Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance

Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance (page 2 of 48)

3.8

Kaila

KailaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Honest REVIEW !

Lady was polite , great , and explained everything though honestly Biggest stuff around on sign up just to make sure I have everything included and all my past claims on their etc then they said they need to review it and make a decision , I’m not going for a loan , I just wanted to transfer to a cheaper provider . Therefore I have decided to stay with RACQ and pay the extra $30 a month for the piece of mind that everything is on their system and I’m covered for EVERYTHING + extras without needing to worry .I can vouch this is a honest review and id say unless you havnt made any claims on home and contents I’d stay with your current provider .

Jes S.

Jes S.Sydney, NSW

Cheap but Impossible to claim on Food Spoilage

Join last December because its cheaper option. Cancelled today because I can't even claim a food spoliage. Lucky this happen otherwise I gonna regret moving my 2 car Insurance to budgetdirect. This is a good test if insurance claim works.

Property TypeVilla
MLW

MLWSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolutely terrible! Avoid at all cost!

Do not choose Budget Direct! My neighbour's old Queenslander burnt down 8 weeks ago killing her. My neighbouring property suffered asbestos contamination and smoke damage. They declined my claim because there was no flame/fire at my property. $30k contents rejected twice and offered me $2k. Disgusting! Budget Direct made a traumatic experience worse. Shame on you.

Property TypeApartment/Unit
Type of ClaimFire
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim ApprovedNo
Claim DateDecember 2019
Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

San

SanMelbourne

Horrible experience with claim advisor Julie

I had home and content insurance policy with budget direct and been paying them all the while but when wanted to claim, the experience was horrible. I sympathise with those who get in touch with the claim advisor with the name of Julie.
She does not listen to the customers and badly needs some training. was always in a hurry without listening to me. Spend 2.5 hrs with 4 different calls and a promise from their customer service agent that the claims manager would call back. Didn’t receive any and when I contacted back guess what, I got connected to same Julie and my horrible experience with her resumed.
This much to withdraw the claim and cancel policy.
Would never ever go back to budget direc

Rut was so easy

I think it was good value and easy to set up. I have had this insurance For a month and have not had to claim. I am hoping that it is as easy to claim that is was to set up.

Wayne M.

Wayne M.

You made it so easy, compared with my old insurer!

First time with insurance company this year, had been with previous insurer for 32 years. Their premiums continue to climb while there benefits fall each time the new policy is renewed.

Property TypeTownhouse
Claim MadeNo

Seems a very fair policy.

Good price and easy to complete policy.
The proof of the pudding will be next years renewal- proving you can keep prices around CPI living growth increases you will prove to me that you care and understand how the world should be helping all.

Luke

LukeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

A pleasure to deal with

The person I spoke to about my claim was understanding and polite. They told me about the process and what I would need to do in a clear and easy to understand way.

Property TypeTownhouse
Claim ApprovedYes
Claim DateFebruary 2020

Horrible

Very cheap policy which is why I signed up with Budget. Totally waste of money as they do not want to help you when you need to claim. I had an awful woman who over and over was saying that this doesnt make sense as though I was lying because the claim to fix a door was so expensive. She would not believe that the wind did blow the door shut causing damage. Clearly this was a young person who has no life experience or she has KPI's to reject claims. My front door is expensive as there is an automatic locking system which is why the quote to fix was so high. I ended up not being able to claim and cancelled my policy but still had to pay for the time I was with them even though they wouldn't cover me. Worst company I have dealt with.

Coverage TypeHome Only
Claim ApprovedNo

So far so good

It was reasonably very easy to set up. Only had the policy for a short while so I have not yet made a claim and hope that I never have to

Coverage TypeHome Only
Claim MadeNo

This service is ok for value

I got a standard policy for my mum very simple good value for money was easy to set up I have had the policy for less than a month lodged no claim as yet.

Property TypeApartment/Unit
kai m.

kai m.Darling Downs, QLD

Really easy and what I needed!!

This was my first insurance policy I had ever taken out and I’m glad I chose budget direct as it was quick and simple! Took 20 minutes to get a quote and be ready to go! Compared to other insurers this is great value for money!

Good value

The home and contents policy I purchased from Budget Direct was substantially cheaper than I could get elsewhere. I hope the service is equally good should I have to claim.

Claim MadeNo

So easy to work with and great value!

Budget Direct we’re so easy to work with. I am saving so much money and they provided easy options for payment. I was also able to easily update my policy as my contents changed.

Claim MadeNo

Affordable insurance with an easy application process. Thank you!!

This is a new policy for me, which was easy and simple to implement. I definitely recommend this service to anyone who needs insurance. Thanks so much for your help!

Mr. Yes

Mr. YesQueensland

Taking loyal customers for a ride

Cheap

Switched from a BIG major insurer ..$500 cheaper def worth the swap.. company was very quick to answer any questions too .. switch to budget direct today ! Very good value recommend

Kelly

KellyGippsland, VIC

Fantastic customer service and great rates!

Have just joined Budget who were the best option for me. Easy to set up, explained the policy thoroughly, gave me options, helpful customer service and fantastic rates! Highly recommended!

Paul Bidmead

Paul BidmeadIllawarra, NSW

Renewal

Easy to set up. Very knowledgeable staff. No claims lodged. New customer. Reinsured just before bushfires in nsw. Happy with policy and premium. Would like to be able to bpay my repayments weekly instead of direct debit fortnightly

Jo Wray

Jo WraySouth East Queensland, QLD

New Customer based on price EXCELLENT .. Efficient online software.

Proof is in the future claim but with less than half the price of my previous insurer, due to extra 30% discount no debate. A good budget save in times of high household costs.

See all Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance reviews

Mark S

Mark Sasked

Hi Jimmy,

I'm both sorry and surprised to hear that your claim was rejected as described.

If I'm understanding your review correctly, Budget Direct has denied a claim for theft and vandalism based on your roof being of a different material to the one you declared? If so they are likely in violation of section 54 of the Insurance Contract Act.

In case you haven't already, you can have your claim reviewed by:
1) lodging a complaint with the insurer's internal dispute resolution service. If that fails -
2) escalate by complaining to the Australian Financial Complaints Authority.

It may also be worth getting legal advice.

Let us know how you get on.

Fired Up
Fired Up

Sorry. I don’t understand. What is your question ?

User

Userasked

( From reading the comments on this site, I am concerned about going with Budget for House and Contents insurance which we pay annually - sounds like they just think they can draw on your account for the next years renewal cost. )
I am also awaiting your answer...

MONTROSE

Two days since my question was asked on the same subject.
Surely someone can give us some information re Budget Direct renewal procedures- particularly a representative from Budget Direct.

howard.grace

no they send out the renewal notice first which tells you your new price and the date it will be deducted

terry

Was talking to them on the phone few days ago and they do have a''auto renewal system '' which you can opt out of BUT MAKE SURE you ask for it if and when you purchase the insurance

MONTROSEasked

From reading the comments re renewals:
- do Budget Direct automatically try to charge your annual cost from your account?
- or do they send out renewal documents advising the new renewal prices and you then choose if you wish to renew?

howard.grace

no they give you a few weeks notice of your new premium being deducted and the price

Thanks for your reply.

This was the only major issue that we had with changing to Budget Direct and suspect this may be an issue if you pay monthly. As we pay annually we hope this will not happen without prior notification.

It was interesting to see that someone else had the same question. Hopefully, there will be confirmation on this site from Budget Direct regarding the renewal process.

terry

Hi i replied to someone else on this issue just a little while ago .Should help

Get an answer from our members and Budget Direct representatives