Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance

Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance

Jason
Jason

Necessary i suppose

Easy to set up. Returning despite budget cancelling previous policy. Returning because price and convenience. I was emailed twice and texted to hassle me into writing his review. Needed the nagging to stop so here you go.

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Jason, thanks for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback. If you need assistance, please reach out and we will be happy to help. *Aina

Planky
PlankySouth East Queensland, QLD

No real issues, but watch your renewals and shop around

Had no issues with Budget Direct for the several years I used them for Home + Contents, and vehicle insurance. No issue with the only claim I made (no fault). Eventually cancelled as when it came to renewal my home+contents went up by $60 a month. Budget Direct, when queried, was able to bring the amount down but still ended up paying $20 more than previously.

It annoys me that certain actions cannot be performed via their customer portal, but at least they have online chat who deal with issues quickly the few times I used them.

New customer

The policy I chose was good enough value for me to move from another insurance company that I was with for 14 years but I feel that the set up process should be done with some over the phone and not on line .being dyslexic made this a struggle. as for making a claim I’m am a new customer to budget direct and haven’t had the experience with making a claim and hope I never need to.

Coverage TypeHome & Contents
Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

John L
John LSouth East Queensland, QLD

Premium increase each year, Why

We have been with Budget for 4 years for home and contents. Each year we have a premium increase and each year I contact them to try and find out why, and negotiate a better premium. This year took the biscuit. A $26 per month increase to $121 per month. I went on line and did a new customer quote using all current details, and was quoted $77 per month. An on line chat person was unable to explain why, and offered to see if my premium could be reduced. After a 13 minute wait with no response I gave up. Policy cancelled went elsewhere. Sorry Budget, but Loyalty does not count?

Jacques
JacquesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Buyer beware!

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Jacques, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. If there is anything further we can help with, please feel free to email us at social@budgetdirect.com.au. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
thomasj19868
thomasj19868Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Easy to purchase

The budget direct home insurance policy was competitively priced compared with comparable quotes which I always obtain prior to renewing my insurance. There is always a wide variation in quoted cost from different insurance providers.

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Thomas, thanks for this wonderful feedback. It's great to have you with us, we look forward to being your continued Insurer of choice. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Claire
ClaireSouth East Queensland, QLD

It was online so quite easy

Haven't need to make a claim so unable to comment on what the service is like. I did it all online. Unsure why I need to review so early and have to have 30 word minimum

Coverage TypeContents Only
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Claire. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We value you as a customer and look forward to continuing to be your insurer of choice. Have a great day. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Bobtail Dobermann
Bobtail DobermannCentral QLD

Budget Direct Charges customers a "Lazy Tax"

Coverage TypeHome & Contents
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Bobtail, thanks again for taking the time to leave your feedback. We value you as a customer and look forward to continuing to be your insurer of choice. Have a great day. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Necessary evil, house insurance

Price is comparable to other companies. On line purchase was easier than I thought, there were questions I was expecting but was not asked, I hope that does not come back to bite me later if I have a claim

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Chris, thanks for this feedback. It's great to have you with us, we look forward to being your continued Insurer of choice. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Home and Contents Insurance

Grudge purchase made easy.

For me, H&C insurance is a real grudge purchase. A grudge purchase until the moment it is needed and then you'll want adequate cover. Although, on saying that, let's just hope it isn't required. The process to purchase was made simple. Tools are available to estimate the insurance necessary to cover home contents.

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi there, thanks for this feedback. It's great to have you with us, we look forward to being your continued Insurer of choice. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Good service for the price

Policy of good value. Using them for the First year Hopefully worthy at the time of needs. Some how i found customer service unwelcoming but ended up being of help.

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Abinash, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We value you as a customer and look forward to continuing to be your insurer of choice. Have a great week. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Dee
DeeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Haven't noticed any difference as I haven't claimed

Its been a month or so, haven't claimed, the set up process was not good, I didn't get called back when I requested it, twice, then when I got a call it wasn't at the time I requested. The service wasnt great.

Great result
Great result

Will wait and see

Policy seems ok but too early to tell.
First policy. I’ll wait until next year to see if you jack up the premium like Wollworths. Your policy is way too long . 76 pages is rediculous for the average punter.

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Good afternoon. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We value you as a customer and look forward to continuing to be your insurer of choice. Have a great day. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Antoinette Turner
Antoinette TurnerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Repay loyal customers by overcharging when auto-renewing

We've been with Budget for many years and have never made a claim on our Home or Contents Insurance. Two years in a row we received our auto-renewal with the price going up $75 per month. The first year we hopped onto their online quote system and ended up receiving a quote for $25 less than what we were originally paying - that makes it $100 less than their auto-renewal price - that is per month. This year I'm not bothering. Going with Suncorp instead. My recommendation is to show a little loyalty to your customers - you'd have kept us for life.

Budget DirectBudget Direct

This service is ok for value

I got a standard policy for my mum very simple good value for money was easy to set up I have had the policy for less than a month lodged no claim as yet.

See all Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance reviews

Leo
Leoasked

Are property fences and retaining walls covered?

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Leo. Thank you for taking the time to contact us. Please feel free to email us at social@budgetdirect.com.au, and we will be happy to provide further clarity on any questions you have. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Rosemary Fonti
Rosemary Fontiasked

I would like a quote to insure house and contents for a weatherboard house in cairns

George
George

I just went to budget direct.com.au and clicked the get a quote button and filled in the required information and a quote is emailed to you simple as that .

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Rosemary. Thank you for taking the time to contact us. Please feel free to email us at social@budgetdirect.com.au, and we will be happy to provide further clarity on any questions you have. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

siga2net
siga2netasked

Does Budget Direct home insurance cover the subsidence, land settling or collapse?

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi, thank you for reaching out. Our policies provide cover for insured events. All this information is located in our Product Disclosure Statement on the website at www.budgetdirect.com.au. If you need any assistance please feel free to chat with us when you are online and we will be happy to assist. Cheers, Budget Direct.

See all Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and Budget Direct representatives

CategoryHome and Contents Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Car, Health, Home and Contents, Landlord, Life, Pet and Travel