Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance

Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance (page 3 of 11)

Listing monitored by Budget Direct

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (2)
    • 1-2 weeks (2)
    • 2-4 weeks (3)
    • 1-2 months (8)
    • 3+ months (14)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (8) · No (32)

Sue
SueSouth East Queensland, QLD

Do your research

Please do not have direct debit set up for renewing your insurance . I resubmitted the same details as my existing policy with budget direct and was quoted $210.00 less .
When i mentioned this to someone who called to followup on the quote he was extremely dismisive and tried to tell me that I may have put different details . When i insisted he stated oh well online is cheaper !!!!

Absolute rubbish

Have been with them for 2 years for landlords insurance. Had a recent kitchen fire in the house and when I went to claim I was told that because I had a few claims previously on my own home (that is not insured with Budget direct) and I did not mention it in the proposal they have rejected my claim entirely. I felt I was insured but it seems now that I was not. Don"t be fooled by their cheaper rates. Not worth it if you find you are not covered. You get what you pay for.
They seem to be based on the fact that you have no previous claim history
BEWARE I have now gone to my trusted insurance company (paid a little more) and now have peace of mind. Make sure you ask thorough questions before you consider them

Wiieally
WiieallyCaloundra

Refused to Honour Policy

We had hail damage to our insured home, they refused to payout and cancelled our policy not to be trusted. They maybe cheap but just hope you never have to claim for anything... Extremely UN-Australian do not go near them

Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

kate
kate

Terrible, rip off insurance company that won't pay a cent for legitimate claims

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Kay, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. If there is anything further we can assist with, please feel free to email us at social@budgetdirect.com.au. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Bruce
BrucePerth, WA

Do Not Insure with Auto & General as Underwriters

I purchased a home and contents policy through Budget Direct over the phone. When asked if I had made any claims over the past 5 years I answered "no". Unfortunately I had to make a claim on my own home policy due to some storm damage. After making the claim I was told I had 2 "undisclosed" claims. It turned out that these were on each of my investment properties which are insured through a totally different insurance company. I was never asked about any Investment property claims nor have I ever had to disclose insurance claims that had nothing to do with what I was specifically insuring. Now I am being asked to pay nearly double the premium (later reduced after talking to a manager). I can't help but feel that this is a form of extortion.

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Bruce, thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback. If there is anything further we can assist with, please feel free to email social@budgetdirect.com.au. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Ladeebyrd1975
Ladeebyrd1975Sydney, NSW

Contents Cancelled - no explanation!

I've been a loyal customer for a number of years. I called today to change my address. Something so easy needed approval from the underwriter. I was rejected but could not be given an explanation. I called AAMI and they insured me straight away for the same price. At least provide me with an explanation Budget Direct!

Linda D.
Linda D.Sydney, NSW

This is the worst home insurance ever!!!

The worst insurance company ever! I’m so regret to choose it for my home insurance. After a heavy rain my husband noticed roof leaking in our bathroom we call Budget Direct to make a claim. We paid $500 excess fee to lock in a claim so They sent someone to check. Then they said the leaking was from a hail storm back in February so we have to lock in another claim for the hail storm. It means we have to pay another $500. And now after 4 months 3 people come to check and still not go anywhere. Every time when it’s rain, the roof keeps leaking and getting bigger. We call many times but no answer is given. I’m so DISAPPOINTED and highly NOT recommend Budget Direct!!!

David
DavidSouth East Queensland, QLD

Live in a residential area but cannot be covered

Joke of a company. Tried to obtain a quote for home and contents insurance, stated that I could not be insured as I lived in a high-risk area, I live in a highly-populated area of the Gold Coast, and can obtain insurance from any other Insurance company. Clearly they do not want your business.

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Absolutely do not recommend going through Budget Direct!!! Will be contacting Ombudsman about their Handling of claim

Did absolutely everything in their power to get out of approving our claim and in the 5 months they took to tell us our $5k worth of damage increased to $10K

Do Not Even Deserve 1 Star

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Connie, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. Please feel free to email us at social@budgetdirect.com.au, and we will be happy to look into this for you. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

jennifer
jenniferSouth East Queensland, QLD

If I could go below one star I would

Recently in our property we rent we had a burst pipe that flooded the carpet in 2 bedrooms the hall floor boards dining and lounge , we had to live with wet carpet for 4 days until they could come out the smell was so sickening that I had no choice but empty the house as the water and smell was damaging my furniture and clothes We had no water for 6 days 9 days now with empty rooms ( no carpet) and have not been told when they will come out meanwhile we are living in a house with ripped up carpets nails all over the place and have been told they will only fix 2 rooms in tears every day not knowing when we can have our rooms back seems to me any excuse not to pay or fix things

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Jennifer, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. Please email us at social@budgetdirect.com.au, and we would be happy to investigate this for you. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

ChrisSydney

STAY AWAY from Budget Direct.

They are Happy to take your money and offer discounts, but they then just jack up the prices with out informing you first and don’t even think about putting in a claim as they will find any excuse not to pay out. Then they will offer to reimburse some of your yearly payments stating they shouldn’t of insured you in the first place, instead of paying out the claim. Shame on you guys.

Chris

Unfortunately once we had made our claim, budget direct not only did everything they could to reject it, they also have stopped insuring their house.

At the moment the issue has been taken up with AFCA.

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Thank you Chris, as the experience didn't meet with your expectations, we would be happy to take a further look into it for you. Regards, Budget Direct.

Pam
PamGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Big problem with Home/Contents insurance- don't pay out for repair services at all

Budget DirectBudget Direct
Con
ConSydney, NSW

DO NOT USE Budget Direct home insurance.

We have been with budget direct for some time now, they entice you in with these discount's when you first sign up, then they just auto renew your policy the following year that is a lot higher. Then God forbid you make a claim, they will find any excuse not to pay you out. This was experienced first hand with my In laws.
We will never use these guys ever again.

Con
Con
Budget Direct
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Graham Johnson
Graham JohnsonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

What a waste of time...... This company is a JOKE

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Graham, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. Please feel free to email us at social@budgetdirect.com.au, and we will be happy to look into this for you. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

50% increase on Home Insurance

I moved to Budget Direct some years ago to secure a competitive premium.
Last year, we made a claim on a damaged engagement ring which was repaired under our insurance.
I have just found out now, 6 months into my annual agreement, that Budget direct have increased our premiums by exactly 50%.
Similar to others I see, they explain this as due to natural disasters, local factors etc. However in exploring this more closely, I have been told that indeed it is due to my claim, I quote: "..and recovery of the claim".
I strongly recommend not going with Budget Direct, and if you do, and make a claim, expect a hefty increase on renewal.

ale
aleSydney, NSW

Budget Direct Are Criminals - They Will Never Pay You A Claim

Budget Direct is very happy to take your money... they're also very happy to put any excuse not to pay your claim. Stay away from this company. Insurance companies are not your friends. Budget Direct is probably one of the worst!

William Thien N.
William Thien N.South Australia

DO NOT GO WITH BUDGET DIRECT

Budget Direct cancel my home insurance without formal notice to me for 3 months. The reason is they can't deduct money from my bank account. Without any letter or email they just suspense my services. I find out 3 months later, ring them up for new insurance. They require a full-year payment with a 25% increase. No option for payment by installment. Now they keep asking for the money without provide any services 3 months ago when they cancel my policy.

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi William, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. Please feel free to email us at social@budgetdirect.com.au, and we will be happy to look into this for you. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

27% increase in Home Insurance policy

My "Budget" Direct Home and Contents insuranced policy recently automatically renewed with tidy 27% premium increase. When I contacted customer support I was told this was because they had taken into account recent natural disaster events and claims etc, the usual nonsense. When I asked specifically what events contributed to this increase the same scripted response was repeated. From reading other complaints it seems "Budget" Direct is making a sly cash grab, they probably are banking on the fact that people don't pay attention to their automatic debits.

BA Watt
BA WattLaunceston, TAS

Unacceptable price hikes.

Our home and contents insurance for the same house in 2015 was $600.04. Received renewal today for year 2020 and it is $2,012! I wish my wages went up in the same percentage. Cancelled and got a better deal with another reputable insurer. Budget offered to see if they could reduce it in some way so I wouldn't cancel. I shouldn't have to ring to get a better deal after 10 years with no claims on the policy. Disappointing.

Anurag Chawla
Anurag ChawlaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Having horrible time with Budget direct claim!!!!

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Anurag. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. Please feel free to email us at social@budgetdirect.com.au and we will be happy to look into this for you. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Regards, Budget Direct.

Dibs87
Dibs87South East Queensland, QLD

$200 policy increase

Been with budget direct for 4 years every year it goes up, just got my renewal and gone up $200, have never done a claim, phoned them up and told them ive lost 50% of income due to the covid-19 , and if they can waive the increase nothing was done, well just signed up to Youi,.see ya budget

helen g.
helen g.Perth, WA

no quote

I live in a statistically safe suburb, in a double brick construction house that is 20 years old, has someone in it during day and night, and they declined to quote. never had a claim in the 20 years I have lived here. They say they have a 4.5 start rating from happy customers... I can't see any evidence of that, it all seems to be one star.

Ken
KenCentral, TAS

They get you in ... then look out!

Rude Customer Service Agent

I rang for a quote & answered a question asked of my house to the best of my knowledge about the house construction which was 20 years old but we just purchased. I was calm & professional in my response.
The Budget Direct customer service agent then stated I was looking for an out & just hung up the phone & he did not provide a quote to me.

I would not recommend this company as to provide this level of professionalism in the quotation process, how would they perform when a claim should arise?