Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance

Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance

Listing monitored by Budget Direct

• Claim Resolution Time
    • 2-4 weeks (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (1) · No (0)
Seagull
SeagullQueensland

Crashed the First Time

Never made a claim before on house contents, Started a Claim got half way through and i come back and it says INTERNAL ERROR, so logout and get Wait your info may not have been saved, so logout anyway at 1pm 1hr.20 mins later still cant log in to finish, does this happen to anyone else.

Jean
JeanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Contents insurance

Went online and it was very easy to follow, questions were direct and simple, good explanations of what I needed, I actually changed insurers as I was looking for a cheaper option and not wanting to over insure

Very competitively priced policy

Took this policy only a few weeks ago so no claims experience yet and maybe never if we are lucky. Very easy to complete application and take out policy online and good value compared with what seemed to be equivalent cover from another insurer.

Phillip Roberts
Phillip RobertsSydney, NSW

First time with Budget so need time to rate it’s performance

The coverage was good and premium better than most other underwriters. First time with Budget and have no claims experience. Easy to take out the policy online. Next year if premium is still good, will renew

Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

Good value

Good value compared to other insurance companies. Policy covered all requirements that were needed.
Easy and straight forward to set up. Had good tools to work out information for accuracy.
Only just started with Budget.

Sophie spartalis
Sophie spartalisMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Policy review

I’m new with budget direct and so have not claimed with them , hoping if I use them I’ll be satisfied . The policy seems good value and was easy to set up,

Good Value

The policy was good value and it was clear and easy to follow and set up the policy that I required. I just started with budget direct a few weeks ago.

Super Funds Awards 2022!

super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Mark O
Mark OSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy to purchase but some reservations

We were referred by a friend and loved the $700 savings on our household policy. Our only reservation is we have an old house that has been extensively renovated so choosing the built date needs explanation. We opted for a date other insurance companies accepted when they prepared their quotes. No person though withBudget Direct we could contact to confirm they would also go with that date. Hope it doesn’t come back and bite us if we have a claim.

Steve Ivey
Steve IveyPerth, WA

Good savings

I rang several insurance companies and Budget Direct provided the best value. They also sponsor the Scorchers!!

They also have good contents insurance for bikes. We listed our e-bikes specifically and they are covered everywhere in Australia.

Cindy
Cindy

So easy to set up and decent value

While I haven't yet had to make a claim (touch wood) with Budget Direct, the policy set up and pricing are good. Comparatively they were the best price for the same insured amount and additionally they also included a $40 gift voucher for a retailer of my choice (there were about 16 to choose from. I chose a Woolworths gift voucher).
I've been happy with Budget Direct for my home contents insurance thus far.

Neale F.
Neale F.Southwest, VIC

Good experience.

The website was pretty straight forward and easy to navigate. The house value estimated tool was good and useful. I felt comfortable with the results and believe I have the right level of protection.

Sue S
Sue SGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good value compared to other insurers

I found the offer through a comparison website and they seem to be good value, offering a similar policy to other insurers but at a lower price. Have not made any claims yet so can't comment on that. The set-up/ application process was fairly straightforward and didn't take long.

Leigh Young
Leigh YoungGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great service best price available

Was very easy to set up and steps were very intuitive, as a first time user of budget direct I appreciated the ease of selecting coverage and value for home and contents

Affordable home insurance

The process from start to finish in setting up the policy was an easy one with friendly staff member. I have only signed with Budget recently but hoping to continue for years to come

Benice D.
Benice D.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Good price

It was the best price on the day but the quote I got two weeks before was cheaper. Yes my policy ended up being a fair price . But didn’t receive the bonus that was offered

Melissa
Melissaasked

I just found out that I'm not insured until they take payment even if my renewal was done 2 days ago, someone please confirm this, I contacted my bank to see why my payment hadn;t been taken yet and she told me until the insurer takes payment I am UNINSURED even if my renewal has been done. I need a answer from someone ASAP. Thank you.

Sare B.
Sare B.asked

Are air conditioners covered

John Hesko
John Heskoasked

My contents insurance wat am I covert for

GAYE J.
GAYE J.

If with BD virtually nothing. They will deny all claims and stall for over 6 months and then you need to go to AFCA which are funded by the insurance industry so on their side. You are better to get insurance with a better company

See all Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and Budget Direct representatives

In addition to Home & Contents Insurance, you can also get Home Insurance, Contents Insurance, Landlord Insurance, and Renter’s Insurance.

What do reviewers think of Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance?

Reviews for the policy have mostly been positive, with the majority of reviews being 4or 5 stars. Among positive reviews, how easy it was to lodge an application online with Budget Direct was praised.

Reviewers also liked the patient and friendly customer service representatives who were there to answer all their questions and help them decide which limits they wanted. Those on this insurance also liked how they could opt out of things they didn’t need, such as flood insurance.

Some reviewers did mention that the claims process was lengthy, to both lodge and have a claim processed. There were also a few users who didn’t like the sharp increase in yearly premiums.

CategoryHome and Contents Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Car, Health, Home and Contents, Landlord, Life, Pet and Travel