Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance

• 1-2 weeks (2)
    • 2-4 weeks (3)
    • 1-2 months (10)
    • 3+ months (14)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (10) · No (32)

The Sheriff
The SheriffPerth, WA

Not affordable and highly overrated

Highly overrated, don’t be fooled by good reviews as validity of them is a doubt. I have ended my policy after 5 years being with them and every year the increased my premium despite having any claims or an increase to rebuilding value. They are many insurers that offer cheaper price with more benefits. Upon canceling my privacy the consultant did not make any effort asking if there’s any problem even after being loyal client. Already found another insurer with lower excess and lower premium than this company.

Fraud company
Fraud companyPerth, WA

Still no answer

I was contacted regarding the initial post of an unpaid claim from budget direct and was informed that they will look into the claim and get back to me within 3 working days. It has been 1 week since I sent them a responded email and I still haven't heard any feedback.
Budget alright can't even return messages when they said they would.
Would recommend contact a company that doesn't say budget in it.

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Good morning, we have replied to your email. *Aina

***Beware***

After being a long term customer, holding four (4) seperate policies, I submitted a claim.
I had a tenant cause $16,783.38 in malicious damage (holes in walls/ broken windows/ recked the carpet/ recked the blinds/ removed internal doors/ broke the front door so it couldn't be closed/ and the list goes on).
After providing all information including police report and photographic evidence, Budget Direct applied two (2) seperate excesses (valuing $2920), want to honour a compensation payment of only $1,699.54. (Just little over the annual policy premium value)

I believe this is grossly inadequate and proof that this policy, despite covering malicious damage in the PDS, is virtually worthless. ***Beware***

Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

They spend more time and money not paying out claims than keeping customers happy and upholding legitimate claims

had storm damage which damaged the roof of my property, thought it would be a straight forward and simple claim, nearly 8 months later and still have an ongoing dispute with the AFCA to try and get the matter sorted. Will never use them again, they are cheap for a reason. The amount that I am seeking is not even that substantial, I'm quite sure they have spent more money on their 'reports' than the amount I am seeking. The initial case manager i was dealing with was plain rude and was trying her utmost to try make me feel like i was lying.

Michael
Michael

No thanks tried internally to no help

Waste of money

We had severe storm damage to our property and our drive way was washed away, went to make a claim only to be to they don't cover driveways or the trees that got blown down.
Budget by name Budget nature don't waste you money.

Fred
Fred
Budget DirectBudget Direct

I can appreciate you are unhappy with the service received with our claims team. If you would like to provide further feedback, please feel free to email us. We do wish you all the best with your new insurer. *Aina

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Neb-Maat-ReAU

Utter incompetence abounds

Hi Ruby

I am expecting someone to call me today to advise that the issue at your end has been resolved and my payment has gone through.

PetePerth

Spike in Yearly renewals. Poor customer service!

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Thanks for your response Pete. You are welcome to email your policy number along with your full personal details to social@budgetdirect.com.au and we will be happy to take a look for you to investigate this for you. *Aina

No thanks Aina,
all details have been documented.

Greg D
Greg DMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Watch out for the catcha's!

Went through the process of a Home & Contents quote, came in at $900 odd per year, wow, or so i thought.

I signed up and added a previous claim that was just for a shower screen well over 3 years ago (and cost just $600) and the premium went up from $85 to $114 per month.

No thanks Budget Ripoff. I cancelled the Policy and went elsewhere.

Fed Up
Fed UpRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Deceptive quoting practice

Filled in details online for a Home and Contents insurance. The "Indicative" price came back @ $2,700/year. Proceeded to "Buy Online Now", filled in some more details - some of which, like claim history, business conducted from premises, etc. was answered previously and none of which should effected the risk - and the final price came back @ $3,300/year. That's what is called click baiting. Beware!

Johan Engelbrecht
Johan EngelbrechtSouth East Queensland, QLD

Selective Insurers

My household Insurance was with Budget Direct. Never had a claim. Moved to Macleay Island. Spend probably 20 minutes on the phone to update my details. Phoned me back and terminated policy with no valid reason whatsoever.

Rell
Rellmelbourne, vic

Would not pay legitimate claim

Had legitimate claim denied as they took too long to assess and then claimed it was not real
Do anything to stop you actually claiming without them paying on real legitimate claim

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Rell, thank you for sharing your claims journey with us. We are sorry to hear this was your experience. Please email us at social@budgetdirect.com.au with your policy number and address noted and we will look into it for you. *Aina

Roche2011
Roche2011Scarborough

Typical Insurance Company

After discovering water damage to our kitchen cabinets it was very disappointing to learn that our insurance policy doesnt cover it. Another insurance policy full of loop holes and exclusions. A shear waste of our money. Perhaps Budget Direct should stop sending out free pizza vouchers and start covering for real life situations.

CepheusSydney, NSW

Shocking customer service

WarGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No insurance in your area

I live in a quiet leafy suburb, Albanvale Victoria, in 40 years never made an insurance claim and yet when i applied with Budget i found that they dont insure my area. Soooooo Strange

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Good morning, thank you for your feedback. It's great you have considered us for your Insurance needs. Though we're unable to offer cover in the area now, this can change so please feel free to quote with us again, at your next renewal. *James

War

Still no reasons givn, kind of worrying, makes me wonder if you know something about albanvale that no one else does

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Don’t take out this insurance based on price

I changed insurance companies due to price......big mistake. I unfortunately had to make a claim after storm damage. I was insured for storm damage but budget direct wouldn’t accept claim and cited rising damp. This was clearly not the case. Please read other reviews re claims. I may as well have not been insured.
Please read policy carefully.

Leo
Leoasked

Are property fences and retaining walls covered?

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Leo. Thank you for taking the time to contact us. Please feel free to email us at social@budgetdirect.com.au, and we will be happy to provide further clarity on any questions you have. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Rosemary Fonti
Rosemary Fontiasked

I would like a quote to insure house and contents for a weatherboard house in cairns

George
George

I just went to budget direct.com.au and clicked the get a quote button and filled in the required information and a quote is emailed to you simple as that .

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Rosemary. Thank you for taking the time to contact us. Please feel free to email us at social@budgetdirect.com.au, and we will be happy to provide further clarity on any questions you have. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

siga2net
siga2netasked

Does Budget Direct home insurance cover the subsidence, land settling or collapse?

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi, thank you for reaching out. Our policies provide cover for insured events. All this information is located in our Product Disclosure Statement on the website at www.budgetdirect.com.au. If you need any assistance please feel free to chat with us when you are online and we will be happy to assist. Cheers, Budget Direct.

See all Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and Budget Direct representatives

CategoryHome and Contents Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Car, Health, Home and Contents, Landlord, Life, Pet and Travel