claim they are very hard to deal with and very dishonest

Blake E.
Blake E. · Car Insurance

Doe's Budget have bad customer service when it comes to claims

Brian

Yes the worst, stay away!

Marina P.

Yes they look for anything so they don't pay demage. Worst insurance

Lizzy
Lizzy

Dont even think about changing over to these guys they are predatory

AvgJill147

I have to disagree, I just went through a complex claim and they were very professional, helpful and compassionate. I do not work for or have any affiliation with them!

Rian B.
Rian B.

Just spent 2 and a half hours wasted being on hold and trying to speak to someone on the live chat be warned if you make a claim they don't tell you about the hidden surprises

nigel m.
nigel m. · Car Insurance

I have been looking at a on-line quote - price was good BUT I cannot for the life of me find out it I am being quoted for "market price" whatever that is or for an agreed amount - and if so how much. I am driving a pristine 1999 BMW 523i with about 111,000 kms on the clock and full service records. As one who is retired I do less than 5k per year (I also have a Range Rover so the lead is well and truly spread

Stay away from Budget !

Marina P.

Budget direct takes your money. Does not cover you if you in fault

Get an answer from our members and Budget Direct representatives

Select a listing for your question
Budget Direct Car Insurance