Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance

Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance

• Claim Resolution Time
    • 1-2 months (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (2) · No (0)
Unhappy South East Queensland, QLD

Extreme increase in premium after 1 year

I went with Budget Direct after seeing good reviews and the price for cover was acceptable. But on receiving my renewal the premium has gone from about $1000 to $1400. This is an extravagant jump given that I have made no claims and there have been no natural disasters in my area that have caused large payout. I am left feeling that it is all false advertising and using attractive initial pricing to get you in. Extremely unhappy and see it as unscrupulous actions on behalf of the company. I am absolutely disgusted and looking at other providers.

Unhappy

Sorry but I am not reducing my cover or increasing my excess to reduce the ridiculous premium increases you have made. It makes me furious that this is your suggestion. All I want is a reasonable explanation for the increase!

Budget DirectBudget Direct

I can appreciate you are unhappy about the premium increase. We would like to investigate this for you. Please email us with your details and we will check. *Aina

Customer - WILSONPerth, WA

Impressed at the beginning, only.

Paddoboy
PaddoboySydney, NSW

Budget Home Contents Insurance - They're cheap, but check what is covered!

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Paddoboy, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. Please feel free to email us at social@budgetdirect.com.au, and we will be happy to provide further clarity on any questions you have. Have a great week. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

TravGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Still waiting on refund after 2 weeks

Purchasing a house in QLD, and the contract fell through. Cancelled my policy in the cooling off period. I have email confirmation about my full refund on 4/11, but still yet to see the refund in my bank account.
Called the call centre on 13/11. Refund still hadn’t been processed (sitting in a queue to process).
It is now 19/11. Still no refund.
WHERE IS IT?
I have checked with my bank, and they have no record of any refund being submitted as yet.

Budget direct may be cheap, but they take WAY TOO LONG to refund your payments.

Jason
JasonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Had to complete this process 3 times website wasn't working

Poor customer service and failure of the website created a bunch of rework. I couldn't get the cover I wanted. Poor support and they made me cancel and then re do it which was a waste of time for everyone!

Coverage TypeHome & Contents
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Lorraine
Lorraine

No multi policy discount for customers who signed up last year

I have three policies with Budget Direct ( 2 Home and contents policies and 1 car insurance). When I signed up last year they informed me that I would receive a multi policy discount. They have since discontinued the multi policy discount after luring customers to sign up. This is not very good customer service. It will force us to look elsewhere and be rewarded for loyalty.

Misleading

I has receive a invitation to switch my home and contents policy to you. You were offering me good discount, so I did and I have mentioned the deal, but I didn’t have any discount. Are your advertising discount is a joke or what? because it’s a gross misleading of potential customers!

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Good morning, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. If there is anything further we can help with, please feel free to email us at social@budgetdirect.com.au. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Michael
MichaelGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

To soon to tell

To soon to tell only just took out policy
No claims or any other contact proof will be in how much you charge next year and so on but looking to transfer another 6 policies
Over as they expire from other providers

Coverage TypeContents Only
Property TypeHouse
Claim MadeNo
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Michael, thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback. It's great to have you with us, we look forward to being your continued Insurer of choice. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Not so sure.

Having notified the company of the extraordinary steps we have taken to ensure our house was covered in case of a fire with two 36 meter hoses a powerful pump all hooked up with copper to a 49,000 liter concrete tank as well as having a separate 5,000 litre galvanised water tank exclusively for the CFS we thought there may have been an appropriate discount but we're disappointed that was not even recognised.

Starter
StarterCanberra 2600, ACT

Why pay more indeed.

Like most insurance companies you expect a premium increase of some sort. In my case, my house and contents insurance premium rose by a whopping 50% from last year. Some insurances (like this one) auto-renew each year so you have to get onto it when the renewal paperwork arrives! It seems to me that part of the game is hoping that people are too lazy to do anything about it. Exactly the angle in their ad campaign.
Anyway, new insurance sorted!

Brewster
BrewsterCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Excessive renewal increases

We have been with Budget for a few years with 2 homes and 2 cars. Our home has come up for renewal and although we have had no claims for it and it is not in bushfire or flood areas, we were given a 30% increase in premium!! We rang to question this and were told that as nothing has changed with our house to justify a reduction, we would just have to accept it! Apparently we have the pleasure of contributing to their coffers to pay for claims by others in susceptible areas. Not good enough. The only way to protest is with our dollars and remove all insurance from this company. It is a shame because they appear to do some things quite well. However that includes price gouging in our opinion!

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Brewster. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. Please feel free to email us at social@budgetdirect.com.au and we will be happy to look into this for you. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Regards, Budget Direct'.

Cheap to start with......

The online application is easy and they save you money to start with. At first year renewal, the bumped the price up $60/month. No claims were made, and in fact, we'd taken a whole house out of the policy (house was sold). Guess they wanted to recoup some moeny from us? We're going elsewhere

Claim pain

Policy premium was competitive and inclusions could be negotiated . Should look after existing customers. Making a claim was easy and well dealt with but look out when renewal hits, ouch!

Wazz13
Wazz13

Good price for the first year, then premiums jump massively

I think this company is trading on the hope that people are lazy. They rope you in, in the first year with cheap insurance and then increase the premium by 30% when time comes to renew - even if there are absolutely no changes to flood/fire risk, crime rate etc. While I'm sure a bunch of excuses will be trotted out, this seems to me like unethical practice.

Bernadette
Bernadettejones.scott.bernadette@gmail.com

Budget Direct Home and Content Insurance

4 years- Read your fine print. We were not covered for water damage. They seem cheap and have an award for "Money Magazine insurer of the year " but in fact it is what they don't tell you. Increase price of $946.50 per year in premiums did not cover water damage in bathroom! They told us initally that we would receive a payout of $17000, then they rejected it under the classification of wear and tear. Consumer be mindful what you are paying for, read your fine print and ask questions. In hindsight they aren't value for money at all.

Insurance claim madeYes

See all Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance reviews

Leo
Leoasked

Are property fences and retaining walls covered?

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Leo. Thank you for taking the time to contact us. Please feel free to email us at social@budgetdirect.com.au, and we will be happy to provide further clarity on any questions you have. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Rosemary Fonti
Rosemary Fontiasked

I would like a quote to insure house and contents for a weatherboard house in cairns

George
George

I just went to budget direct.com.au and clicked the get a quote button and filled in the required information and a quote is emailed to you simple as that .

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Rosemary. Thank you for taking the time to contact us. Please feel free to email us at social@budgetdirect.com.au, and we will be happy to provide further clarity on any questions you have. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

siga2net
siga2netasked

Does Budget Direct home insurance cover the subsidence, land settling or collapse?

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi, thank you for reaching out. Our policies provide cover for insured events. All this information is located in our Product Disclosure Statement on the website at www.budgetdirect.com.au. If you need any assistance please feel free to chat with us when you are online and we will be happy to assist. Cheers, Budget Direct.

See all Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and Budget Direct representatives

CategoryHome and Contents Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Car, Health, Home and Contents, Landlord, Life, Pet and Travel