Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance

• 3+ months (5)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (18) · No
Azza
AzzaPerth, WA

We had a burst pipe and had to make a claim as we needed a completely new laundry. The customer service was simply excellent! They called me every 2 weeks to give me updates on the progress. Then they continued to call me every 2 weeks while the works were getting done to see if we were happy with everything. There was no push back re approving the claim. They were more then happy to follow up and help with everything. Budget prices but not budget service :)

Property TypeTownhouse
Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid
Claim DateNovember 2020
Customer - WILSONPerth, WA

Impressed at the beginning, only.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Type of ClaimTheft
Claim DateDecember 2020
Jason
JasonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Amazing, friendly, and professional service

I have been with budget for almost 2 years, for both car and home insurance. Every time I need to call the staff are always friendly and happy to help.

Type of ClaimNo Claim Made
Claim DateDecember 2020
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Jason. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We value you as a customer and look forward to continuing to be your insurer of choice. Have a great day. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

Steven
StevenSydney, NSW

Insurance tried to push my family to live in a health hazard house

Type of ClaimFire
Claim DateJune 2020
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Steven, thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback and share this with us. Please feel free to email any further information you may like to provide regarding your claims experience to social@budgetdirect.com.au. Regards, Budget Direct.

Wait until you claim.

Type of ClaimLightning
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

Two claims made on separate properties

After an unfortunate experience with a negligent property manager both of my rental properties were badly damaged. Budget direct handled the claim process so well. I am a customer for life now. Hopefully never to make another claim.

Type of ClaimVandalism/Malicious Damage
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Tom, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. It's great to have you with us, we look forward to being your continued Insurer of choice. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

GeorgeMelbourne

Thank you !

Coverage TypeHome & Contents and Home Only
Property TypeOther
Claim DateJuly 2020
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi George, this is lovely to read! Thank you for taking the time to provide your fantastic feedback. We look forward to being your continued Insurer of choice. Cheers, Budget Direct.

Linda D.
Linda D.Sydney, NSW

This is the worst home insurance ever!!!

The worst insurance company ever! I’m so regret to choose it for my home insurance. After a heavy rain my husband noticed roof leaking in our bathroom we call Budget Direct to make a claim. We paid $500 excess fee to lock in a claim so They sent someone to check. Then they said the leaking was from a hail storm back in February so we have to lock in another claim for the hail storm. It means we have to pay another $500. And now after 4 months 3 people come to check and still not go anywhere. Every time when it’s rain, the roof keeps leaking and getting bigger. We call many times but no answer is given. I’m so DISAPPOINTED and highly NOT recommend Budget Direct!!!

Property TypeDuplex
Claim DateMarch 2020
Ross
RossSouth East Queensland, QLD

Surprised and delighted

Changed to Budget two years ago after decades with a ‘ major’ insurer. Never ever having a claim. Budget was significantly cheaper. Always a worry. BUT, needed to make a claim after water damage from an upstairs accident. Budget was great. ( ok, that’s what you pay for) Everything went quickly and fairly with friendly staff answering enquires efficiently. Not only was the claim paid quickly but they chased down and repaid my excess. I was surprised and heartened. Happy to give Budget top rating because I think they would give the same service to others.

Property TypeApartment/Unit
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateFebruary 2020
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Ross. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We value you as a customer and look forward to continuing to be your insurer of choice. Have a great day. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Kylie
KyliePerth, WA

Would highly recommend

I am a new customer who had a water leakage in the bathroom and budget direct had great customer service on the phone and handled my repairs needed professionally and would highly recommend no problems

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Kylie, this is great to read, thank you! We will be here to help you when you need, so please feel free to reach out if you need any further assistance. Cheers, Budget Direct.

50% increase on Home Insurance

I moved to Budget Direct some years ago to secure a competitive premium.
Last year, we made a claim on a damaged engagement ring which was repaired under our insurance.
I have just found out now, 6 months into my annual agreement, that Budget direct have increased our premiums by exactly 50%.
Similar to others I see, they explain this as due to natural disasters, local factors etc. However in exploring this more closely, I have been told that indeed it is due to my claim, I quote: "..and recovery of the claim".
I strongly recommend not going with Budget Direct, and if you do, and make a claim, expect a hefty increase on renewal.

Anurag Chawla
Anurag ChawlaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Having horrible time with Budget direct claim!!!!

Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid
Claim DateMarch 2020
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Anurag. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. Please feel free to email us at social@budgetdirect.com.au and we will be happy to look into this for you. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Regards, Budget Direct.

Luke
LukeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

A pleasure to deal with

The person I spoke to about my claim was understanding and polite. They told me about the process and what I would need to do in a clear and easy to understand way.

Property TypeTownhouse
Claim DateFebruary 2020
Richard
Richard

1.3 years ago house was robbed and Budget Direct makes every excuse to elongate settlement

Budget Direct are the worst when it comes to making claims. They've made very excuse under the sun to ensure the settlement process is elongated as much as possible to avoid paying their customers in a timely manner. This is their business model.

12 months on and they've still not settled even though they ensure that they will.

They defintely don't take ownership and follow up, they know customers have busy lives and they prey on this.

This review is on behalf on my distraught and upset friend.

Type of ClaimTheft
Claim DateJuly 2018
Angry
AngryBrisbane

Slow, bureacratic, unhelpful, led to more damage to the house

Easy to set up and purchase, hard to actually get a claim processed. A thoroughly miserable process. Claims were really slow to process, they still haven't fixed the cause of the problem and whilst waiting to get the problem assessed more bad weather has led to more damage which was completely avoidable.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateJune 2019

See all Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance reviews

Leo
Leoasked

Are property fences and retaining walls covered?

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Leo. Thank you for taking the time to contact us. Please feel free to email us at social@budgetdirect.com.au, and we will be happy to provide further clarity on any questions you have. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Rosemary Fonti
Rosemary Fontiasked

I would like a quote to insure house and contents for a weatherboard house in cairns

George

I just went to budget direct.com.au and clicked the get a quote button and filled in the required information and a quote is emailed to you simple as that .

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Rosemary. Thank you for taking the time to contact us. Please feel free to email us at social@budgetdirect.com.au, and we will be happy to provide further clarity on any questions you have. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

siga2net
siga2netasked

Does Budget Direct home insurance cover the subsidence, land settling or collapse?

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi, thank you for reaching out. Our policies provide cover for insured events. All this information is located in our Product Disclosure Statement on the website at www.budgetdirect.com.au. If you need any assistance please feel free to chat with us when you are online and we will be happy to assist. Cheers, Budget Direct.

See all Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and Budget Direct representatives

CategoryHome and Contents Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Car, Health, Home and Contents, Landlord, Life, Pet and Travel