Budget Direct Car Insurance

Budget Direct Car Insurance Questions & Answers (page 4)

Verifiedbudgetdirect.com.au
Param
Param · Car Insurance

Hi there,

I have a Dubai Driving license and it is written in english full details, If I would like to avail insurance is it possible?

Budget Direct   DM

Hi Param, Thank you for considering Budget Direct. We are unable to provide cover for drivers who hold a driver licence issued in Dubai. If you like, you can visit the Insurance Council of Australia's website​, they are a government agency that will be able to provide you with a list of companies who may be able to assist you with cover. They can be reached at their website: external link

Wazza
Wazza · Car Insurance

Does Budget Direct cover water in the fuel, eg in a diesel. Some service stations may unknowingly have water in their tanks?

Rusty
Rusty

Hi

I don’t know I’ve got a petrol engine

Budget Direct   DM

Hello, you are welcome to lodge a claim for contaminated fuel. These get reviewed case by case as each claim is based on it's own merits.

Tommy L · Car Insurance

I want to know if a uninsured driver hits my car. Will the insurer repair my car whether or not they can get money from the uninsured driver? Does my car get repaired straight away? Or do i have to wait til the money owing is recovered?

smoky

They will do all they can to denial your claim the claim service is full of people that will muck you around for months then denial your claim don't go near this shody company

Tommy L

Cheers mate. Definitely will not go with them. Too many bad reviews with claims.

BeachedAz

My experience (I've never made a claim), they're quick at getting the money from you but what are you getting? I've just had 3 telemarketing calls that were insurance related and they seem to do the tactics you've mentioned if you do need to make a claim, so what's the point?

Budget Direct   DM

Hi Tommy, Thank you for choosing Budget Direct Insurance.

This will depend on the cover type you have purchased. If Comprehensive cover has been purchased, the answer is yes, we would repair the car once claim authorised and recover from the third party.

If TPPO/TPPFT cover has been purchased, you would need to provide us the at fault drivers full name, address and registration number, and confirm if the third party has insurance or not. If the third party is uninsured, this the only time we would look at repairing the insured vehicle and usually what happens is we cash settle them for cost of repairs or provide $3000 whichever is lesser.

Lepapa
Lepapa · Car Insurance

How do you add a interest party to your car insurance?

Budget Direct   DM

Hello, As we do not need to note the interested party on your car insurance policy, we only ask if the vehicle is financed. Should you require a certificate of currency noting the interested party, this can be issued by your online Policy Manager here: external link

Sadik Cagdas
Sadik Cagdas · Car Insurance

Does Budget Direct cover Fuel Mixture of Diesel and Petrol?

Budget Direct   DM

Hello, Our policy does exclude cover for loss, damage or liability arising out of the use of an incorrect type of fuel.

Suzie
Suzie · Car Insurance

I'd like to cancel my policy with budget direct, for no other reason but financial as I recently got a cheaper quote.

Can I email this information across (if so please provide email address) or is it necessary to call?

Dea
Dea

When I get the renewal notice, I call them. I've always been given some kind of discount. And if you have a cheaper quote then I'm sure they'll review it. I've never managed to get a cheaper quote tbh.

Sharryn McNeil · Car Insurance

I got an online quote and were the cheapest. This is the easy part and am wondering how they go when you make a claim?

kushi
kushi

its not easy as you think, they give online quotes, when you want to claim , that's when the drama starts, i took to the their direct repair centre in laverton, they will always try to reject the claim if they can, they didn't do a good job. total unprofessional. never go there. the simple thing is if you pay lemon you get lemon. that's all.

StuartMedia
StuartMedia

If you want my advice, you will look elsewhere for Car Insurance. Budget Direct are as shonky as they come. Customer Service doesn't exist, you will be lied to, stuffed around and if you believe some of the other reviewers, the repairs will be second rate. From my experience they will do all they can to find a way to reject your claim, so be warned. Remember you only get what you pay for!!

smoky

Budget direct is the shoddyest Australia company l have had the misfortune to deal with in 50 years take your money with a smile but if you make a claim treat you like a criminal took 6 months to settle only when legal action pending did they settle completely false and downright dodge company give them a big miss

Sharryn McNeil

Thanks everyone for your replies.

anna
anna

They are lovely on the taking of your money and setting up your policy. They are appalling when it comes to putting in a claim. I had a couple of policies with them for many years. I then went to claim, I have now taken my business elsewhere as I wouldn't trust them to do the right thing. There policies appear to be tweaked so that they can get away with murder.

will carson
will carson · Car Insurance

i got a 230K car , should i go with budget direct? seems they are for low-middle budget cars?

Les

Don't there claim service is full of lies

John W
John W

Definitely. Highly recommend it. Despite common thinking, they excel at higher priced cars through their careful application process

Blair S.
Blair S.

Their Customer Service stinks. If you have to lodge a claim, you will be stuffed around, lied to and die waiting for any sort of follow up. You would be a fool to take out Insurance with this mob!

BeachedAz

Stay away. Go with Allianz (better track record) and just pay the extra.

Nerf
Nerf · Car Insurance

My 25 year old son took out comprehensive insurance with budget direct .. the car had a RWC .. unfortunately he was involved in a accident two weeks after getting the car and his licence and the car is a right off ... Budget direct won't pay the claim as they say he didn't supply an independent condition report .. im confused . Doesn't a RWC suffice anymore ? Has anyone else heard of this new rule?or are they just trying nonsense so they don't have to pay out ???

Elf

I was a push of a button away from getting insurance with Budget Direct due to cheap quote but the level of negative reviews I'm seeing here just scares the hell out of me. Thank God for these reviews, I'm now willing to pay couple of hundred bucks more than regret later.

Elf

On a second thought, BD is relatively better than the rest in terms of percentage of bad reviews vs. good reviews. Guess will have to stick with the least undesirable.

Hyper nerd
Hyper nerd

A Vehicle only has to be of a road worthy condition at the time of the actual test. The certificate is only valid for 30 days for administration reasons e.g. Transfer of ownership. What is meant by this is that after a car has been check there is nothing stopping a persons from making a vehicle unroad worthy. For example a vehicle passes with good tyres and after the certificate has been issued they then take the wheels off and put bald tyres on the vehicle. Vehicle still has a current RWC however the tyres are now unroadworthy. A RWC is not a condition report it is a declaration that a vehicle 'was' road worthy at a certain time however it may not be now. This is a common misconception. Out of interest in Victoria it is also illegal to sell a car with registration unless you the seller have provided a current RWC. So when you sell your car with rego and no RWC you are still liable for all fines and infringements relating to the car.

Roglyn

They will mess you around as much as they can until you give up. Take my advice everyone stay away from this chonky lot

Lee Baxter
Lee Baxter · Car Insurance

Iv got a panel shop I want to start doing insurance work. How do I go about doing that ?

Les

Don't they screw you like there is customs

Kate · Car Insurance

I received a renewal notice for comprehensive car insurance from Budget Direct. It was at a much higher price than my policy last year at $913.70. I didn't know that they could automatically debit the credit card which I paid with last year. I am really annoyed that they can do this. I thought that if you didn't renew insurance, it would lapse. As this is all done now, what can I do to cancel policy and how much money will I lose? Does the 21 day cooling off period apply? I have another car which I have just taken insurance out with them as well.

Devon
Devon

No more cooling off period once you've passed the initial 21 days. I would suggest you pay the cancellation fees and look for a better insurer

Kate

Thanks Devon. I have since cancelled both policies with them. One was within the 21 day cooling off period so I will be refunded in full. Passed the 21 days on the second car but I only have to pay a small penalty fee of $40 plus the prorata amount. The cheapest insurance I have found is Woolworths comprehensive car insurance at $350 per car but best to research yourself.

Richelle
Richelle · Car Insurance

Hi there, I bought my car from my aunty last December 2016 and from that time I applied for a car insurance online from Budget Direct. I then pay the insurance fortnightly. My concern is that I won't be able to use the car for quite some time and would like to cancel it. How can I cancel the insurance? Do I need to pay some fees for the cancellation? Thanks.

just get the hell out BD = lies direct

Budget Direct   DM

Hello, Should you wish to cancel your policy, we have alive chat facility on our website where a consultant would be happy to assist. Alternatively, you can contact us on 1300 306 560 between 8:00am and 10:30pm EST Monday to Friday, or 8:00am to 5:00pm on Saturday. For more information regarding cancelling a policy, please see page 13 of our Product Disclosure Statement here: external link

Rob
Rob · Car Insurance

I am only THINKING of switching fro APIA to BUDGET DIRECT as the much lower annual price is nearly half that of APIA, I am less interested in how easy it is to sign up and more interested in what people have experienced when it has come time to make a claim. What was the service like then?

mjpss
mjpss

very bad claim service you get what you pay for. my advice don't do it.

Steven Seagull
Steven Seagull

My grandma always used to say, "life is like a box of chocolates, you never know which one you'll get".

So too are insurers except for one - just keep away from Youi Insurance because the way they are going, ASIC & The Senate Enquiry could close them down.

James G
James G

Very poor service Rob. Budget is true to its name, 'budget' insurance. If you do not what a budget response in service or to a claim I would strongly advise you to stay with an established company of good reputation.

donna
donna · Car Insurance

I have received notice that my car insurance is due for renewal. However, I will be overseas for the last 6 months of this year, and my car will be housed in a garage in the country at my sisters house where it will be safe. I do not want to get locked into a contract while the car is not in use. Please advise of your policy on suspension or cancellation of a policy before the 12 months has expired of the contract. If I cannot do this then I will not renew, thank you

RJ M
RJ M

This is not Budget Direct Donna.

Fill out this form to contact them https://secure.budgetdirect.com.au/pc/bdapply?hPID=COREEU&hSty=BUDD&prdCls=PC

Perhaps they could just suspend it for the last 6 months for you.....

Budget Direct   DM

Hi Donna, ​We do not currently have an option to suspend policies for any period of time as our policies are a 12 month contract and should they be cancelled outside the 21 day cooling off period a $40 cancellation fee will be applied. Please let me know if we can provide any further information - Morgan

sally nasr
sally nasr · Car Insurance

can i download my car photos to budgetdirect?

Budget Direct   DM

Hi Sally, if you purchase a policy and need to upload photos as part of the process you will be sent a link to our smart-capture website where you can upload five photos of the car for our condition inspection. This does not apply to brand new cars. Please let me know if we can provide more information - Morgan ​

P. Maloney · Car Insurance

Can't understand how full review can be done if claim with this or other Insurance company you sign with is complete. Many of the 'great' 5 star reviews listed amount to a customer making application and paying out cash which of course is easy. They are always happy when you sign up to commit for a period of time. Its when you make a claim and many of the claims result in issues that a review can honestly be judged. When you buy a vacuum cleaner you don't give it a good review until you use it . Not just when you pay for it. Same goes with insurance. Reading the claims about this company show many happy customers parting with money but please ignore these incomplete transactions and look at the claims performance then you get an insight as to actual performance and it is not a pretty sight. Insurance companies should never be judged on price alone and sign up performance as its incomplete, inaccurate, and very misleading. Would love to know if anyone else shares this opinion.

Randallj
Randallj

Mr Maloney

Sir I have made a claim with Budget Direct about 12 months ago and had no problem all done over the phone the other driver even took off without leaving his details no problem my car was repaired and back in a week lifetime warranty on repairs choice of repairer all good as I said excellent service

P. Maloney

Hi Sir, I actually think you are missing my point. I am not disputing that many people have made successful claims with Budget Direct and other insurance companies. I am pleased that you have had no issues. My point is that many people are claiming that this and other Insurance companies are great and all they have done according to their reviews is paid an amount for coverage and on that basis only have stated they are a 'great' Company. That is misleading. You personally can attest that Budget Direct are a good company because you paid your premium and made a claim and therefore used the full service. They are entitled to a positive review. As I said you cannot review a product simply by paying for it without using the FULL service. Many reviewers have done this. This is an inherent weakness in this review system. If you were to buy an airline ticket and the purchase process went smoothly but you did not fly with the airline how can you review their full service.

BrixtonSaint
BrixtonSaint

Absolutely this. Telling me how easy it was to hand over money gives me no insight whatsoever as to how this company deals with you when you actually need to claim. Filter out the gumph and get down to the nitty gritty productreview.com

slimeysideways
slimeysideways

Greetings sir,

My review is based upon the full experience, from starting policy to the claims process. As you said, everythings great til insurance have to pay. My experience with the Bobble Heads left me with the same qualified opinion as yours. Less than impressed with Mr Bobble Heads insurance.

P. Maloney

Perhaps Product Review need to look at this and maybe either only accept reviews from persons that have made claims or award a much lower percentage of stars to a reviewer that has just parted with money and have not made a claim. If you look at the newest page of reviews relating to Budget Direct Insurance they have many positive reviews from people whom have simply not made a claim but just paid for a policy. People MUST look deeper into the reviews and only consider claims performance. If you examine claims performance from this Company it is less than impressive! This would then be consistent with most of the other product reviews on this page and not be misleading.

JackC
JackC

Hey Guys,

Thanks for taking the time to have a discussion about this and using our platform. Hopefully, I can set some light on this! :)

Did you know you can always filter reviews to see if an insurance claim has been made? Without this box on the top right checked, this shows you reviews from users that have and have not made a claim. Checking this box and clicking apply gives you reviews from those that have made a claim (we ask this when a user submits their review). Furthermore, doing this, you will also see a new 'filtered result' and a star rating.

In addition to this, for a period of time, we did only accept reviews for insurance companies from those that have only made a claim. However, we still believe that it is useful information to those looking to switch insurance companies how easy or difficult it is to set up a policy. Other points can also be covered here, for instance, how the customer service was when doing this or the price of these reviewers new policies held up in comparison to other brands.

I hope this helps guys!

Regards,

Jack C.

Content & Community Manager

ProductReview.com.au

kimbloid
kimbloid

I absolutely agree with you Mr Maloney, how can you review a product when you've only just purchased it & handed over the money (unless a reviewer tells us how much it was compared to other suppliers of course). I do appreciate Jack C, the ProductReview manager - thanks for pointing the filter out.

Grgdo
Grgdo

Agree - be careful. We now just discovered that Budget Direct are not nice to deal with. We received a letter as a rating one insurer to advise that they will not offer us a policy. The reason??

Back in 2014 (three years ago), we had hail damage on our roof. On three other occasions over the next few years we had three rear accidents, caused by third parties (and paid by them).

We also inquired about costs to get some carpark damage caused and it was easier for us to pay it directly, so as not to pay the two excesses on the repair. This was noted as a loss, even though we never claimed.

So, now they have written to us to refuse insurance, due to a hail claim that they had to fix.

Now I have to explain why I was booted out of insurance company - with none as fault caused by me.

It doesn't make sense at all...

My sentiments exactly

Tom
Tom · Car Insurance

I have comprehensive car insurance, If a non insurance driver run into my car ; what is going to happen ???

Budget Direct   DM

All comprehensive car policies cover the following perils; Accident, Storm, Hail, Flood, Malicious Damage, Fire, Vandalism, Theft, Attempted Theft, Lightning, Explosion.

If you have full comprehensive cover on your car and you are hit ​by an uninsured third party you ​are entitled to make a claim for the damages caused and our claims department will assist you as well as get in contact with the party who is at fault in an attempt to recover the outstanding damage costs.

Leyrees
Leyrees · Car Insurance

Can a driver not listed on my policy drive my car?

Jmcta
Jmcta

House gold members need to be listed or they are not covered, non-household member don't have to list to be covered

Budget Direct   DM

Hello, You will need to list any household members (including learner, provisional or occasional drivers) who may drive the car throughout the term of the policy​ for there to be any cover extended to them​.​ However any non-household members who may drive the car will be automatically covered, with an additional excess​ (unlisted driver $600)​, subject to any restrictions on the policy​.

Matilda
Matilda · Car Insurance

Hi,

Will I pay the excess even if my car doesn't need to get fixed? only the other's person car has marks on his door.

Budget Direct   DM

Hi Matilda, if you are the party at fault, and there is repairs that need to be made (to your car or the other person's car), then yes your excess will apply. If you have any further questions, please contact me at hello@budgetdirect.com.au. Alysse

Anonymous1286
Anonymous1286 · Car Insurance

I was just wondering, is a Budget Direct car insurance holder supposed to call up and let you know of any of the tiniest scratches or dents caused by myself to own car even though it's not even to lodge a claim ? And I mean the tiniest thing that can be fixed myself by a buff and bit of paint.

Leon P
Leon P

I called them to let them know of some damage to my car, but i would not be claiming and i would pay to have damage fixed myself. When came time to renew, my policy was increased by $180 per year. When i asked why, they told me my risk had increased due to the small scratch and dent that i told them about.

BEWARE what you tell them!

Terry
Terry

Tell them nothing and lie like hell. Check your fine print first

Get an answer from our members and Budget Direct representatives

Select a listing for your question
Budget Direct Car Insurance