Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance

• 1-2 weeks (1)
    • 2-4 weeks (3)
    • 1-2 months (6)
    • 3+ months (6)
  • Claim ApprovedYes · No (29)

Rell
Rellmelbourne, vic

Would not pay legitimate claim

Had legitimate claim denied as they took too long to assess and then claimed it was not real
Do anything to stop you actually claiming without them paying on real legitimate claim

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid
Claim DateFebruary 2021
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Rell, thank you for sharing your claims journey with us. We are sorry to hear this was your experience. Please email us at social@budgetdirect.com.au with your policy number and address noted and we will look into it for you. *Aina

Roche2011
Roche2011Scarborough

Typical Insurance Company

After discovering water damage to our kitchen cabinets it was very disappointing to learn that our insurance policy doesnt cover it. Another insurance policy full of loop holes and exclusions. A shear waste of our money. Perhaps Budget Direct should stop sending out free pizza vouchers and start covering for real life situations.

Coverage TypeContents Only
Property TypeVilla
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid
Claim DateApril 2021
Vinod
VinodGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible Customer Service: Pay money ontime for insurance but never put a claim if you have any problem.

• +6Thumbnail
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateJanuary 2021
Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

Darren
DarrenBrisbane

They exclude anything you would realistically want to be covered for

Don't fall for their low price, when something happens you'll end up having to go fix it out of your own pocket as their PDS conveniently excludes pretty much anything worth covering. Absolute joke. Had to chase nearly daily for 3 weeks for them to finally give me their assessors report. The report had price gouging in it to bring it over the excess, and actually excluded the main point of concern due to their PDS.

Claim DateNovember 2020
Luc
LucAU

Great company until you need to claim

the story is that I had a storm claim on my house Insurance The immediate response by their builder was it was a maintenance issue , the house was in excellent condition and I had paid for maintenance previously.
Nevertheless they refused to pay a $4000 claim even though I had paid more in premiums than the claim over a couple of years.

I should have not bothered and saved myself $4K

I wont insure with these guys again

Claim DateJuly 2020
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Luc, thank you for your feedback. If there is anything further we can help with, please feel free to email us at social@budgetdirect.com.au. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

Absolute rubbish

Have been with them for 2 years for landlords insurance. Had a recent kitchen fire in the house and when I went to claim I was told that because I had a few claims previously on my own home (that is not insured with Budget direct) and I did not mention it in the proposal they have rejected my claim entirely. I felt I was insured but it seems now that I was not. Don"t be fooled by their cheaper rates. Not worth it if you find you are not covered. You get what you pay for.
They seem to be based on the fact that you have no previous claim history
BEWARE I have now gone to my trusted insurance company (paid a little more) and now have peace of mind. Make sure you ask thorough questions before you consider them

Type of ClaimFire
Wiieally
WiieallyCaloundra

Refused to Honour Policy

We had hail damage to our insured home, they refused to payout and cancelled our policy not to be trusted. They maybe cheap but just hope you never have to claim for anything... Extremely UN-Australian do not go near them

Property TypeOther
kate
kate

Terrible, rip off insurance company that won't pay a cent for legitimate claims

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Type of ClaimImpact at Home
Claim DateJuly 2020
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Kay, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. If there is anything further we can assist with, please feel free to email us at social@budgetdirect.com.au. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Bruce
BrucePerth, WA

Do Not Insure with Auto & General as Underwriters

I purchased a home and contents policy through Budget Direct over the phone. When asked if I had made any claims over the past 5 years I answered "no". Unfortunately I had to make a claim on my own home policy due to some storm damage. After making the claim I was told I had 2 "undisclosed" claims. It turned out that these were on each of my investment properties which are insured through a totally different insurance company. I was never asked about any Investment property claims nor have I ever had to disclose insurance claims that had nothing to do with what I was specifically insuring. Now I am being asked to pay nearly double the premium (later reduced after talking to a manager). I can't help but feel that this is a form of extortion.

Claim DateJune 2020
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Bruce, thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback. If there is anything further we can assist with, please feel free to email social@budgetdirect.com.au. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Home and Contents Insurance

Absolutely do not recommend going through Budget Direct!!! Will be contacting Ombudsman about their Handling of claim

Did absolutely everything in their power to get out of approving our claim and in the 5 months they took to tell us our $5k worth of damage increased to $10K

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateJanuary 2020

Do Not Even Deserve 1 Star

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Connie, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. Please feel free to email us at social@budgetdirect.com.au, and we will be happy to look into this for you. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Pam
PamGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Big problem with Home/Contents insurance- don't pay out for repair services at all

Claim DateJune 2020
ale
aleSydney, NSW

Budget Direct Are Criminals - They Will Never Pay You A Claim

Budget Direct is very happy to take your money... they're also very happy to put any excuse not to pay your claim. Stay away from this company. Insurance companies are not your friends. Budget Direct is probably one of the worst!

Claim DateFebruary 2020
ErrolashGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fault information

I have House and Content Insurance .with Budget Direct.. The reason I went with them was because they were cheaper than. my last insurer ..However its the Big mistake.. I ever made..
I tried to make a claim on my Solar Power Inverter ,,which packed up ..and cost $1500 .to replace.
I was told by they Claim Team I cant claim because the Inverter is to old .. where does my new for old Content .insurance come into operation? I am so frighten now that if my property should burn down what will I be allow to claim...
by careful. with Budget Direct...Cant wait for the policy to end.
I was told my claim would not be approved so I didn't waste time in filling out a claim form This is what I was told by the Claim Team
please be careful

Claim DateApril 2020
Tammy c
Tammy c

House burnt down they won’t pay a cent

Our home burnt down in December. We lost everything. They rejected our claim. We engaged lawyers and have spent $20k fighting this so far.

They refuse to pay out our policy.

They are scumbags.

Type of ClaimFire
Claim DateJanuary 2020
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Tammy. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. Please feel free to email us at social@budgetdirect.com.au and we will be happy to look into this for you. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Regards, Budget Direct.

See all Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance reviews

Leo
Leoasked

Are property fences and retaining walls covered?

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Leo. Thank you for taking the time to contact us. Please feel free to email us at social@budgetdirect.com.au, and we will be happy to provide further clarity on any questions you have. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Rosemary Fonti
Rosemary Fontiasked

I would like a quote to insure house and contents for a weatherboard house in cairns

George
George

I just went to budget direct.com.au and clicked the get a quote button and filled in the required information and a quote is emailed to you simple as that .

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Rosemary. Thank you for taking the time to contact us. Please feel free to email us at social@budgetdirect.com.au, and we will be happy to provide further clarity on any questions you have. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

siga2net
siga2netasked

Does Budget Direct home insurance cover the subsidence, land settling or collapse?

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi, thank you for reaching out. Our policies provide cover for insured events. All this information is located in our Product Disclosure Statement on the website at www.budgetdirect.com.au. If you need any assistance please feel free to chat with us when you are online and we will be happy to assist. Cheers, Budget Direct.

See all Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and Budget Direct representatives

CategoryHome and Contents Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Car, Health, Home and Contents, Landlord, Life, Pet and Travel