Budget Direct Car Insurance

Budget Direct Car Insurance Questions & Answers (page 5)

Verifiedbudgetdirect.com.au
Scott McConchie
Scott McConchie · Car Insurance

Whats with no pay out if your house is Broken into, your car keys stolen & the car stolen & written off????

jovialjames

Is that what they did to you? It doesn't surprise me, they will do anything to get out of paying a claim. The best one I have heard them doing is not paying out on a married woman's claim because her driver's license was in her maiden name. That is the sort of thing they are famous for. If your keys are left in the car, I can understand why an insurance company won't pay but if your house was broken into you should be covered but hey Budget Direct will do ANYTHING to get out of not paying.

Terry

I can confirm this is true. Never tell budget direct you left the keys in your car, ever. They will not pay.

steve · Car Insurance

Does it not bother Budget Direct that they seem to have the lowest ratings when it comes to their ex clients?

Most other businesses would be ashamed, or out of business if their score was that low. Especially when so many would rather post a zero then a 1

Coastside Fitouts PtyLtd
Coastside Fitouts PtyLtd

So true. They didn't take into account that we didn't claim for the 3 years prior and that we had 6 cars with them! I'm so annoyed with them. We only had one other incident with wrong fuel in the car and we tried to claim but they said they wouldn't cover it. The mechainc said they were the only insurance company that doesn't cover that. So out of the 6 cars and the years of paying them about $6,000 a year they still wouldn't give us our pre paid money back after we sold the vehicle. Not happy at all and am taking all of our vehicles of them straight away.

CallaSpadeaSpade
CallaSpadeaSpade

Thanks for the warnings on Budget Direct. I am searching for insurance and will stay WELL AWAY from this mob of thieves.

Terry

No they don't give a damn. They just spend more on misleading advertising. The policy conditions are what they exploit once you claim. Dodgy as hell

steve

When it comes to the advertising about being voted the best insurer, it makes you wonder how much they pay for that with the magazines involved. One big con, top to bottom. Went back to AAMI, and am glad I did as was hit by someone and AAMI sorted it all out, repairers of our choice with hire car as well and no penalties.

brad
brad · Car Insurance

I am a current bd isurance holder, while not dealing with what most of these people complain about, i have now noticed that i havent been able to talk so the same person more then twice, however each person has been helpful some more then others, some telling me im at fault some telling im not, like today,

My qestion is: i know that you guys keep a record of who we talk to every time we call..... So i would like to know why i cant be transfered to that person each time, i also know that you guys try to get us to the same person by giving us their office phone number that we can key in when we call in when asked if we have one or not, i also know that at times the person that ive been dealing with previously is busy... SO??? Shouldnt i be given choice to wait for her to finnish and the. Take my call?

Ultimately so long as you guys fight for me and my car that was damged and left with a $2500 bill, you can have your $214 a month!

Budget Direct   DM

Hi Brandon, Thanks for your question. We do our best to allocate a personalised claim consultant to each individual claim - however, when someone calls in they may already be on the phone with another customer or away from their desk. I've also responded to your review, so please email through your claim number to hello@budgetdirect.com.au and we will be in contact to assist. Alysse

Pmela
Pmela · Car Insurance

I received a letter N3E267991 giving a 25% discount. Why and will it be given in future years?

How much does the Rating One protection option cost?

Pamela McMaster

Joe Taylor
Joe Taylor

I am not aware of this offer, can assure you if Budget Direct offered it there will be a catch. Remember my complaint was based on an inquiry not a claim.They branded me as a risk client because of my inquiry. Hope this helps regards JT

Budget Direct   DM

Hi Pamela, our current 25% discount on comprehensive car insurance (that was listed on your quote, as well as online) is a limited time offer, so I cannot guarantee it will be available in future years. If you would like to discuss our policy options and discounts with a Customer Service Leader, please send your contact details to hello@budgetdirect.com.au and we will be in touch. Alysse

Celso Dinglasan
Celso Dinglasan · Car Insurance

I just want to ask If I am cover now in gold comprehensive car insurance, on last night my payment details submitted?

bretann
bretann

With the poor reputation this company has, your cover may not be active until they have 'processed' your payment.

With the bad reports about this company I am amazed you chose to insure with them -- remember a fool and his money are soon parted

Suzana
Suzana

I don't understand why you even bothered to insure with Budget Direct if you have read all the reviews. We have changed all our insurances to AAMI and wish we never left them in the first place for the sake of saving a few dollars, those few dollars could have put us in a serious financial situation. Budget Direct does not discriminate no matter what level of cover, they will always find an excuse to get out of any payment on their behalf. We were even charged a payout figure when we cancelled our policies with them even after the way they treated us ( we were not at fault in our incident).

Budget Direct   DM

Hi Celso, thanks for submitting your question. I can confirm that your policy is active and that you are covered. Please email me at hello@budgetdirect.com.au if you have any further questions. Alysse

jovialjames

What cover? There is no cover with them, they will do ANYTHING to get out of paying a claim. Why did you even bother insuring with them? Didn't you read the reviews if people who tried to make a claim? Cancel your policy and pick another company. Any of the other major brands are decent compared to this mob.

Terry

Renowned in the industry as the worst company. Cancel any policies you have with these crims

Nickylou
Nickylou · Car Insurance

About 6 months ago, we went for dinner and when we returned, noticed someone had backed into us. I contacted the club to check if their cameras had picked anything up, but after checking, was told they didn't. So i have had a couple of quotes to get it fixed finally and have it booked in this week. Can I get it fixed under insurance given the time that has passed and would this effect my no claim bonus? Would it also affect my husbands as a listed driver?

Budget Direct   DM

Hi Nickylou, thanks for getting in contact with us. It is difficult for me to answer your question without knowing the specifics of your policy. Please could you email your contact details to hello@budgetdirect.com.au so we can touch base with you and answer your questions accurately. Alysse

wazza58
wazza58

it will i just got told by naomi that i lose my rating 1 because my car got vandalised by hoods which was reported more money and rating 3

jovialjames

Good luck getting any payment from them. They will most probably pull a rabbit out of the hat. They will make any excuse not to pay. I'd say not putting the claim in on time would be a "no brainer" excuse they could use but others could be a parking ticket you got 3 years ago or maybe an accident your ex girlfriend had in your car 18 years ago, etc. etc. etc. They will drive you nuts with the claim process in short I don't like your chances.

kluger799
kluger799 · Car Insurance

I have a full cover insurance with BD covering drivers over 40 years of age. Now my son comes to his driving age and I need to help him. I wonder in my case how the current insurance policy deal with the learner drivers? Will my son be covered while driving in his L? if yes what will be the excess among for at fault claims? Thanks

Norman

Budget Direct   DM

Hi Norman, thanks for your question. Learner drivers who are household members are not automatically covered - they will need to be listed as a registered driver on your policy. ​​In terms of excesses, an extra excess ​​would apply for a driver under 21 years of age and for not holding a full Australian Licence for less than 2 years. If you would like further clarification on any of these points, please do not hesitate to email your contact details to hello@budgetdirect.com.au and we will be in touch to discuss.

ITGUY · Car Insurance

Are the reviews on this forum true? I was going to buy online until I read articles on this forum....

Budget Direct   DM

Hi there, thanks for submitting your question. Here at Budget Direct we welcome all forms of feedback, as it allows us to continually improve our service. We also receive a large amount of feedback on our Facebook page (found here external link . If you have any specific questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to send your contact details to hello@budgetdirect.com.au and we will be in touch. Alysse

kristian0.colorado1
kristian0.colorado1

Yes they are true- if you've had any sort of accident claim even if not your fault, even if you were parked and someone hit you don't purchase with Budget. If you have an accident and did not tell them about that accident that wasn't your fault they will NOT pay- before they process your claim they will delve deeper into your history to find a reason to NOT pay your claim. Value for money yes-but aren't there if you ever need them...

Jesse J

Yes they are true! Avoid Budget Direct like the plague!

Micko3
Micko3

If you want to have insurance for your own piece of mind go with Budget because they're cheap.. if you want insurance that will actually look after you and pay out when it matters go for someone like RACQ.. Budget direct is an awful company, never has a car insurance company tried to charge me for cancelling my policy, in fact i forgot to cancel my policy with RACV and they refunded me 4 months insurance. Again, if you want a cheap policy with little to no customer service go with budget direct, if you value customer service and want your claims paid go elsewhere.. and thats coming from someone who use to work for Auto and General.

jovialjames

Yes budget direct is woeful. Stay away and thank all the people on this site who told you about them. They really are horrible to deal with when you make a claim. Have a look at my review.

ITGUY

Thanks for all feed backs, I have chosen other insurer...happy new year

Terry

Good decision as budget direct are the worst and yes these reviews are from people that found out the hard way like me

nadia
nadia · Car Insurance

Hi, Im a budget direct customer with full comprehensive insurance and today i accidentally hit a pole as i was leaving the shopping centre. I did a major scratch to my side door on mazda mpv 2003 model. I was wandering does budget direct help with repair costs as i have full insurance. I know i would have to pay the excess. Just wanted to know if i can get a quote on my car to be repaired. Does anyone know what procedure i should take?. Or is it better to go to my local mechanic and get it fixed , which my husband thinks its over $1000. Any thoughts suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

Budget Direct   DM

Hi Nadia, Thank you for your question. If you have a full comprehensive insurance policy with us, then you may be able to make a claim for the mentioned accident. The best way to lodge a claim is to call 1300 139 591 and we will be able to take you through the claims process and answer any questions you may have. Otherwise, please send your contact details to hello@budgetdirect.com.au and I will organise for someone to contact you directly. Alysse

jovialjames

Good luck trying to get anything out of this company. Be prepared to be totally stuffed around. Have a look at my review and see how I got treated.

Kymbies01
Kymbies01 · Car Insurance

i have received quotes for two vehicles i was thinking of moving over to Budget Direct - i am awaiting the policies in the mail and am aware that i have a 21 day cooling off period - after reading all of the poor reviews what can you tell me to make me stay with you rather than another insurer - reg no of one of the vehicles is KLL53 - i am sure you can check?

Budget Direct   DM

Hi Kymbies01, Thanks for taking the time to post your question. Like all insurance companies, we receive a mix of positive and negative feedback across the internet including Product Review, Mozo and even Facebook. What sets us apart from our competitors is our commitment to customer service and taking an open and honest approach to feedback from our customers. Where we can, we'll go above and beyond to help resolve any issues or questions you may have.
I'm excited to hear that you've decided to trust Budget Direct with your car insurance and I hope that you take your own experience so far into consideration before choosing to continue with us or not. But if you have any questions or concerns at all I'd be more then happy to address these. Please let me know and I'll have someone contact you as soon as possible. Alysse

James Lade
James Lade

Do not insure with Budget Direct. They are not transparent in their policies. You do not know what they have undisclosed (hidden) in their underwriting document - my daughter was caught in this trap.

James

Liz
Liz

I am not an employee. I am just a satisfied customer so I thought it was fair to say that both my husband and I have our cars with them, have both had claims o we the years and both were happy with the outcome and service.

Mumof281
Mumof281

Unfortunately you will have people happy and unhappy with all insurance companies. Any company could deny a claim or cancel someone's insurance. I'm looking at switching from aami as I'm not happy with their service and lack of fight when we were clearly not at fault with an accident however they were "too lazy" to fight it. That being said I wouldn't tell someone else not to insure with them as we all have different experiences and circumstances

PrincessMaggy
PrincessMaggy

I'm regularly reminded (and today especially aftet my claims experience with budget direct) that you will always get what you pay for....

Jesse J

DO NOT insure with Budget Direct!

jovialjames

After reading all the reviews here, why would any sane person insure with them. Stay away. This is the worst insurance company I have ever heard of. Have a look at some of the reviews.

Helen
Helen · Car Insurance

Do you have a PHone /no ?

Budget Direct   DM

Hi Helen, If you are after a quote for car insurance or home and contents insurance, the best phone number is 1800 700 027. If you need to make a car insurance claim, please call 1300 139 591, or to make a home & contents claim please call 1800 069 336. If you would like to speak to our customer services department about our policies in general, please call 1300 306 560.
Regards, Alysse

Kimi Yamemoto
Kimi Yamemoto · Car Insurance

im 26 used to pay roughly $500 untill I took a corner too far and lightly touched another car in the supermarket I waited in car for people to come back and appoligised gave them my details etc.. and got theirs as it was a light scuff paint came off my car (other party rubbed paint of their bumper and was no damage at all to their car so they never put in a claim) dad called up to find out what we should expect if they claimed all of a sudden im bumped up to high risk and have to pay $700 what should I do?

Budget Direct   DM

Hi Kimi, We're here to help and would like to have our Claims Leader look into your situation. However, without knowing your policy number it's hard for us to assist further. Please email hello@budgetdirect.com.au with your preferred contact phone number and policy number so we can arrange a call to you and see if there's anything we can do .Thanks, Essie.

bala
bala · Car Insurance

This month i met an accident with a truck in a 100 km zone. nothing wrong with me. the fault was with the truck man. luckily i escaped from the accident. i got an injury in my chest. still i am in rest. ambulance and police came to the spot with in 10 min. my fault was i did't get the details of the truck man, involved vehicle number and public wildness.( due to my medical condition) but police investigated. with in a week i got an settlement from the insurance to the market value for my car because the car written off. ( they finalised the case. the reply was we can't get reply from the police station) they took excess $ 600. just 1 month before only i paid the full premium insurance money. budget direct said i can't get the insurance money back. i gave the police file number and the police officer details to them. i need a clarification.fault is not my side .why the insurance company said premium will not be refunded.

Unhappy Customer
Unhappy Customer

I can't believe that happened to you. That is ridiculous position of Budget Direct Car insurance and awful that the truck diver that is really low.

Budget Direct   DM

Hello, without knowing your full claim details it’s hard for me to comment. I would like to have our Claims Team Leader look into your situation further. Please email me at hello@budgetdirect.com.au with your policy or claim number and a preferred contact number and I will arrange for our Claims Team Leader to follow up your concerns. Regards, Essie.

ANGIE C

NO FAULT = NO EXCESS! The rest is immaterial whether you personally got details of the truck driver at fault or the Police did by further investigation.

Let’s say you were severely injured and had to be taken to Hospital, how would you be expected to take details!? No Insurance Company would be that blatantly irresponsible against a policy holder?

On the other hand, your claim went through within a week and sometimes Police reports do take awhile to be verified. Meanwhile Budget Direct may have acted swiftly on your claim; here you received market value minus the excess.

In short, if you say you paid full premium insurance; that is not refundable, but your excess of $600.00 should never have been deducted, given all the reports and details!

I believe Budget Direct needs to clarify this with you and I would appreciate you telling us more about the outcome. This is something worth knowing for all of us whom have Budget Direct as their Insurer – be it a year later :)

budget direct
budget direct · Car Insurance

Does the vehicle have yo be registered before I can get insurance? ta

Budget Direct   DM

Hello, thanks for your enquiry. We can organise a quote for you even if the vehicle is yet to be registered. If the vehicle is brand new our Sales Team can organise insurance. However, you will need to arrange registration ASAP and then call our Customer Service Team so we can update the policy with these details. If it's a second hand car or a car of your own that's been unregistered for a certain amount of time then we will require the registration number before proceeding. If you would like me to arrange for one of our consultants to give you a call to organise a quote or discuss this is more detail please email hello@budgetdirect.com.au. Thanks, Essie.

Ron Usher
Ron Usher · Car Insurance

Is it possible to suspend my insurance policy for a period ot two months, while I am travelling overseas???

ANGIE C

Hello Ron, I believe your question would be better asked of the Insurer to obtain all the facts whether or not they can suspend an insurance policy. I wager they would not and that it would not be in your best interest to do so either.

Having an uninsured car, house and contents or anything whilst away on holiday is false economy and peace of mind. If anything untoward was to happen in your absence; plainly you would not be covered!?

P.S. I hope your taking out Travel Insurance?

Cheers and keep covered – Angie4124 :)

Budget Direct   DM

Hi Ron, thanks for your enquiry. Unfortunately we're unable to suspend a policy. If you would like to speak to one of our consultants about your options please email hello@budgetdirect.com.au with your preferred contact number and time so I can arrange a call to you. Thanks, Essie.

listengart
listengart · Car Insurance

Policy 115187024 01 E. Listengart 106/2 Crews st. Windsor 3181 efim3@mail.ru

9.04.13 I call to Budget-cancel my policy after 20.04.13.because I have polcy for car ins.APIA.

But you took $469 from my bank account. 24.04 I sent email CSD@budgetdirect.com.au.

24.04.13 I call by phone and women promise return money to my account 26.04.13.

please inform for my email (efim@mail.ru) when you return money ?

Your siserely E.L

Phil1950
Phil1950

Contact Budget for the return of your money, nothing to do with Product Review

Nicki
Nicki · Car Insurance

If I took out a 12 month comprehensive car insurance policy and I have now sold the vehicle and still have 3 1/2 months insurance left can I cancel my policy and do I recieve a pro rata rebate for the cost I have paid out

ANGIE C

From my experience Nicki; our remaining amount of insurance was forfeited as we had an Insurance claim with our vehicle being written-off; here there was no pro-rata rebate :( when we asked. However in your case, having sold a vehicle you are best to call Budget directly. Cheers – Angie4124

ray
ray · Car Insurance

i have just cancelled my car insurance policy with budget direct 5 months into the year as i have sold my vehicle. i have no claims during the period of the policy and the customer service advisor was very polite and helpful but no mention of a refund am i entitled to one ??

Budget Direct   DM

Hi Ray, without knowing your full policy details it’s hard for me to comment about your situation specifically. However, in most cases if a policy is paid in full and then cancelled, and there were no claims lodged, you would be entitled to a refund. Please email me at hello@budgetdirect.com.au with your policy number so our Customer Service Team can call you to discuss your situation. Thanks - Essie.

Cee Martin
Cee Martin · Car Insurance

What car insurance company is best for price and claim settlement?

coogeegal
coogeegal

Try getting online quotes from Bingle or Buzz insurance and do a comparison. Not sure how good they are with claims however.

Get an answer from our members and Budget Direct representatives

Select a listing for your question
Budget Direct Car Insurance