Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance

• 1-2 weeks (1)
    • 2-4 weeks (3)
    • 1-2 months (8)
    • 3+ months (13)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (8) · No (29)

Neb-Maat-ReAU

Utter incompetence abounds

Hi Ruby

I am expecting someone to call me today to advise that the issue at your end has been resolved and my payment has gone through.

PetePerth

Spike in Yearly renewals. Poor customer service!

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Thanks for your response Pete. You are welcome to email your policy number along with your full personal details to social@budgetdirect.com.au and we will be happy to take a look for you to investigate this for you. *Aina

No thanks Aina,
all details have been documented.

Greg D
Greg DMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Watch out for the catcha's!

Went through the process of a Home & Contents quote, came in at $900 odd per year, wow, or so i thought.

I signed up and added a previous claim that was just for a shower screen well over 3 years ago (and cost just $600) and the premium went up from $85 to $114 per month.

No thanks Budget Ripoff. I cancelled the Policy and went elsewhere.

Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

Fed Up
Fed UpRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Deceptive quoting practice

Filled in details online for a Home and Contents insurance. The "Indicative" price came back @ $2,700/year. Proceeded to "Buy Online Now", filled in some more details - some of which, like claim history, business conducted from premises, etc. was answered previously and none of which should effected the risk - and the final price came back @ $3,300/year. That's what is called click baiting. Beware!

Johan Engelbrecht
Johan EngelbrechtSouth East Queensland, QLD

Selective Insurers

My household Insurance was with Budget Direct. Never had a claim. Moved to Macleay Island. Spend probably 20 minutes on the phone to update my details. Phoned me back and terminated policy with no valid reason whatsoever.

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Rell
Rellmelbourne, vic

Would not pay legitimate claim

Had legitimate claim denied as they took too long to assess and then claimed it was not real
Do anything to stop you actually claiming without them paying on real legitimate claim

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Rell, thank you for sharing your claims journey with us. We are sorry to hear this was your experience. Please email us at social@budgetdirect.com.au with your policy number and address noted and we will look into it for you. *Aina

Roche2011
Roche2011Scarborough

Typical Insurance Company

After discovering water damage to our kitchen cabinets it was very disappointing to learn that our insurance policy doesnt cover it. Another insurance policy full of loop holes and exclusions. A shear waste of our money. Perhaps Budget Direct should stop sending out free pizza vouchers and start covering for real life situations.

CepheusSydney, NSW

Shocking customer service

WarGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No insurance in your area

I live in a quiet leafy suburb, Albanvale Victoria, in 40 years never made an insurance claim and yet when i applied with Budget i found that they dont insure my area. Soooooo Strange

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Good morning, thank you for your feedback. It's great you have considered us for your Insurance needs. Though we're unable to offer cover in the area now, this can change so please feel free to quote with us again, at your next renewal. *James

War

Still no reasons givn, kind of worrying, makes me wonder if you know something about albanvale that no one else does

Home and Contents Insurance

Don’t take out this insurance based on price

I changed insurance companies due to price......big mistake. I unfortunately had to make a claim after storm damage. I was insured for storm damage but budget direct wouldn’t accept claim and cited rising damp. This was clearly not the case. Please read other reviews re claims. I may as well have not been insured.
Please read policy carefully.

Paul
PaulSouth East Queensland, QLD

All Is Good - Until You Consider a Claim for Burst Water Main

Urban Utilities had a burst water main.
Budget Direct Comprehensive Insurance will continue to view you as having made a claim, even though they can recover from Urban Utilities.

So not only appears on your history, though also increases future policies and only MAY return the excess as they have to do recovery work.

This is not done by other insurance companies, eg Suncorp. If not your fault and recovered, then no impact to future policies. In hindsight, will pay the few dollars extra next renewal and return to Suncorp.

First ever report with Budget Direct, last insurance policy I'll take with them.

Budget DirectBudget Direct

In the business of claim denial

The policy is completely useless except perhaps for a small band of accepted claims but I haven't found what they are. I claimed for my laptop which fell from a hook behind a door as I have accidendental cover only to discover that the laptop isn't covered away from the home. I also discovered nor is my mobile phone covered away from the home.

Caveat Emptor, Carpe Emptor...let the buyer beware!

Coverage TypeHome & Contents
Spiro
SpiroMelbourne 3000 au

70% increase for not making a claim 12 yrs.

After 12 continues yrs with BUDGETDIRECT they increased my home insurance from $432.00 to $736.00. I have 3 policies with them & never made a claim, that's how they treat their loyal customers. All because i missed 1 year due to covid-19. We lost our jobs. Come JULY im taking my other 2 car policies elsewhere.

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Sprio, thanks for taking the time to leave feedback. I am sorry to your journey with us has not been favorable. We'll be happy to review your policy to offer options to reduce your premium, by starting a new chat online from our homepage. *James

LeannePerth

Cancelled policy without notice

I had been with budget insurance since 2016 for home & contents insurance. Put 2 claims in last year due to a break in and storm damage. Both claims accepted and completed. Received a letter in the mail February this year advising my policy had been cancelled. When I called to ask why, was told the underwriting department had determined we don’t meet their criteria so cancelled our policy. I asked to speak to a manager and was told NO in no uncertain terms, no one could help me with further information. Subsequently changed insurance providers and am very happy. Won’t recommend budget to anyone.

No thanks

Chris CSyndey

After 10 months Budget Direct are forced to pay out what they should have in the first place.

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Chris, thank you for sharing your journey with us. Feedback such as this is valuable to be able to improve our processes so that this doesn't happen again. *Aina.

See all Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance reviews

Leo
Leoasked

Are property fences and retaining walls covered?

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Leo. Thank you for taking the time to contact us. Please feel free to email us at social@budgetdirect.com.au, and we will be happy to provide further clarity on any questions you have. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Rosemary Fonti
Rosemary Fontiasked

I would like a quote to insure house and contents for a weatherboard house in cairns

George
George

I just went to budget direct.com.au and clicked the get a quote button and filled in the required information and a quote is emailed to you simple as that .

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Rosemary. Thank you for taking the time to contact us. Please feel free to email us at social@budgetdirect.com.au, and we will be happy to provide further clarity on any questions you have. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

siga2net
siga2netasked

Does Budget Direct home insurance cover the subsidence, land settling or collapse?

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi, thank you for reaching out. Our policies provide cover for insured events. All this information is located in our Product Disclosure Statement on the website at www.budgetdirect.com.au. If you need any assistance please feel free to chat with us when you are online and we will be happy to assist. Cheers, Budget Direct.

See all Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and Budget Direct representatives

CategoryHome and Contents Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Car, Health, Home and Contents, Landlord, Life, Pet and Travel