Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance

Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance (page 4 of 11)

Listing monitored by Budget Direct

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (2)
    • 1-2 weeks (2)
    • 2-4 weeks (3)
    • 1-2 months (8)
    • 3+ months (14)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (8) · No (32)

Lynnie S.South East Queensland, QLD

DON'T DO IT - you can't anyway if you live in Pimpama

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Lynnie, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. Please feel free to email us at social@budgetdirect.com.au and we will be happy to provide further information. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Regards, Budget Direct'.

Lynnie S.

What further information would you possibly supply that would have any bearing on your decision?

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Thank you Lynnie, as the experience didn't meet your expectations we would be happy to take a further look into it for you. Regards, Budget Direct.

ErrolashGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fault information

I have House and Content Insurance .with Budget Direct.. The reason I went with them was because they were cheaper than. my last insurer ..However its the Big mistake.. I ever made..
I tried to make a claim on my Solar Power Inverter ,,which packed up ..and cost $1500 .to replace.
I was told by they Claim Team I cant claim because the Inverter is to old .. where does my new for old Content .insurance come into operation? I am so frighten now that if my property should burn down what will I be allow to claim...
by careful. with Budget Direct...Cant wait for the policy to end.
I was told my claim would not be approved so I didn't waste time in filling out a claim form This is what I was told by the Claim Team
please be careful

Mika Kama
Mika KamaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very hard to deal with. Only nice to you when they want something out of you

Policy is a waste of money, only good for 12 months. I only picked it because of inexperience I needed one to get over my finance. it was the cheapest at the time & now I know why its the cheapest. It is not worth it. If you're looking for one, look somewhere else. Property manager think they're very hard to deal with.

Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

Tammy c
Tammy c

House burnt down they won’t pay a cent

Our home burnt down in December. We lost everything. They rejected our claim. We engaged lawyers and have spent $20k fighting this so far.

They refuse to pay out our policy.

They are scumbags.

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Tammy. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. Please feel free to email us at social@budgetdirect.com.au and we will be happy to look into this for you. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Regards, Budget Direct.

Sharrie
SharrieCampbelltown

Terrible service made a claim 3mths ago and still waiting. Feel like I’m running around in circles So bad

My roof is full grey with the blue tarps they have put on roof months ago and they are telling me my roof needs maintenance. The photoS they sent me shows a brown roof which isn’t my roof and the other photo with the car in the background half of that photo is my roof the car photo. The cracks, I think they are taking about is the join from my gutter mesh to the roof tiles. It’s no crack it’s just the join of the gutter mesh to roof tiles. All I want is my roof fixed as it’s damaged from storm. A roofer told me our whole roof shifted in the storm Budget don’t want to pay.

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Clare B.
Clare B.South East Queensland, QLD

Do not use Budget Direct!

Extremely BAD service !!!

Absolutely fuming that they have refused to renew our home insurance but will not give me a reason !!! We have never claimed a cent through insurance in the nearly 3 yrs we have owned it and they will not tell me why we are now all of a sudden un-insurable ?????????? DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY

Jes S.
Jes S.Sydney, NSW

Cheap but Impossible to claim on Food Spoilage

Join last December because its cheaper option. Cancelled today because I can't even claim a food spoliage. Lucky this happen otherwise I gonna regret moving my 2 car Insurance to budgetdirect. This is a good test if insurance claim works.

MLW
MLWSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolutely terrible! Avoid at all cost!

Do not choose Budget Direct! My neighbour's old Queenslander burnt down 8 weeks ago killing her. My neighbouring property suffered asbestos contamination and smoke damage. They declined my claim because there was no flame/fire at my property. $30k contents rejected twice and offered me $2k. Disgusting! Budget Direct made a traumatic experience worse. Shame on you.

San
SanMelbourne

Horrible experience with claim advisor Julie

I had home and content insurance policy with budget direct and been paying them all the while but when wanted to claim, the experience was horrible. I sympathise with those who get in touch with the claim advisor with the name of Julie.
She does not listen to the customers and badly needs some training. was always in a hurry without listening to me. Spend 2.5 hrs with 4 different calls and a promise from their customer service agent that the claims manager would call back. Didn’t receive any and when I contacted back guess what, I got connected to same Julie and my horrible experience with her resumed.
This much to withdraw the claim and cancel policy.
Would never ever go back to budget direc

Horrible

Very cheap policy which is why I signed up with Budget. Totally waste of money as they do not want to help you when you need to claim. I had an awful woman who over and over was saying that this doesnt make sense as though I was lying because the claim to fix a door was so expensive. She would not believe that the wind did blow the door shut causing damage. Clearly this was a young person who has no life experience or she has KPI's to reject claims. My front door is expensive as there is an automatic locking system which is why the quote to fix was so high. I ended up not being able to claim and cancelled my policy but still had to pay for the time I was with them even though they wouldn't cover me. Worst company I have dealt with.

Mr. Yes
Mr. YesQueensland

Taking loyal customers for a ride

aiden b.
aiden b.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

WARNING! Read reviews! Everyone that tries to make a claim is denied!

Annette Hargreaves
Annette HargreavesGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Reduced inclusions and significantly increased policy cost

After a few attempts of speaking to someone - finally spoke to someone who was able to tell me that as we had a discount on policy last year we couldn’t this year ( been a customer for 6 years ) stated that the new customer discount for both policies were 30% off and this had already been applied hahaha - imagine how much it would have been increased then - we are good customers who pay on time and I will be taking my business elsewhere ! Poor communication form service team as well online and returning phone calls !

False advertising. Baiting clients and wasting your time.

The online quote was $980pa and included disclosure of 1 claim ~ 5 years ago. Quoted $980. On accepting the quote they added $307 for updating claim was 1 broken window 5-6ya. I asked what would have kept the premium at $980.... Nothing. Wow! They tell me they’ll forward my complaint to senior management but admitted quotes are always increased when you put in the details. What a waste of time. Rename?? Budget InDirect!

Bobbydazler
BobbydazlerCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Refused a quote in Canberra

Went online this morning to get a quote on household and contents insurance . Enered my postcode, message was, will only provide quotes for cover starting from the 4 March. Disgraceful.

Andres
AndresSydney, NSW

Disgusting, DO NOT HIRE THIS COMPANY!!!

They will find a way not to cover the damage, they are fantastic at taking your money, yet horrible at backing you up.

Do not hire this mob of cowboys, not worth it!

TamGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A sneaky 30% increase

30% increase ($1260 to $1620) where I have made no claims in a year. It's a sneaky increase, and they put you on another 12 month contract. I can take the 30% increase, or I can take the 12 month contract extension, but not both.

Nitram
NitramSouth East Queensland, QLD

Increase.

Budget Direct are increasing my house and content insurance by 30%. Nothing has changed for this to happen. No claims made either. They can’t give me any valid reason or explanation. Has this happened to anyone else?

Sami F.
Sami F.

Absolutely Disgusting Service

Budget insurance solutions teams are too slow. They lies over and over for any process. Absolutely Disgusting service. They are less than 1 STAR SERVICE. Forget about AAMI, NRMA. I couldn't even compare them with Woolworths, Coles, Bingle and Progressive Insurance. They are super delay for any process. If they even offer you any discount gift card and other offered DO NOT take them. Any Claim processed are disgusting and Don't even Follow their own guidelines. So, be aware and careful with Budget Direct Insurance.. If you have policy with them. I strongly recommend you to cancel the policy and Switch with others . Thank You All.

Merlin
Merlin

Huge Premium Increase on First renewal. any one else had same? no claims made.

Blood Orange
Blood OrangeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Think you have home insurance but it's actually void

The only true value of an insurance policy is when you make a claim. There are lots of positive reviews here about this company, mainly based on the ease of getting a policy or the cost. The reality of Budget Direct is that the questions that you answer online are ambiguous and deceptive, potentially leaving you uninsured. Don't confuse ease of getting a policy with how a company will behave once you truly need them.

Jimmy
JimmyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great at taking your money. Terrible when you need to make a claim

Phil W
Phil WSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excessive Premium Increase

Wasted 2 hours of my time.

Couldn't even get the insurance got a quote and from there it was non stop issues trying to complete. Fillef out all the forms, it took my credit card number and then froze online. Rang up and the salesman hung up instead of reading the product disclosure statement. Rang back again and after 2 hours wasted they put the price up. Forget it. Terrible attitude. Terrible service.