Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance

• 1-2 weeks (2)
    • 2-4 weeks (4)
    • 1-2 months (8)
    • 3+ months (14)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (9) · No (32)

Fraud company
Fraud companyPerth, WA

Still no answer

I was contacted regarding the initial post of an unpaid claim from budget direct and was informed that they will look into the claim and get back to me within 3 working days. It has been 1 week since I sent them a responded email and I still haven't heard any feedback.
Budget alright can't even return messages when they said they would.
Would recommend contact a company that doesn't say budget in it.

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Good morning, we have replied to your email. *Aina

Kay P.
Kay P.Northern Region, NSW

Great insurance company should have taken sooner

Havent been long with company but price that pensioner can afford very easy to do on line and will stay with them for such good company to deal with alice kay parker

Coverage TypeContents Only

Quick and easy

At the time of taking out the policy seems to be of good value & very quick and easy to purchase proof will be in how good this policy will be when making a claim

Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

Looks like a plan to me!

It was really easy to apply, see what are benefits included or not and to pay all within ten minutes - and a new purchaser discount applied made it a great option for me. Glad I checked them out.

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Ariana, thanks for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback. It's great to see you found our online quoting process easy. We look forward to continuing to be the insurer of your choice. *Aina

Vivian
Vivian Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

As simple as 1 2 3!

Budget Direct website made the quotation process easy, having links to ensure accurate information.
The policy was very competitive priced with the 1st year discounts applied. No claims have been made to make any further assessments at this stage

Coverage TypeHome & Contents
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
rachel
rachel

Perfect.

Was easy to get a qoute and purchase. Been with budget for 3 years now. I found budget to be the best and cheapest around. The website is very informative.

Coverage TypeContents Only
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Rachel. It is fantastic to read that our process was easy to navigate. Should you have any queries we would be happy to help further via our Live Chat facility online from our website. We value your business and hope you have a great day. *Eve

It was good

Great value compared to other companies
First time with this company, happy with everything so far. Quote was easy to retrieve, did not have to call anyone, just did everything online.

Easy to get the policy

The operator on the other side made things easy for me to understand and easy to follow. I got all the information I needed really fast and got all the answers I need.

Coverage TypeHome Only

Customer service

Customer service rep was helpful and patient.
Have had good experience with car insurance before, now using for home and content.
Only one issue, online quote was much cheaper than call quote, I needed call to have details explained. Hope bad claim reviews aren’t a common experience!!!

***Beware***

After being a long term customer, holding four (4) seperate policies, I submitted a claim.
I had a tenant cause $16,783.38 in malicious damage (holes in walls/ broken windows/ recked the carpet/ recked the blinds/ removed internal doors/ broke the front door so it couldn't be closed/ and the list goes on).
After providing all information including police report and photographic evidence, Budget Direct applied two (2) seperate excesses (valuing $2920), want to honour a compensation payment of only $1,699.54. (Just little over the annual policy premium value)

I believe this is grossly inadequate and proof that this policy, despite covering malicious damage in the PDS, is virtually worthless. ***Beware***

Budget DirectBudget Direct

They spend more time and money not paying out claims than keeping customers happy and upholding legitimate claims

had storm damage which damaged the roof of my property, thought it would be a straight forward and simple claim, nearly 8 months later and still have an ongoing dispute with the AFCA to try and get the matter sorted. Will never use them again, they are cheap for a reason. The amount that I am seeking is not even that substantial, I'm quite sure they have spent more money on their 'reports' than the amount I am seeking. The initial case manager i was dealing with was plain rude and was trying her utmost to try make me feel like i was lying.

Michael
Michael

No thanks tried internally to no help

Waste of money

We had severe storm damage to our property and our drive way was washed away, went to make a claim only to be to they don't cover driveways or the trees that got blown down.
Budget by name Budget nature don't waste you money.

Fred
Fred
Budget DirectBudget Direct

I can appreciate you are unhappy with the service received with our claims team. If you would like to provide further feedback, please feel free to email us. We do wish you all the best with your new insurer. *Aina

Neb-Maat-ReAU

Utter incompetence abounds

Hi Ruby

I am expecting someone to call me today to advise that the issue at your end has been resolved and my payment has gone through.

Sandra L
Sandra L

Easy to organize online

The policy I purchased was offered only a week later to an over 50's group i belong to with a 15% discount and $50 gift card, which I should be eligible for.

Coverage TypeHome & Contents
Lyndon Hodgins
Lyndon HodginsO'Connor 2602, ACT

Excellent product, excellent price

Got a super deal on my home and contents insurance. Have checked the product disclosure statement and happy with cover for the price. Make sure it's right for you too before signing any insurance product.

Leo
Leoasked

Are property fences and retaining walls covered?

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Leo. Thank you for taking the time to contact us. Please feel free to email us at social@budgetdirect.com.au, and we will be happy to provide further clarity on any questions you have. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Rosemary Fonti
Rosemary Fontiasked

I would like a quote to insure house and contents for a weatherboard house in cairns

George
George

I just went to budget direct.com.au and clicked the get a quote button and filled in the required information and a quote is emailed to you simple as that .

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Rosemary. Thank you for taking the time to contact us. Please feel free to email us at social@budgetdirect.com.au, and we will be happy to provide further clarity on any questions you have. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

siga2net
siga2netasked

Does Budget Direct home insurance cover the subsidence, land settling or collapse?

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi, thank you for reaching out. Our policies provide cover for insured events. All this information is located in our Product Disclosure Statement on the website at www.budgetdirect.com.au. If you need any assistance please feel free to chat with us when you are online and we will be happy to assist. Cheers, Budget Direct.

See all Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and Budget Direct representatives

CategoryHome and Contents Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Car, Health, Home and Contents, Landlord, Life, Pet and Travel