Budget Direct Car Insurance

• Job Satisfaction

Amon

AmonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Absolute Dogs!!

These people are absolute dogs. Don’t care about you or your situation. Took over 6 weeks to resolve a claim and over 20 hours worth of phone call.I also have a newborn baby and had to use my wife's car and my family was stuck at home. They said they didn’t give a damn about my situation. I was left in the dark the whole time. Had to track down different departments myself. Was told false information by a nob end called [name removed] in the claims department. Would definitely not recommend these dogs!!

Struggles

It has been a struggle to get in touch with Budget Direct - I have phoned them 3 to 4 times and have not been able to get in touch with them .
They do not call you and leave all the responsibility to the customer .
I must say I have been regretting the change from my previous insurer as this has been nothing but headache .

Brendan

BrendanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Hopeless claims process

The whole claims process was a debacle and dragged on for months, I must have called Budget Direct 20 times during this period and wasted endless hours either on hold or being transferred around. They never once provided an update, it was always up to me to keep phoning them to get an answer. The internal departments don't speak to each other which only exacerbates the issue. Complete waste of my time. I have since canceled my policy and will never use them again. Oh, and don't expect a premium refund of any sort when you cancel!

Find out how Budget Direct Car Insurance compares to other Car Insurance

STAY AWAY!!!!! The worst company I've dealt with!

My claim has been outstanding for months now. I have provided all details about the claim and sent requested forms immediately for processing. Budget has failed to contact me regarding the progress of my claim. I have chased third party insurers for reference numbers and details of the other party, I have made the phone calls to the bus company that was responsible for the accident. Despite providing all these details to Budget no outcome has been reached. My vehicle remains damaged and they are not even contacting me to say what has happened. I should be paid by Budget as I'm doing the work and they're taking my money! Unfair, unjust, incompetent, lazy and UNRESOLVED and inapt to do what I pay them to as a customer.

Easy and trust worthy

Very good customer service. My car was recently written off which I was held at fault. To lodge the claim was very easy, only took about 20 mins on the phone. There were no inapropriate questions or badgering. From there I did not have to contact them once, they were the ones contacting me if anything else was needed or if there were any administrative issues. They valued my car via red book, which was a very appropriate evaluation. It took 2 weeks from lodging the claim to receiving the settlement. Overall extremely happy with my service

Mark

MarkGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Budget Insurance

Budget does not like to honour the claims they tend to hang up when you try to phone them and make excuses to not pay for claims by over complicating there policy wording buyer be ware they will do you over if they can so I had to pay for my own repairs I'm lucky it will only cost me $2500 Imagine if it was $30000 they just told me they would not pay unless I show them proof Ill see them in court.

Max

Max

Why can’t I give zero.

Used a loophole to get out of paying a car accident claim. Should have stayed with NRMA. I hope no one in your family ever makes an honest mistake and is punished for it.

Adds terms and conditions including extras after

Budget direct added an additional extra because I'm under 25, this was not mentioned anywhere before I got the insurance. It does not make sense. How can a listed driver be made to pay additional excess for something the company already knows.

Poor customer service if you expect better care when you are not at fault

James K

James KSydney

If you don't expect communication then Budget Direct is for you.

They simply will not phone or email me to update me on my claim. I am having to chase them with multiple phone calls and emails. It has been over one month since the claim was lodged and I have no idea on progress. Last I heard was 2 weeks ago when they were going to determine who was at fault and get back to me. So I am now having to chase them again. Usually it takes 2 emails for them to then call me. Given the amount of money I pay them each month I expect far better. Once this claim is finalised I will DEFINITELY be switching insurer.

Texas

TexasMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Yes , there monthly rates are great, but wait until you actually need to make a claim !

Macy

Macy

Find your own way back to get your car!!!

Had my car damaged during recent hail storm in Melbourne. Dropped my car off at hail repairers organised by A&G insurance (Budget) and they arranged for a cab to get me home Now due to pick up my car and when I asked how am I getting in there, was told by repairer that Budget don't pay for a return trip to pick the car up. Rang Budget and told the same thing. So I have to pay my own way to get back in. Had another car repaired by RACV who paid for a cab both ways. Now I know why they are 'Budget'

H.Duong

H.DuongSydney, NSW

Don't buy Budget Direct, especially when you're holding a provisional license

David

David

What a joke! 0 stars

I updated my address and realised I made a small window chip claim 3 years ago, added it into my policy for transparency and my insurance premium went from $2000 to $4000 annually. Wow, what a joke? Then the guy said 'oh ill try and do something about that'. If that's what you think you can do off the bat with peoples policies then you're unethical.

Gabriel

GabrielPerth, WA

Horrendous, Slow and a lack of care

Has been 2 weeks since an incident, called up multiple times just to get pushed back and told a later date that the assessor will be ready by, Just to finish phoning up today for them to say that there assessor is on holiday and are waiting for someone to come have a look, freaking horrible customer service and not to mention they sent my car to a 2 star reviewed smash repair.

TDevil

TDevil

Useless when needed

Had a major accident, didn't even tow my car for two weeks. And were very slow and using every excuse possible to reject the claim. Changing insurance as soon as I can.

Sri

SriSydney, NSW

Up and Down with Budget Direct Claim

I submitted my claim on 9th Feb 2020 and contacted the insurance company three times a week to update myself with the progress. Every step of the claim process has been faced with significant delay without any explanation from their end. The call centre staff are polite, but my assessor has been quite difficult to deal with, but in the end he approaches me more properly with less aggression after I made a couple of complaints against him . On 10th Mar 2020, I have received a call from the assessor advising the market value of my written-off car which is above my expectation and I am very happy with the outcome. Thank you, Budget Direct.

Stace

StaceGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Dishonest policy, dishonest assessors

CheAp

EAsy to set up have been with you since the middle of September in the year 1919 and hope this insurance company is honest as we are looking for a insurance company to insure our home and contents as well

Dipal

DipalGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst insurance company to deal with

They very nice and polite to give policy. But ones you lounge a claim one of worst company to deal with they give even appointment to look car after 1 month atlist. They after take woke to look car just assume how long they will to fixed car. Forever.
Can some one help for what I need to do with fight with this fake people.

See all Budget Direct Car Insurance reviews