Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance

Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance (page 2 of 11)

Listing monitored by Budget Direct

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (2)
    • 1-2 weeks (2)
    • 2-4 weeks (3)
    • 1-2 months (8)
    • 3+ months (14)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (8) · No (32)

anh adam l.
anh adam l.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Quote was DOUBLE THE PRICE

Just received a quote which was double my current price, wouldn't budge at all. Terrible company and customer service from a quote and money point of view. Would not waste time with a call! AVOID

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. If there is something we can help with further, please feel free to email us at social@autogeneneral.com.au. Budget Direct.

Nick W.
Nick W.South East Queensland, QLD

Wouldn’t cross the road on Budget Direct if it were on fire

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Nick, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. If there is something we can help with further, please feel free to email us at social@autogeneneral.com.au. *Budget Direct.

Kelly K.
Kelly K.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Disappointing!!!

When I phoned budget to see if they would reduce my home and contents insurance to match a quote received from another company they said no. I asked if they would reduce the premium by $20 to help me out since I've recently lost my job and the answer was no. Very disappointing. My car is also insured with Budget but apparently this doesn't even count. Needless to say I cancelled my home and contents with Budget and will be going elsewhere and won't be renewing my car insurance with them. Never using Budget again. Clearing not interested in keeping or helping customers.

Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

Shocking

Give these guys a miss, received an email to say my policy was due soon and the documents will come shortly. No big deal, in the meantime I logged onto their online policy manager to check the date of the renewal. After many frustrating minutes my policy was unable to be found by their system despite me having the policy number etc. Called their call centre to find out the date, while on hold for ten minutes I was bombarded every few seconds by a message about how easy their online policy manager was. If they can’t get the simple things right how will they be if I have to claim? I won’t be doing business with these fools again.

Tim

Too late, I'm going elsewhere because of the reason above and because I was dumb enough to buy your roadside assistance service.

Doogle
Doogleperth

AWFUL LYING SCUM

do not pay a cent to this disgusting company. They charged me twice for the same policy, admitted their error and now refuse to refund my fee and refuse to explain why or call me back about it. I have filed an official complaint with ACFA, consumer advocate and am going very public about how terrible, nasty and dishonest this company is. And yes I should have known better...an insurance company called budget direct just has to be grubby, and this mob definitely are

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
gezza
gezzaWest End

Getting a quote was a waste of time!

Went through the lengthy online process to obtain a quote only to be told at the end of the process that Budget Direct would not insure our property. The first question asked when completing the process is your address. We live in an area that was flooded in the 2011 (man-made) Brisbane flood. As this appears to be the reason for coverage refusal, why waste an applicant's time by putting them through the compete online process before informing them of insurance refusal? Sounds like a data gathering exercise to me. Very annoying. I wont be getting quotes for any insurance from Budget Direct in future.

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Gezza, thank you for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback and share this with us. We will ensure this is passed on to the relevant team for future reference. Regards, Budget Direct.

DIANNE
DIANNEIllawarra, NSW

Glad to have insurance

Very difficult to set up, needed assistance. VERY EXPENSIVE. 2 months . This is the only quote I got, but I wanted a policy with someone
Chat room was helpful. Will reserve my judgement

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Dianne, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. If there is something we can help with further, please feel free to email us at social@autogeneneral.com.au. Budget Direct.

Ben
Ben

Customer service is poor

Annual premiums increase by 15% per year. Customer service is lacking. Policy was good when I first had applied for it, but every year the increase in price is not worth staying with Budget direct. Best to shop around.

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Ben, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. If there is something we can help with further, please feel free to email us at social@autogeneneral.com.au. Budget Direct.

Luca
LucaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Disappointing

The are not insure my town ..
Kingscote in Kangaroo Island is not covered due to last year's fires ....
... but nobody lost any house during the fires in Kingscote, we are not in the middle of an high risk area ...
Simply pathetic!

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Luca, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. If there is something we can help with further, please feel free to email us at social@autogeneneral.com.au. Budget Direct.

Linda
LindaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible experience, not even worth 1 star

I have already changed insurance companies, just need to cancel my policy. The whole experience was very frustrating and time consuming, and there are so many restrictions, limitations and conditions with the insurance. Won't recommend this company to anyone.

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Linda, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. Please feel free to email us at social@budgetdirect.com.au, and we will be happy to provide further clarity on any questions you have. Have a great week. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Charles P.
Charles P.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Questionable Business Practice?

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Charles, I am sorry to read of your journey with us so far. If there is something we can help with further, please feel free to email us at social@autogeneneral.com.au. *Budget Direct.

rivick
rivickSouth Australia

I rang you as I did not purchase a policy

This is not my policy. I rang 2 weeks ago fix the problem the person who purchased this policy have given you a wrong phone number please fix the problem.

Steven
StevenSydney, NSW

Insurance tried to push my family to live in a health hazard house

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Steven, thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback and share this with us. Please feel free to email any further information you may like to provide regarding your claims experience to social@budgetdirect.com.au. Regards, Budget Direct.

Darren
DarrenBrisbane

They exclude anything you would realistically want to be covered for

Don't fall for their low price, when something happens you'll end up having to go fix it out of your own pocket as their PDS conveniently excludes pretty much anything worth covering. Absolute joke. Had to chase nearly daily for 3 weeks for them to finally give me their assessors report. The report had price gouging in it to bring it over the excess, and actually excluded the main point of concern due to their PDS.

Christine
ChristineHunter Region, NSW

BUDGET DIRECT 450% more expensive than Youi Building Insurance with an excess of $3000

My Youi Building insurance up for renewal Jan 2021 $584.81 $484,000 excess $2500.00. Got a comparison quote from Budget $3200.00 $480,000 excess $3000.00 Worst Value, girl triple checked options , hardly changed at all, waste of time

Coverage TypeHome Only
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Christine, thanks for leaving your feedback. Sorry to hear we were not competitive for you on this occasion. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Wait until you claim.

Sharps
SharpsBrisbane

Premium increase.

Started at $35 ended at $48 after a year. I cancelled as soon as i noticed. I made no claims during my time with Budget Direct. It may seem like a good deal initially but they will keep increasing. absolutely disgraceful.

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Good afternoon, thank you for this feedback. If there is anything further we can help with, please feel free to email us at social@budgetdirect.com.au. Budget Direct.

Sami F.
Sami F.

Weird Budget Home and content insurance

I was with budget Home and content insurance over the years. No Claims over the year. Excellent client history. But Budget increase their premium every year and ripping customer. Customer service is ridicules service. When you joining budget and there are very nice on the phone. Once you signed up and they're tones started to change. They are very unhelpful and rude. Budget definitely ripping their customer every year and keep increasing their premium. Please be aware of them and do not sign up with Budget. They do not care about loyalty customer. They are just ripping our Australian economy.

Pd off big time
Pd off big timeSUNSHINE

Very Disappointed with Incorrect Information - Causing me to insure twice - Then charged cancel fee.

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Good morning, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. If there is anything further we can assist with, please feel free to email us at social@budgetdirect.com.au. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Luc
LucAU

Great company until you need to claim

the story is that I had a storm claim on my house Insurance The immediate response by their builder was it was a maintenance issue , the house was in excellent condition and I had paid for maintenance previously.
Nevertheless they refused to pay a $4000 claim even though I had paid more in premiums than the claim over a couple of years.

I should have not bothered and saved myself $4K

I wont insure with these guys again

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Luc, thank you for your feedback. If there is anything further we can help with, please feel free to email us at social@budgetdirect.com.au. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Steven
StevenSydney, NSW

Waste of money, go somewhere else.

If I could leave no stars that would be better. My roof caved in due to storm damage. When I put my claim in with these pathetic losers, their excuse for not covering me was “Your roof was old“. I took them to court, I won, but it has not been a fun 12 months. Not worth the hassle. Not worth the time and not worth your money. You want peace of mind when you pay for insurance and a company who is actually going to cover you? You will not get it with this poor pop-up company. And all these five star reviews? LOL wait till you have to claim. Please please please, find a better insurer!

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Steven, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I'm sorry to read of your claims journey and disappointment with our company. We certainly do wish you all the very best. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Try elsewhere

Charged twice called up to rectify problem initially seemed to be sorted . 1 week later money still taken out called up again got an incredibly rude person on the phone told lies on the call and really couldn’t be bothered. Be mindful everyone my renewal was over $200 more expensive than taking out a new policy!

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Denise, thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback. If there is anything further we can help with, please feel free to contact us at social@budgetdirect.com.au. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Jodie wilson
Jodie wilsonIllawarra, NSW

warning cover dose not start for 3 days from date of joining !Get cover 4 days b4 old policy stops !Big storm no cover

We lodged a claim ..found out we not covered as was in first 72 hours policy started so we with drew the claim . So very unstisfied new custermers . Should have been high high lighted in policy .on line disscount is good but hard to read it all and continue doing policy .

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Jodie, thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback. If there is anything further we can help with, please feel free to email us at social@budgetdirect.com.au. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Michael vaughan
Michael vaughanRichmond-Tweed, NSW

False statement

I did not purchase any policy from you .
Please contact me to discuss this false statement, and tell me why this could occur , and who is responsible for sending this .

Coverage TypeHome Only
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Michael, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. Please feel free to email us at social@budgetdirect.com.au, and we will be happy to assist you further. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Sue
SueSouth East Queensland, QLD

Do your research

Please do not have direct debit set up for renewing your insurance . I resubmitted the same details as my existing policy with budget direct and was quoted $210.00 less .
When i mentioned this to someone who called to followup on the quote he was extremely dismisive and tried to tell me that I may have put different details . When i insisted he stated oh well online is cheaper !!!!