Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance

Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance (page 5 of 10)

Listing monitored by Budget Direct

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (2)
    • 1-2 weeks (3)
    • 2-4 weeks (3)
    • 1-2 months (9)
    • 3+ months (14)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (8) · No (35)

Merlin
Merlin

Huge Premium Increase on First renewal. any one else had same? no claims made.

Blood Orange
Blood OrangeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Think you have home insurance but it's actually void

The only true value of an insurance policy is when you make a claim. There are lots of positive reviews here about this company, mainly based on the ease of getting a policy or the cost. The reality of Budget Direct is that the questions that you answer online are ambiguous and deceptive, potentially leaving you uninsured. Don't confuse ease of getting a policy with how a company will behave once you truly need them.

Jimmy
JimmyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great at taking your money. Terrible when you need to make a claim

Phil W
Phil WSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excessive Premium Increase

Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

Wasted 2 hours of my time.

Couldn't even get the insurance got a quote and from there it was non stop issues trying to complete. Fillef out all the forms, it took my credit card number and then froze online. Rang up and the salesman hung up instead of reading the product disclosure statement. Rang back again and after 2 hours wasted they put the price up. Forget it. Terrible attitude. Terrible service.

Do Not Waste your Money on House and Contents Insurance

super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Janice rae
Janice raeSydney, NSW

House and contents renewal

Just received my renewal notice last year I paid $971.23 this year to renew they have increased it to $1469.24 why I ask nothing has changed I have not made any claims. This is nothing but price gouging it's disgusting to increase by this much so much for customer loyalty shame on you.

Richard
Richard

1.3 years ago house was robbed and Budget Direct makes every excuse to elongate settlement

Budget Direct are the worst when it comes to making claims. They've made very excuse under the sun to ensure the settlement process is elongated as much as possible to avoid paying their customers in a timely manner. This is their business model.

12 months on and they've still not settled even though they ensure that they will.

They defintely don't take ownership and follow up, they know customers have busy lives and they prey on this.

This review is on behalf on my distraught and upset friend.

DidUevenLook
DidUevenLook

There level of customer service when going through claims is disgusting.

When claiming for damage they got rude and you could hear in the background halfwit remarks from other telestaff! On top of that they won't repay a claim that is causing further damage and is genuine!

They left us in stranded.

Plumber repairs fast leaking pipe in early February and carries out water pressure tests to check leaks are repaired.
We took home and content insurance in late February. Mid April we discover a slow leaking water pipe in a bathroom wall cavity. Contact budget direct and after inspection from them they denied the claim stating that the Mold had been there for 6 months and we had only held a policy with them for 6 weeks. Budget direct .it's in the Hands of the insurance ombudsman now and 3 months later I had to pay for full bathroom reconstruction. Save your money and heartache.
They left us and 3 young kids with toxic Mold problems and wiped there hands clean of us.

Angry
AngryBrisbane

Slow, bureacratic, unhelpful, led to more damage to the house

Easy to set up and purchase, hard to actually get a claim processed. A thoroughly miserable process. Claims were really slow to process, they still haven't fixed the cause of the problem and whilst waiting to get the problem assessed more bad weather has led to more damage which was completely avoidable.

Sleaf1
Sleaf1Brisbane

Will only cover low to medium risk customers

I tried to get a quote for house and contents. I am currently insured, and have been for the past 25 years without any claim. After getting quotes from 6 other insurers, I suddenly come up with the message from Budget Direct: "we can't offer you insurance", no reason given. I contacted them, to be told they "due to underwriting criteria, unable to offer me insurance" - no specific reason. Apparently they are low to medium risk insurers. Don't know why they can't insure me, when others can. I have been in the same house for 25 years without any problems.

Nikki
NikkiSydney, NSW

Joke joke joke

We paid $280 renewal for third party we called to renew the guy was rude and said insurance went up and wanted $420 yep despite saying no he kept saying how I wanted to pay ah no thanks got it for $239 coles. Service is a joke lost our paperwork ... stay away ppl shop around

Wrxzx10r
Wrxzx10rSydney, NSW

More like Dodgy Direct

B. A.Central West, NSW

Awful customer service

B. A.

Two weeks later I've been promised them again and that time frame has passed.

Mikevdz
MikevdzNew South Wales

Ridiculously over priced

My current home and content insurance is up for renewal, which has subsequently increased by 110%.

When queried why the massive increase, I was told by agent that nothing can be done and to get other insurance company quotes and if Budget Direct price was to high just phone in and cancel current insurance policy.

I find this mindset amazing, "It is what it is" mentality so move on. Why would anyone want to have such a insurance company looking after your assets.

Time to move on and join a reputable insurance company.

Budget Direct deserve a NO STAR RATING.

CHH
CHH

False advertising - Dodgy Marketing Campaign

Signed up two properties after receiving promotion email claiming there will be $60 bonus gift card issued for each policies signed and stayed for more than 21 days cooling off period.

After 60 days from initial signing up period there has been no bonus gift cards issued - The staff over the phone and online chat all claiming that I still have to wait or not eligible - despite I did click through the promotional link.

Highly suspecting this is a false advertising to get people signed up.

scott
scottGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

policy nearly doubled in 1 year $604 to $906

I have just cancelled my policy for home and content insurance after I received my renewal notice and saw the $400 increase. I nearly just renewed it without thinking but something triggered when I saw the amount and decided to check what I paid the previous year. I think it sucks they know alot of people wont check and they make a huge profit. Hopefully this will help others keep them honest.

CDF
CDFPerth, WA

Really, really read these reviews - what is up with you Product Review?

These reviews 3* and over are written on the basis of reviewing how easy it is to get an online quote. How easy it is to set up installments and on and on. Are you having a laugh Product Review? You are supposed to vet these entries. The entire first page of scrolling relates to a person who has actually had a claim and it was a 1 star. Based on these completely bogus entries I won't even bother looking at a quote.

malcolm
malcolmGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Beware Budget Direct: Claim enquiry is counted as a claim!

M Burke
M BurkeIllawarra, NSW

Just another money grab - where is the loyalty.

Ty B.
Ty B.South East Queensland, QLD

Overcharged my credit card - doubled the yearly insurance

I have two houses on one deed. They gave me a quotation for both houses combined. It was alright the first year. They charged what they quoted. The second year they took twice the amount from my credit card. They charged the same quote for each house. I only found out by accident when I checked my bank account. Do not trust Budget Direct with any of your insurance. They are thieves and they know exactly what they are doing - give a quote then double it to your credit card the next year. It is okay. You will not notice. I immediately cancelled and got my money back.

Kate
KateSydney, NSW

Underhand Tactics, Doubling Your Premiums Without Your Permission To Avoid Paying Out On Claims

JENG
JENGHunter Region, NSW

No longer "BUDGET"

Been with Budget for ALL of our insurances since around 2007 (there are no bonuses for this) We had a claim on our house around 2009 when a vehicle crashed into it. I was dreading the claim but Budget Direct were amazing. 10 years on I just received a renewal that had jumped up in cost by approx $1000. Sorry budget but just because you're a well known name now I'm not staying loyal just to be ripped off. The explanation from your employee "house prices have increased in your area." Funny that other well known insurance companies are still $1000 cheaper. You need to seriously consider changing your name. "Rip off direct" perhaps?