Bürgen Soy-Lin

Bürgen Soy-Lin (page 2 of 4)

2.2

Kylie B

Kylie BWanniassa 2903, ACT

Why oh why did they change it?

Burgen Soy-Lin gluten free used to make me happy. Good gluten free breads are so hard to find. And now this one is one of the worst. Dry and crumbly, holes all through it. I will never buy this again. I’m so sad :(

Purchased in February 2019 at Woolworths Online store.

Peter W

Peter WSouth East Queensland, QLD

New Recipe a Disappointment

Burgen gluten free bread was the only edible product of its kind.
New recipe is crumbly and tasteless. Why change a great recipe?
I won't be buying it again - a huge disappointment!

Purchased in February 2019 at Coles Supermarkets.

New recipe is dry and loaded with carbs

If you compare the “before” macros for this bread vs the “new” recipe, you’ll notice the carbs are significantly higher. Not all of you may be into macro counting but it might be worthwhile knowing that you’re getting more carbs in each slice vs the old recipe. The new bread is dry and tasteless as well. Thumbs down from me.

Purchased in February 2019 at Woolworths.

Joshua B

Joshua BNorthern Region, NSW

The bad old days

Years ago Gluten free bread was like eating cardboard and the only way it could be resurrected to edible matter was to stick it in the toaster - the bad old days. Then finally Gluten free bread became glorious. How disappointing that Bürgen Bread has reverted back to the bad old days. I will never buy this bread again.

Purchased in February 2019 for A$7.00.

Terrible new recipe

The old recipe was my favourite bread.
The new recipe is terrible - dry and poor flavour (maybe too much sugar?)
Anyway now I have to find a replacement brand so am very disappointed

Purchased in February 2019.

Michael

MichaelGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very disappointed

I had been enjoying Burgen's gluten free soy-Lin bread in 650gm pack for ages - it was the best product on the market. This new recipe in a 500gm pack (at same price) is terrible. The bread is tasteless, dry and breaks apart when handled. For some reason it is double bagged as well which is an environmental disaster!

Edward

EdwardSouth East Queensland, QLD

Feeling dissatisfied

Have been buying gluten free soy-Lin bread in 650gm pack, new pack 500gm at same price and bread is really dry texture. Very disappointed, why the change, will now look for an alternative product.

Jane S

Jane SGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Disappointed with flavour and size of new gluten free bread

This was my favourite gluten free bread and I was happy to pay the higher price as it was a great product both for sandwiches and toast. But now, not only is the bread dry, but the size of the slice is way too thick. As this bread is expensive compared with other brands I won’t be buying it again in its current form. Such bad timing as Vegemite is now available gluten free.

So disappointed....

My supermarket told me when my favourite bread - Burgen (Gluten Free) range - was not on the shelf that the company were changing packaging. Bought it yesterday, I am eating my toast now. So disappointed as it is so so dry! I have always loved my Burgen bread as not only it has been great for toast but that you can eat sandwiches - NOT toasted - the bread still soft a couple of days after opening the packet. Can’t believe the company have done this......

Pulse

PulseCLYDE NORTH

New Recipe fails to impress

This was our favourite bread and worth paying the extra $2 from its competitors until the recipe change. The change now sees this bread join the ranks or the less superior brands. The drier consistency means toasting and using bread a few days old only results in eating dry crumbs. The slightly doughy and moist recipe of old was perfect holding the bread together. This alone stood this bread out from its competitors and made the price tag acceptable. Now you may as well buy the cheaper brands.

Horrible new recipe

New recipe, disgusting, dry, crumbly, tasteless. Will never buy again. Sorry, this is the most backward step in baking bread. Price has stayed the same but slices decreased, goodbye Burgen.

You made a bad call on new recipe

Why change the gluten free recipe when it was the best out there. New recipe is horrid will not buy again

Bring back original recipe

Don’t like the new “improved recipe”
Why change a quality product into crap???
Dry and tasteless!!!
Burgen have reduced the volume of product 650g now 500g do you think we are idiots???
Double plastic packaging WTH !!!
Evironmentally devastating and not appropriate for today’s society
Definitely won’t be buying this product again unless the original Soy Lin re appears on the shelves

New recipe very disappointing

Finally I had found a GF bread that was enjoyable, but now that the recipe has changed it is just the same as other supermarket GF breads - dry. Why did you change the recipe? Was it for health reasons? If not then it was a big mistake. You will lose customers.

Nic

Nic

Crumbled to pieces

Just tried the new recipe version of this bread and it's a total waste of money. The slices literally crumbled into pieces like a pile of bread crumbs. Couldn't eat it as is or even toasted. The slices wouldn't separate and it was so dry.

New recipe is horrible.

Up until recently this was the best gluten free bread on the market. It was moist and dense. The company drastically changed its recipe and packaging. It is now dry, brittle with the texture of chalk. Bad move Burgen. You've lost a loyal family.

Kel

KelMelbourne

I hate the NEW recipe - it’s a disaster!

I have bought the Burgen GF loaves for a long time and was horrified to see that not only have they ruined the bread (it’s too dry, tasteless and crumbly to use for sandwiches or toast now), it’s also put in TWO layers of environmentally unfriendly soft plastic! Who does that!? I am so upset. It was the only supermarket gluten free bread worth buying, now it’s as bad as all the others.

New receipe is very dissappointing.

I agree with many of these reviews. For years I have enjoyed gf soy-lin as my favourite and loved the way the slices were equal in size. I could leave it in the fridge for a week, make great sandwiches and a peanut butter sandwich stood the test to take hiking. The new recipe lacks taste and texture. Now forced to use another brand. Please bring back the old recipe

Doddy

DoddyAU

Won't buy again

For years I have been buying and recommending Burgen GF bread but never again with this new recipe - it is awful - one sold in Aldi for $3.99 is much more palatable - sorry

Bring Back The OLD Recipe

I loved the old recipe especially toasted, my whole family loved it and have been eating for last 5 years BUT they just changed the recipe and it’s horrible! The new recipe is dry and cardboard like. Hate it. Won’t ever buy it again. If they change it back to original I will buy it every day. We used to eat 1 -2 lives per day. So disappointing! Why would you change the best bread in the world????? SAD ☹️

Lyn M.

Lyn M.asked

Does this bread contain nuts

Piphoop

Piphoopasked

Does anyone know if Burgen has changed the recipe of soylin bread? The last two loaves I have bought have been much less soft & moist than usual. So disappointing! Many thanks....

David W
David W

Unless they see a marketing advantage (eg "Now salt free" or "Reduced fat") I don't think they would make recipe changes public. One way to get them to change is first to acknowledge something good about the product... (eg "It has good texture") but then to make your point "Too dry"... or "too salty" ... Please fix to make the product better...

berylebasked

I have never had a problem since my niece introduced, me to burgen soy linseed bread. However over the last 6 weeks the bread is going mouldy under a week. I am a pensioner ,unable to get to get to Coles for a refund. I am paying top dollar for a loaf of bread that last 3 days, if I am lucky. Do I have to look for an alternate bread.

Kathie Chappell
Kathie Chappell

I am no longer buying this bread because it was sticking together and making holes in each slice

beryleb

Tried again this week, with a different store, however I will not be buying, Burgen Soy linseed again.
I have not been able to find a customer care number or address that I could tell them of the problem.
Has anybody else had this problem.

Rehelyn
Rehelyn

I have promoted burgen bread for almost 2 years as the best gluten free bread on the market BUT recently it has been going moldy within a couple of days and long before the useby date.
I have looked in line to see where I can write to the company but can't find anything.
$7 a loaf and you have to throw away half of it.